"To PB..."

"To PB..."

A Poem by Chris
"

I paused at this page and listened. She has a lot to say… http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/pb1/1707517/

"

I paused at this page and listened.  She has a lot to say…

 

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/pb1/1707517/

 

So many “voices” in our world need to be heard - don’t you think?

 

 

"To PB…"

 

It seems you ARE learning

of your self

of your world

of the realities of life, living, and

the truth of love.

You've tasted tears,

tasted smiles,

touched hands and souls

and learned about time -

and tomorrows…

and that is only the beginning.

 

Good morning -

coffee and shared sunrises

give us a chance to catch a breath

and …perhaps…

remember how to dream.

 

Chris

© 2016 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have read the poem you linked to and will write my thoughts there after I write here. My heart is warmed, and somewhat stinging. Life...oh, Life...the pain and the slaps and the loses it can bring. Some people seem to get knocked down as soon as they get up, and the miracle is that they get up. I once heard that if all of our problems were put in the middle of a table, and everyone else put there's there too, that we would take our own problems back. Reading PB's story made me feel that way. You said in another of your beautiful poems (I paraphrase from memory here) something to the effect that empathy seems like a gift, but is very painful to those of us who feel it. By writing this to PB you show your huge heart and the empathy that springs from it. Whether perfectly written, grammatically correct, or whatever her piece cannot be read without feeling a need to put arms around her and somehow find a way to encourage. You have done that here. May your life and your dear, loving, warm heart be blessed beyond anything you could imagine. YOU, my friend, are a rare gem in a desert of hot, dry sand.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris

7 Years Ago

We each have a voice and its important to know it gets heard... each of us leaves noseprints on both.. read more
Chris, with your comfortable sense of warm welcome (an invite, of sorts), PB must surely feel all that it means to her in a truly abiding way, and who could blame her … if she does.

Beautiful renderings, My Friend — thank you so very much for sharing! ⁓ Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well, I am jealous. But I will check out the link nonetheless. Good one as always, supporting the voices you enjoy ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


The threads woven here are a reminder to all that is golden through the balance of connecting and life...lovely...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

Glad you came by
nice compliment to PB's poem ..thank you for the link! love your closing verse ..man don't we all need just a little sit down ... some natural beauty shared .. in coffee house ambiance .. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! enjoying that breath :)
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

G'mornin E... nice seeing ya.
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

:) ..................
After reading both poems, I am thinking that PB did a pretty clear job of showing us that the sorrow has strengthened her knowledge of self (which is what you're also saying in the start of your poem). Your response is considerably more lighthearted, so I get the feeling maybe you are not comfortable with the soul searching in PB's poem, thus feeling the need to brighten things up & lighten things up a bit. But sometimes I want to tell people to honor their grief, whatever the losses may be. Sometimes cheering people up doesn't feel as good as you would think. I admire you for reaching out as you saw fit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


' You've tasted tears, -- tasted smiles, -- touched hands and souls -- and learned about time -= and tomorrows… '

Sometimes, Mr. Chris, sometimes frequently, you aim for the stars with a post and exceed your intentions! This is such a beautiful piece of writing, such a golden gift for a friend you want to thank for being so special, so precious. We're all due for reminders and nudges to learn from someone who knows how to inspire. That could be PB,, or You.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I read pb's story before reading this, and I'm glad. Your two works meld well together, compliment one another. Fantastic work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

People need being heard... I hope I helped.
This was such a nice poem you left for pb. I read her story too! simply inspiring :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you paused to listen to PB...
Affirmation and introductions. What more could a friend offer?
A kindness with your pen.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

Thanks for pausing Dave...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1058 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Make Me Come Make Me Come

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay