Twisted

Twisted

A Story by Stan Lee
"

-

"

It was a hot sunny weekend in January when the bodies started to wash ashore. Jayne gave out a stifled exclamation when she saw the first.


"No! Buddy! Back off!" She yelled at her dog as he sniffed and pawed.


Shading her eyes, she looked up and down the deserted beach as though expecting someone to appear but of course nobody did. She and Buddy were the only inhabitants of the island. That's if you didn't count the rabbits that pilfered the vegetable patch no matter how many traps Jayne lay.


The mainlanders thought isolation had turned Jayne mad. Maybe they were right, thought Jayne as she leaned down to examine the man. She prodded it with her finger, almost not believing that it was there. Blank eyes stared up at her. Jayne could feel something rising within her. A desire she had not felt for many years.


She twisted the figure into sitting position, moving it's stiff arms and legs. Running her fingers across its face revealed a stubbled chin. With a small grin, Jayne twisted its head stiffly on its neck, right around, until it's face stared unnaturally backward like an owl. She laughed.


"You found treasure!" Jayne called to Buddy. "Let's take it back to the cottage."


But Buddy was barking and pawing at something else now. Jayne hurried over.


It was another one.


All in all, they found eight men that weekend. They lay in Jayne's cottage where she had twisted and bent all their limbs. They were her treasure. Hers and Buddy's. She scratched at Buddy's head between the ears.


"I wonder what the tide will bring us next," Jayne mumbled. "Maybe a shipment of bricks will wash up next so we can build houses for these Lego men."

© 2017 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
Appreciate ANY feedback :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Of course! How can she 'twist' a 'person's' head...that seriously sounded insane...but, woah...what a nice 'twist' lol. Amazing stuff. Keep 'twisting'!

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Freaking Lego!

You pulled it off! Had me wondering till the final line. Just as i thought your protagonist was truly mad!

As always, very well written and extremely clever. Keep the smart stories coming. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Woohoo! Gotcha with my plot twist Doooooooodley! Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm glad you l.. read more
Gah! That's awesome. I was not expecting that *twist*. The whole way I was wondering where the story was going. There's just enough detail for the reader to want to know more about this strange character and her situation.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much Clifford. :) Glad you liked it! I've just made a few tiny changes per suggestion from.. read more
Lmao. Good pun. I'm glad she wasn't so crazy. I would suggest you consider finding some slightly more ambiguous words than body...

Well written, a few words give us her context so well.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Shannon

6 Years Ago

I think it is already better ☺️
Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thanks :) lmk what else I can do to make it perfect ;)
Stan Lee

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your review and suggestion Shannon. :) Glad you liked it.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

857 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 10, 2017

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..