Memories On A Sunday Morning..."

Memories On A Sunday Morning..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Life paused - really, it did.

"

“Memories On A Sunday Morning…”

 

Tis a chill and rainswept day til just now…

life just paused.

 

How goes your week's end so far?  Something new behind your eyes?  Melodies and dreams?  Do you dream - for real now …do you?  And what flavors them?  Would you "touch" them?  

 

Sigh… 

 

Thought-full rain

echoes within

as each sky-tear flows

the intervening walls

and I …I… imagine

what it is to dream -

dreams of thoughts,

thoughts of dreams

and dreamers …dreaming

of softness

of tender moments - memories

of fading times

…and peoples' echoes

and what is the touch of fingertips trailing

across breathless lips…

the taste of closeness,

the lidded eyes burning into

…mine

and how hard it IS

to remember how to breathe,

when to breathe

- and even IF you ever WANT to breathe again.

Such are rainswept moments

as sky-tears flow

…and the coffee sits

lost and forgotten.

 

Chris


© 2019 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This is really good, emotional read, really enjoyed this write

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Good morning, hope your day goes well.
Kesch (Finding Julia)

4 Years Ago

thank you hope yours goes well as well
Wow! Seems you have crowds of readers and their poetry spills through in commenting on yours...such a wonderful following! Sunday morning has always been intimate and ultimate, speaking softly, but drawing much attention...


Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

I do hope they remember I was here and still am.
Melancholy always floods through me whenever it rains. I'm more inclined to grab a cup of coffee and write.

"to remember how to breathe,
when to breathe
- and even IF you ever WANT to breathe again."

A lovely, emotive piece, Chris. Hope life has been kind to you, my friend.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

You really ARE a Pearl kinda woman Kell ...memorable and dear.
Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

...how sweet of a thing to say...thank you!
Chris

4 Years Ago

It's true ...chuckling softly.
This was absolutely beautiful and reminded me of a song, "Seigfried" by Frank Ocean whom I love. So well written.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

I'm glad you were 'touched'...
Melancholy and soft, yet ... a touch of bitter always better with the sweet

Posted 4 Years Ago


Ah... what a sweet, soft song of memories of tender intimacy. I know most people don't, but I love rain. So, the melodie of your poem was dripping so lovingly in my soul: with nostalgy flavoured with a serene longing to dreams which we don't know for sure we need to see accomplished. Love it. Thank you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Thank you for your insight and thoughts.
I read so fast, sometimes it feels like a poem has to literally reach out and arrest control of tempo and pace from me... The editing, the bold word choices, but most of all that line... Dreams of thoughts and thoughts of dreams... It poured molasses into my eyes and took a slow, dribbling pace into my brain... As this DEMANDED a measured pace... Masterfully written... This is what writing is... From the "Sigh..." To the cleverly personal intro... I felt one with what I was reading... As if I was meant to read it as I read it. Masterful.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

"Is it yesterday yet?"
Chase Dylan

4 Years Ago

Hah, no but it is tomorrow
Chris

4 Years Ago

you sure of that? Look around and think on it... just sayin'
The coffee is usually cold and forgotten for me too. Nice work here because you made realize how forgetful I am about my joe when I'm busy with other things. I'm the dog that chases a fake squirrel when my owner says the name of that very creature.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sometimes we are so lost in our own thoughts that we forget how it is to be alive. That's why you need to take a deep breath and remember that you exist for a reason. If not now you will find that reason along the way.
Sometimes it's good to look back, but looking back is not that important if it's gonna make you sad.

Dream because you can, those dreams make you move forward in life, gives you hope and can make you do anything that sounds impossible.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I see a gray morning, low clouds, steady spring shower, rain streaked windows, and a man with coffee cup in hand, fixated on one raindrop, running haphazardly down a glass pane. He recalls a happy time, sun, summer, and sharing coffee with a love one, someone gone for at least a season. For me, that was yesterday. Good write, Chris, as always.

Posted 5 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2019
Last Updated on April 14, 2019
Tags: CHris Writing, Poetry

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Moi..." "Moi..."

A Poem by Chris


Finals Finals

A Poem by Beccy