dyslexic's

dyslexic's

A Poem by Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
"

stop bulling

"
Dyslexic's, they been bullied, picked on for being difforent and such but that's ok to be difforent. If you want to be difforent then go ahead. If bullies say "what's up brainless boy" or whatever and you say "i know and i'm proud" and get more people to help even tho they don't have a disability like you do then who cares there helping and that's all that counts. We all know i'm dyslexic and do i care. NO SIR'Y DO I DON'T. Couse we all have difforent talents in difforent ways it what makes you well you.

© 2013 Andrew (MJ) Nugteren


Author's Note

Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
hope you like it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I became aware I had a problem with learning when I was very young. That was a very long time ago when I was in Lilja elementary school, in Natick, Massachusetts, dyslexia did not seem to be in the dictionary back then. At that time (I’m talking in the 1950’s now) thinking my eyes were the problem, my parent’s had me fitted with glasses. When that didn't seem to work my teacher simply labeled as, “stupid” she then separated me from the other students by placing me in a corner of the classroom away from the rest of the children so, as she put it, I would not disturb the others children or try to cheat. Punishment, it seemed, was the only treatment for a dyslexic child back in those days. Happily, today that is not the case.



In the 1950's when I was a kid spell checkers were called, “Dictionaries”, there were no electronic devices to aid a student back then. I had to look up every word I could not spell and that meant just about all of them. That was very time consuming and by the time I found the word I was looking for, my focus on what I was trying to write was lost. Even today I cannot depend on spell checker alone, dyslexia victims must use the (thesaurus) together with spell checker. I learned the hard way and even then I require an editor.



Dyslexics should not despair though; there are many famous people with dyslexia who have found ways to function despite this disability. People like, Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, Orlando Bloom, Tom Cruise, Jay Leno, Keanu Reeves, Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams, just to mention a few, all have dyslexia. Each and every one of these people has found their own way to work and function despite dyslexia. That is what victim’s such as myself must do. Find what works for them personally and continuously develop.



If you are a struggling in school, the first things you should do is discuss the problem with your parents. In most cases and with their help you can find a plan that will work for you. Have your parents inform your teachers in school about your disability. Most schools today have programs for dyslexic students and some can assist in finding places to get more help. What it boils down to is finding what works for you personally. Good luck and keep writing. I hope this helps anyone with this disability. Always remember when you look in the mirror, the person you are looking at is smarter than you think.



Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thank you for that :)
*-resisting the urge to spellcheck-*
I've never seen a dyslexic be bullied before...and I've witnessed people being bullied for just about everything.
Generally nobody knows because it's not a physical disability o.o
But it's a shame if you are being bullied...it's ridiculous that that should become a problem for you because of them =[

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

well I just ignore them and I would stand-up to them anyways if I seen anyone else who's being bulli.. read more
I suffer from the same issue.. I'm not really picked on for it. Because not many people know about it. But I'm glad yew can be proud of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kitten

11 Years Ago

:P
Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

:P
Kitten

11 Years Ago

:3
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
I'm glad that you embrace your passions in spite of a stumbling block that has been biologically placed in front of you. Your confidence is beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thank you
:D
You should be proud. Hold your head high and keep writing. You are very good at it and I always enjoy reading your work. :)

Nicely written ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

:-)
Felicity's Eve

11 Years Ago

:)
Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

:-D
Being dyslexic's mean you must work harder. No weaknesses in life. People with weaknesses overcome great things. Because they fought harder and won't give in. Look at the wisest and smartest people in our world. Many are dyslexic and did great things. All of us are born with strength and weaknesses. A wise person don't allow anything to slow them down. A powerful poem. You made me think this morning.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thanks dude
i am so very proud of you for this, this is a serious matter that needs discussing, always hold your head up and be proud of who you are

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

thanks and i know right and i am proud of who i am
The story of no words has now been brought to life. I love this. I'm sorry that you have to go through this but it's important to be proud of yourself and realize your many strengths. Keep the battle going because soon the sun will shine. Nicely penned! Best regards, Dell

Posted 11 Years Ago


Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

11 Years Ago

i'm all ways proud of my self and thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013
Tags: dyslexic, bulling

Author

Andrew (MJ) Nugteren
Andrew (MJ) Nugteren

Crystal Beach, CA



About
Hey,I'm Andrew Nugteren (People Call me Michael Jackson)! I'm 18 years old! I like to read Fan fiction books and I like writing poems. I enjoy comic books, and hanging out with my friends. I have a do.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brothers Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider