A Leap in the Bouquet

A Leap in the Bouquet

A Story by Andre Waters II
"

Very short story about a taking the leap.

"
And I leaped…i took a leap of faith. I thought I’d land in the bouquet wagon, but I fell flat on the earth. I thought I had it figured out, for the most part. It was so manipulating, but I thought I figured it out…I was wrong, and yet again, love had me easily deceived. Not even love, I was seeking, but it’s love that becomes of like and therefore, I was fooled by it’s cousin. It would be nice to know you, the real you, but you remain burning me with deception. You and I have something in common, we live in alluring mystery. Everyone wishes to know you, to know me, to know us, but they don’t know really us. They don’t know what we’re really capable of, what we can bring to their lives. They see us on the outside, not inside. This outer shell says leave us alone, the inner says speak to me, grab my attention, pull me from certainty of passing you by. Show me you’re confident in me, and I’ll show you I’m confident in you. Shall I leap again? If so, do I land? A bouquet can catch me, if it’s made of you. If I were to leap and you see me falling towards you, would you bloom? Again, I leaped…the drop seems farther, I’m spending more time falling. I’m observing you as I fall, feeling faith pull us together. I’ve been falling forever, so does that mean you’re falling too? Am I supposed to meet you, or catch you before you hit the ground? At some point we have to land, would we make a sound? I leaped…I leaped into my fears, and watched them fly away as I land. I leaped into you…I fell in the bouquet wagon. I took the fall to know you, and now I know who I am.
I leaped...I never thought I would take it, but the leap is what I took. I never felt the wind so clear, flowing through my skin. As I hit the ground, my lungs filled. My eyes flashed, my head turned and I woke up. I thought I was never landing, knowing I'd land somewhere...but where? I leaped, I leaped without the hesitation, but what I saw next was beyond my expectation. I leaped at the same time as you do. As we slowly start to fall, the speed picked up. The air starts to rush. The land can get further, or it can grow closer. We fall faster and closer, attraction working towards us. We're falling faster but I see no land insight. Did I leap or did I fall? Should I leap into the fall? If I fell, what would catch me? If I were to leap, just what would I want to leap into? I say a bouquet. So soft, yet stern. If I were to land, would it hold me? Hold us? You're still falling too. Are you falling with me or am I falling with you? A bouquet is what will catch us, do I feel the same as you? Maybe you feel the same as me. I feel to take the fall, to not know you, but to know us. I've come to know me already, I feel to know you more, but I feel to know what us could be. If I am to us, then I should take the faithful leap. I should just take the fall. Maybe it will bring us together. As long as we both land in the bouquet, I won't ask why, but just leap.

© 2017 Andre Waters II


Author's Note

Andre Waters II
Inspired by a review, this has been renewed, fixed grammar errors. Feedback is more than welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your imaginative leap is an unusual & real-to-life description of how some might feel about taking the leap & trusting that there will be a loved one there to catch us as we fall in love. Overall, I get the feeling that "love is blind" . . . that is, you describe it as "falling" but you don't show us anything about the other person & why he/she is worth falling for!?!?! I get the idea that this is like the guy who is so wrapped up in getting up the courage to leap, he isn't really paying attention to where the other person might be coming from, as far as returning the feelings of love. I think many do take such a blind leap. But I prefer to think of love quite differently, like a slow & gradual getting to know one another. The bouquet wagon is the best part of your word-crafting, as it suggests the hope of marriage & also reminds me of the old saying about falling off the wagon (not in terms of drinking, but just in terms of losing your ability to hold yourself back anymore).

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andre Waters II

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. My purpose to the story was to create a blind leap yes, but with the inten.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

My comments are always to stow away in the back of your mind as you continue to write more pieces . .. read more



Reviews

This is an interesting story. I like the idea of a metaphorical bouquet wagon. Leaping again after falling flat onto the earth takes some bravery, and I also like the "fooled by its cousin" part. There's a lot of pretty language here


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your imaginative leap is an unusual & real-to-life description of how some might feel about taking the leap & trusting that there will be a loved one there to catch us as we fall in love. Overall, I get the feeling that "love is blind" . . . that is, you describe it as "falling" but you don't show us anything about the other person & why he/she is worth falling for!?!?! I get the idea that this is like the guy who is so wrapped up in getting up the courage to leap, he isn't really paying attention to where the other person might be coming from, as far as returning the feelings of love. I think many do take such a blind leap. But I prefer to think of love quite differently, like a slow & gradual getting to know one another. The bouquet wagon is the best part of your word-crafting, as it suggests the hope of marriage & also reminds me of the old saying about falling off the wagon (not in terms of drinking, but just in terms of losing your ability to hold yourself back anymore).

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andre Waters II

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. My purpose to the story was to create a blind leap yes, but with the inten.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

My comments are always to stow away in the back of your mind as you continue to write more pieces . .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on October 2, 2017

Author

Andre Waters II
Andre Waters II

Philadelphia , PA



About
I've used warning signs, focal points and makeshift gauges. I've moved further than I ever thought I could, but I'm still missing a lot more than I thought I would. That doesn't stop me from moving cl.. more..

Writing