"Mary Had A Little Lamb..."

"Mary Had A Little Lamb..."

A Poem by Chris
"

a different "LOOK" and way... separate, parallel, AND across... so many ways for tears to fall.

"

"Mary had a little Lamb..."

...an 'uncle' had shepard's pie for dinner...
he ate seconds.

Anger                                 ...and tears
and hurt -                           leak
flow without thought          from eyes
as memories...                    just because
when its all you have          its all you have
                         sometimes.

Chris

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
a different "LOOK" and way... separate, parallel, AND across...
so many ways for tears to fall.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A grim side to farm life. so sad.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Just last evening my neighbor lady told me a story about when she was young and newly married into a farming family. She was presented with a baby calf that was black and white and darling. she raised the calf and babied it until her husband told her "Spotty" was about ready for butchering. She freaked out and told her husband she didn't want to know anything more about it. Then one day "Spotty" was gone. She got a call from her father-in-law that it only took one bullet and that it was clean. Then he informed her that he needed for her to go fetch the beef that was her baby from the butcher's and take it home. Now that is a sad story. I don't know how I could have swallowed even one bite of Spotty....tears falling. I like what you did.
Christy

Posted 12 Years Ago


"separate, parallel, AND across..."and sometimes together...

Posted 12 Years Ago


me likey


Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Chuff me this is good. It works on so many different levels, depending upon how you read it and your mood at any given time. A wonderfully crafted piece that allows the readers persona to read in as much as they want.

Posted 12 Years Ago


WoW!!!!! Its truly a magic square....

Posted 12 Years Ago


This can be read in different ways, but the meaning is still the same. Like a magic square.

By the way, I like Shepard's pie.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So original! I am at awe with your view of writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am stunned. If this is not easy to read, I can obly imagine what it would have been writing this.

For once, this is not a poem I want to review Chris, but it is a poem on this I want to read your own review... Seriously...

This is so fascinating.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's originally said and well said Chris !

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on October 6, 2011

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Old

A Poem by Muse