Seasonal Love Affair

Seasonal Love Affair

A Story by A.D. Wilson
"

A very unusual "love affair."

"

   You leave me time and again, but you always return.  I secretly think you miss me.  I know your moods can be dangerous, but you always seem better in the Springtime.  When the tulips and daffodils bravely show their faces through the snow, my heart softens and I start to miss you.  Just when I am longing for your gentle caresses, you come breezing back into town.  You always seem apologetic for your previous bad behavior.  I don't know why I forgive you, but I always do.  Maybe it is because you always seem so playful in the Springtime.  The new life stirring within the earth seems to stir something in you as well.  How many times have I caught you sliding playful fingers under the edge of my shirt or slyly lifting up my skirt?  My hardened heart begins to thaw with the melting snow.

 

    When Summertime rolls around, I usually spend long hours in my garden.  You have never been much help in this area.  I secretly pray that you will stay away from my garden, since every plant you touch seems to wilt.  However, my pleas are constantly ignored since you never seem capable of staying away.  You usually spend your time meandering through the rows of plants, not really knowing what to do and making a general mess of things.  You certainly have your moments, though.  I am hard at work, sweat sliding down my neck from the unrelenting sun, when you quietly glide up behind me.  You surprise me with your warm breath on my neck.  Before I realize it, you have enveloped me.  Your scorching embrace smothers me until I can scarcely draw breath.  I collapse onto the warm soil, gasping for air.  Your intensity overwhelms me. 

 

    There is a nip in the air and the leaves are displaying their glorious colors.  We go for a walk in the park, reveling in the cool, crisp Autumn air.  The scorching days of Summer seem like a distant memory.  I always enjoy these wonderful Autumn days, but you seem uninterested in the kaleidoscope of colors.  You chase me through the park, playfully tossing leaves at me.  At times, you play a bit rough, but I always forgive you.  Sometimes, you will sneak up when my attention is elsewhere and whisper in my ear.  Oh, such shivers!  My quaking intensifies as you run your chilled fingers through my hair and brush past my neck.  Your cool embrace invigorates me.

 

    By Wintertime, you always seem to tire of me and that is when your foul temper bursts forth.  Some days we get along well, and other days are a complete misery.  You always seem to grow increasingly irritable as the Winter progresses, until you eventually turn your anger on me.  Your cold, cruel fingers around my neck as I try to draw air into burning lungs.  You knock me down contemptuously and strike me again and again.  Snatching at my hair, clawing at me, screaming like an enraged beast!  What have I done to deserve such punishment?  It is then that I realize you care nothing for me.  I vow to harden my heart against you. 

 

You are nothing!

 

You are insubstantial! 

 

 You are the wind! 

 

...............................................

 

But then Springtime comes around again...

© 2011 A.D. Wilson


Author's Note

A.D. Wilson
This started out as a poem years ago, then suddenly morphed into this story. There is a twist to the story that some people may not get right away.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this. Your vivid descriptions always pull me in and capture me and they dont let go til the end! Great story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it, it's the best stories about wind I've ever heard... I hope to read more stories from you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 24, 2011
Tags: love, seasons, loss, pain, mental illness?

Author

A.D. Wilson
A.D. Wilson

Dallas, TX



About
I decided to update my profile and switch from Lovely Lyla to my real name (my initials, actually). The picture and name fit well with my fan-fiction writing, but clashed with my horror writing. It .. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by A.D. Wilson