Dream

Dream

A Story by Anastasija
"

Maybe next transformer movie? :D

"

            One of those summer days when weather is so perfect you don’t even notice it. Music festival were everyone looks like they are having fun, but I think it’s more because everyone is more or less tipsy. My little brother is finally turning eighteen and this is like his first official grown up party. I’m trying to enjoy the band which is currently on stage and balance myself on my brother’s shoulders at once as we both move to the beat. Didn’t even notice how fast he has outgrown me and become a man till now. Partly because he is still acting like a child.

            As the band ended their performance we decided to see sunset so we headed to the beach. The walk through small wood which was little bumpy so you had to watch your step. Unfortunately, some guy not far from me almost tripped but managed to grasp around a tree. I looked at him as he looked like he was hugging a tree.  Only when I saw his big smile I understood I was staring at him for too long, smiled back and continued walking.

The bright orange circle just right on the horizon line made time stop and forget about everything for a while. I saw many people enjoying  the view and drifting away in there looks, but I could feel that one look was directed to me. The tree hugging guy from before with big smile was staring at me.

“What?” I asked, laughing.

“I came to see sunset but apparently I found something more beautiful to look at!” he said with cute grin.

I laughed as my face blushed a little but I hoped because of the sunset it wouldn’t be noticeable.

“That’s so cheesy!” I giggled and kept looking at sunset as the sun was already going over the horizon line.

“Maybe, but it’s true!” he turned away from me and looked at horizon, “I have seen lots of sunsets, but never a girl like you.”

“I could say the same.” I couldn’t say that without laughing because of his assertive flirting.

“My name is Derek.” He turned and stretched his hand forwards me.

“Anastasia” I said a little bit surprised and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you, Anastasia!” he smiled and looked into my eyes.

I was pulled back in reality by girls scream. I looked to the side where scream came from and saw my brother trying to throw some girl in water. Some of his friends joined and started chasing girls on a beach.

            “Hey, Sis! Come join us!” my brother said smiling and headed my way. I knew that smile. The smile which meant he was planning something against me. I knew he wanted to throw me in water but I wasn’t planning to get wet so I did the first thing that came to mind. I hid behind Derek.

            “Don’t you even think about that!” I said it like threat.

            “Aww...you really think that guy is going to save you?” he pointed at Derek and laughed still approaching us.

I grabbed Derek by his arm and said him to run. We ran a few steps till we reached dunes and trees. My brother ran just a little bit but soon realized it’s not worth it and went back to join his friends.

            “Apparently, I CAN save you!” Derek sneered.

            “Yeah…I would be totally helpless against my little brother without you!” I said sarcastically. We were heading further into wood, when I heard a scream. But this was different… This felt real, full with fear and panic. After it followed many others like it. I looked at the beach right before giant robot like leg landed in the middle of the crowd. Everybody fell because of the earthquake it made with every step. I looked at big leg and kept staring up from where it was attached. I saw massive metallic dog like machine (like imperial walker from Star Wars). I started to get up and look for my brother, and as I wanted to scream his name, I saw him run into to the woods and felt someone grabbing my arm and dragging in the same direction. I was so shocked I didn’t heard Derek but I saw him screaming  “Run!” and grabbing my arm even tighter. We run. It was hard for me to focus on running and not to fall. I was scared. We ran out of the woods right on a highway. I tried to look back when I heard squealing noise which scared me even more when I thought it wasn't possible. Burning rubber smell from car that has stopped in front of us and surprised driver brought me back from shock.

            All ground shook when giant machine came through woods tilting trees along the way.

            “Get in!” guy yelled through car window seeing that. We drove so fast that after few miles we couldn’t see it. For a minute I thought I imagined it, but then I started crying. Derek hugged me and I hugged him back to tight that I thought if I let go the giant machine would get me. I was sobbing in his shirt while he was holding me.

            “It’s going to be alright.” he said,” It is going to be alright.” he said it again, but this time slower and more like to himself. I fell asleep. I woke up when I felt car slowing down and finally hit the brakes. We were in city.

“Hey man, I think we should go the police or something?” Derek said to the driver.

“My name is Keal by the way,” said driver “and if someone knows anything about this and can help then it’s my uncle Jered.” he said that and pointed at the high apartment house in front of us. As we were heading to higher floor in elevator I couldn’t help myself not to ask:

“How do you know your uncle will know something about this?”

“Because he told me about them. That’s why I was there on highway near the festival. At first I thought it was some crazy mans conspiracy story, but as it turns out it’s not.” He said it like still trying convince himself.

We got out of the elevator and headed to the end of the hall were we saw door which was already a little bit opened. It seemed troubled Keal. He pushed them further open and reached for empty coat rack next to the door.

“Why the door was opened like that?” Derek asked.

“I don’t know.” said Keal slowly entering flat and looking around.

“Put the coat rack down!” calm, deep voice came from next room, “And it was open because I knew you were coming. It was just matter of time when you realize your uncle wasn’t crazy and that those fairytales were true.” A man in late 40s appeared polishing gun in his arms.

“And I see you have brought some friends. I guess that means you are ready for war!” man smiled with excitement in his eyes.

“War? We have to get to the safety! Somewhere far away from here!” Derek intervened.

“No!” I surprised everyone in the room even myself because words came out a little bit louder than I expected, “I have to get my brother, I can’t just hide knowing he’s still there!”

“That’s what I’m talking about! Who thought she got bigger balls than you guys.” man laughed.

© 2017 Anastasija


Author's Note

Anastasija
This is a one of my dreams, which I thought was interesting enough to tell you. Edited it a little bit to make it more understandable (made up names which I'm not good at).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed the story. I liked the places and the situations described. I did like the ending. You made me smile. Thank you Anastasija for sharing the amazing story. I like how you write. You bring the reader in and hold them.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed the story. I liked the places and the situations described. I did like the ending. You made me smile. Thank you Anastasija for sharing the amazing story. I like how you write. You bring the reader in and hold them.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2017
Last Updated on October 6, 2017

Author

Anastasija
Anastasija

Riga, Latvia



About
Rainy day and a cup of tea Cozy bed and a book to read Quiet and peace is all I need more..

Writing
Our night Our night

A Poem by Anastasija


I miss I miss

A Poem by Anastasija