Haunted Memories

Haunted Memories

A Story by Stan Lee
"

Short Story

"

Nothing felt better to Laura than being spooned by her boyfriend. Lying in bed she could feel the warmth of his body pressing faithfully against her back.  She felt him lean in and kiss her neck, his stache brushing gently and making her smile. But when he ran his finger over the deep scar on her arm she started to cry.

She tried, but she couldn't stop the awful memories which flooded her mind yet again. Driving along a dark road, the truck roaring toward them, waking up in hospital, operations, more operations. They'd managed to save her arm. Laura groaned, She'd have rather lost her arm than lost... Her thoughts were interrupted as her mother bustled into the room.

"Morning Laura," called her mother, pulling back the covers. "Time to get up." Then she noticed the tears. Sighing heavily she glanced across at the pillows bundled behind Laura's back. "Oh Laura, when are you going to accept that he's not coming back?"

© 2016 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
Appreciate any comments?
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like with all your Laura stories, there's a great twist with this. My favorite part about this story is that it gives just enough information for the reader to figure out what's happening and doesn't have any unnecessary exposition. And, uh, I can admit to doing the pillow thing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Really short, but an entire unspoken story in those words. Simple pleasure intruded upon by reality.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Really short (lol) :) Thanks a heap for reading and reviewing S.Mi! I really appreciate you taking .. read more
Shannon

7 Years Ago

Short but complete! 😊
uuuuuu... PLOT TWIST!!!!!!!
you got me there. ahahah and I was thinking this was gong lame.... fantastic. Right in the feelings.
Thank you
I will give it 100/100

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Laura. I'm glad you liked the plot twist. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee