Best Tricks For Editing Your Own Writing: Free Advice

Best Tricks For Editing Your Own Writing: Free Advice

A Story by Andrew8932

When creating a project, whether we talk about a school assignment or a job-related project, you need to make it attractive. And by attractive we mean both artistic and technic. The technicality of a project refers to the veracity of the information. The artistic part of a project refers to the way you present that information.

The technical part of the project can only be corrected and reviewed using the sources you’ve used and make sure you’ve got the information right. The artistic part of the project can be corrected by editing it.

Here are a few tips you can use when editing your projects.

  1. Detach Yourself From It

You can’t start editing your work the moment you’ve finished it. Your mind needs to take a break from it. For you to have an objective approach towards your work you should let your project rest for a day.Take a break, get on with the next project or simply take a stroll in the park. You are done with the project for the day.

  1. Use Grammar Tools

According to Ewan McCain, Marvelous-Review's writer “Delivering great information it’s great, but it should be delivered using spot-on grammar. Would you believe the information provided by an illiterate? I guess you wouldn’t.”

A very useful tool you can use to have a perfect grammar is Grammarly. By using the free version of the software you will be able to identify the major grammar mistakes in your text’s copy.

  1. Shorten Your Sentences

Apart from a great grammar and coherent information, you need to increase your text’s readability. You should use as few adverbs as possible and use short sentences. Remember never to use passive voice, it’ll make your reader fall asleep.

A tool you can use for this step of the process is the Hemingway Editor. This app will improve the readability of your project. It will make sure your readers don’t fall asleep while reading your composition.

Conclusion

Your projects need to be spot on. In terms of content, you should edit it in order to make it appealing. Delivering relevant information in an unattractive manner won’t make your readers go trust it.

Detach yourself from your project for a period of time, you need to have an objective approach towards it. Once you do that, you can get on with removing the typos and improving its readability.

© 2017 Andrew8932


Author's Note

Andrew8932
This article was written by a professional writer with over 4 years of writing experience. Andrew works as a freelance writer at MarvelousReviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017
Tags: writing, college, education, study

Author

Andrew8932
Andrew8932

About
I'm a professional writer with over 3 years of writing experience. I've worked as a freelance writer and editor at Marvelous-Reviews. more..