I miss myself!

I miss myself!

A Poem by Angel Bird
"

random thoughts ...

"

 

I miss my old self!
I miss who I really am
deep down within me
The one I fail to be,
and to show
since all too long now
Don't know if I'll ever
find it again
I probably buried
myself too deep down
within my soul
So there will perhaps
be not time enough
in this lifetime  to
dig deep enough to
find at least a piece
of it
Who knows what I'd
find along my way
of digging?
I suppose I'd need to
dig through a lot of
new and old memories.
A painful and hurtful
part it can be
at some places
Also wonderful moments
I'd be lucky to rejoice
in again for sure
Which will make me
smile and happy,
and then sad for they
are over and never
to come back
Where am I?
What can I do to find
myself again?
Should I print out
my portrait on a
'Wanted' form, and
stick it on every 
detail within me?
Perhaps there'd be a
soul somewhere deep
down who will recognise
itself and shout out
to me
"Listen, you found me! -
Your lost self! -
Here I am! - Happy you
found me in this turmoil!
Want me to come back?!?"
What then? What am I
to do then?
Should I open up
to its return?
Should I gratefully
accept its offer, and
risk it to disturb my
already somewhat lost
inner peace?
Or could it eventually
settle down my troubled
being?
Although - I have a lot
of time to think about
the right choice to make
There's a long road

to travel to perhaps,
with lots of luck
stumble upon my self one day!

 

 

© 2008 Angel Bird


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First off, I must compliment you on your first line. "I miss my old self" immediately made me think of "I celebrate myself" (the first line of Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself"), which was a really nice touch. It's very poignant and true - I think we all hope to "stumble upon our selves one day." The use of simple language really helps to get your point across, too - I like that you didn't do anything too elaborate.

I do have two critiques, however: The first quarter of your poem lacks punctuation, and thus it makes it hard to read an decipher. It also makes it feel a little juvenile since you start inserting punctuation later. I like the lost, broken feel in the first few stanzas, but you should recognize that that style is rather confusing for your reader, so you may want to help us out by giving us a few road signs in the form of commas and periods :-) Also, the line breaks seems a bit random at points. Sometimes it looks like you break up a line just for the sake of having it be in congruence with the lengths of the other lines, and that's a little odd. You might want to rework your line breaks for this reason.

Well done - you did a good job expressing a deep, metaphysical concept.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I absolutely loved it. It spoke to me about myself I will definitely be reading more of your work

Posted 8 Years Ago


It is very easy to lose oneself and you represented the feelings that accompany that loss. Great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Flawless except instead recognise is spelled recognize. I really liked that poem as you search for yourself as to even go and make a wanted poster to find the person you once knew of yourself. This was a very strong, creative, and emotional poem with all kinds descriptions all around. You did an awesome job and I relate to in so many ways myself hopping one day to stumble upon each little piece of myself one day. Nicely done and keep up the excellent work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This concept is something I feel that most people forget to consider or are afraid to consider. Your thoughts and words form perfect questions of a "lost self". Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We all get lost from time to time wondering what happend to the ''old'' self. Great piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a heartfelt declaration that we must hold on to the purest form of ourselves and evolve from that point on without the voices that impose....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found so many things that follow right along... in my shadow. This place that I put all that I wished to put behind me, and. It follows right along, anyway! This idea of digging round and what might I find, I thought really interesting. Yet had to go there a few times, for eye openers and old scabs. Painful them ones, yet necessary to the road ahead in that finding myself, hiding from truth. Shades of those choices that shadow, won't let go of. For its own reasons I need ponder, if I'm to survive my fantasies. Reminds me of the Beatles 'Long and Winding Road' (back home) where my heart is...
Always waiting.

I liked this theme a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This truly fascinated me.. made me wonder how many others ponder who they are.. who they were.. who they may become.. Truly a deep, rich write to make us dance in the light of day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. wow ... what a beautiful piece of writing ... what a journey ... so inspiring and so poetic in the way it saunters and meanders and searches for answers ... i can so relate to this ... and must thank you ... this is something i really needed to read ... and especially today ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3942 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2008
Last Updated on July 2, 2008

Author

Angel Bird
Angel Bird

About
---While my pen tries to save the impossible, the truth is seeping through the ink... © 2010 Angel Bird --- No wall however thick will prevent my imaginati.. more..

Writing
So long! So long!

A Story by Angel Bird


Immensity Immensity

A Poem by Angel Bird



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..