The ice cold rain.

The ice cold rain.

A Story by Angel Without Wings
"

Rain. Cold. Puddles. His umbrella.

"
Cold rain fell from the sky, each drop so cold that as it hit her, it felt like every drop would burn her. Lightning danced in the clouds, occasionally reaching a foot down and striking the earth. The thunder grumbled, warning her of the upcoming flash. She winced as the bright light filled her vision. Oh how she really hated lightning. Yet she sat there, in the rain, at a bus stop.

The occasional walker would pass by, carrying an umbrella. Splish splash, splish splash, their feet would hit the puddles and come back up, the sticky water's tension being broken. Some would look at her funny, others would pass by without a glance. Splish splash, another began to walk by. She listened to the distant foot falls as they drew nearer then- stopped

"Hi" his voice said. She knew it. There was no way she could ever forget that voice, the one that her ears always strained to hear when he spoke in class, the one that she heard over and over again in her dreams. It was the voice of a boy, not yet a man, and the voice of the one person whom she loved. "You know..." He said wonderingly "the bus doesn't come to this stop any more." She nodded realizing the rain was no longer hitting her face. His umbrella was held above booth of their faces now, as the rain pelted against his legs. "Then... What are you doing here?"

That was a good question. What was she doing here? Was she waiting for someone? Maybe but whom she couldn't think of. How long would she wait? She didn't really know that either. She shrugged. "I'm just... Waiting."

He hesitated, looked like be was about to walk away, then sighed in resignation. "Fine, but I'm going to wait here with you." He sat down on the soaking wet bench, cringing as the wetness hit him. The umbrella was held to shield both of them. Desperately his hand reached out, searching for something, grabbing something. Her hand. And as there fingers intertwined she realized this isa what she been waiting for.

© 2013 Angel Without Wings


Author's Note

Angel Without Wings
Of corse later on when the two returned home, they both caught colds.

Most of the time my writing is either to detailed, or lacking in detail. Reviews are nice! I'd love to hear your opinion!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: Love, gentle, rain

Author

Angel Without Wings
Angel Without Wings

Mesa, AZ



About
About me? Hmm... I am me. There's nothing else to it. Okay, maybe there's a lot more to it. I'm 16 years old. Love to read, Love to write. I'm that strange girl who eats food off the floor... more..

Writing