Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by Hippo
"

Struggling with what to say and how to say it.

"

Fingertips pressing down on lightly sprung plastic keys, one after the other in an uneven rythm. Slow and at times gaining momentum in time with emerging thoughts and ideas.... then..... a long pause and corresponding sigh.

 

A stare into space searching for clarity and inspiration, losing hold of that train of thought that created your enthusiasm and drive in the first place. The spark of inspiration that grew into a flame is now just a burning ember.... A vacant glance at your screen, mulling over what you have already typed, wondering if it makes sense.

 

Of course it makes sense to you, but your concern is for the recipient, to make sure they know exactly what you mean...  Worrying about the ways in which simple written passages can be interpreted...

Your eyes scanning side to side, jumping eagerly from word to word, your brain analysing each and every letter, confirming what you have previously drafted in your head.

 

Your finger finding the back arrow key at the top right hand side of your keyboard and with each downward stroke erasing your initial manuscript... Letter by letter your words dissappear, as if you had never even thought or considered them. Your shoulders slouch and head drops in dissapointment, asking yourself, why is it so hard to express what I want to say?

 

You sit bolt upright having had a surge of inspiration like an electric shock. Goosebumps taking over your skin as your eyes widen, regaining that creative feeling once more...

 

You start with a blank canvas and type what you truely wanted to say in the first place....

I LOVE YOU!

Following the exclamation mark with a satisfied smile as you click SEND...   

© 2010 Hippo


Author's Note

Hippo
Anything constructive. Any likes or dislikes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I get this ALL THE TIME!
Very nice, I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice poem and I hate writers block. I always got them and it makes me lose the idea and make me not think.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on March 1, 2010
Tags: Love, feelings, writers block

Author

Hippo
Hippo

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm new. Have been inspired to write by a very good friend of mine who is brilliant in her own right! If i could be a fraction as good i would be over the moon! more..

Writing
What is a Mug? What is a Mug?

A Poem by Hippo


Homeless Homeless

A Poem by Hippo