Legend: A happy ending...for Darkness

Legend: A happy ending...for Darkness

A Story by A.D. Wilson
"

What if evil triumphed over good? A fan-fiction based on the movie Legend.

"

    Darkness stared at Lily.  She looked absolutely ravishing in her bridal gown.  The black fabric clung to her body, the revealing neckline plunged down to her navel.  Darkness wanted this human female.  She intrigued him, she excited him,... but she also infuriated him.  She refused to eat the food he offered her, she refused to drink, she wouldn't comply with the simplest of requests.  He had simply asked her to sit and talk with him, yet she refused.  She had also called him a disgusting animal, which didn't help his mood.  Darkness finally lost his temper.  He snarled, baring wickedly sharp teeth.  He bellowed his anger and frustration and cleared the meal from the table with one sweep of his massive arm.  Food and dishes crashed to the floor, glass shattering.  Darkness stomped toward Lily on cloven hooves, wanting to rend her flesh from her bones.  Lily laughed in the face of such anger and Darkness was brought up short, a look of surprise on his face.  The shrill cry of the captured unicorn echoed through the halls.  "I hear a throat begging to be cut." Lily said with an evil smile.  "Are you so anxious to see blood flow?" Darkness asked her.  "As you are to drink it." Lily assured him, then continued, "Grant your bride one wish on this night."  Darkness replied, "You have but to ask.", a perplexed look upon his face.  "I want to kill the unicorn."  Lily said with an evil smirk on her lips.  Darkness was happily surprised.  His future bride must be finally embracing her dark side if she was so eager to kill the sacred unicorn.  He smiled in anticipation.  His deep, resonating laugh echoed through the chamber. 

   Darkness caught a movement out of the corner of his eye and heard Lily gasp.  He whipped around and saw a black-haired human female standing behind Lily with a knife to her throat.  "Who are you?" he bellowed. "My name is Belladonna, and I am your loyal servant." the woman replied.  Her body was blocked from his view by Lily, and the woman kept to the shadows as much as possible.  All Darkness could see was her long, black hair and the pale skin of her cheek.  "If you are my loyal servant, why do you threaten my bride?" Darkness asked.  "Lily has betrayed you, my lord." Belladonna replied.  At his look of surprise, she continued, "Her champion, Jack, and his friends were planning to reflect the sun's rays down into your lair.  They wished to destroy you, my lord."  Darkness moved closer to Lily with a scowl on his face.  Belladonna removed the knife from Lily's throat and stepped back deeper into the shadows.  Lily had looked frightened before, now she was terrified as Darkness grabbed her chin with his hand.  Long, blood-red fingers gripped her face and curved, black talons dug into her delicate skin.  Darkness bent down until his face was only inches from hers, then asked, "Have you betrayed me, my lady?"  Lily held her tongue.  She couldn't betray Jack, her true love.  Bright spots swam in front of her eyes as Darkness squeezed her jaw painfully.  Long moments passed and still she refused to speak.  "Your silence speaks of your treachery." Darkness hissed between clenched teeth.  "I will destroy Jack and his companions myself.  I think I will kill Jack slowly and make you watch, my lady." he sneered at Lily.  Belladonna cleared her throat and said, "Begging your pardon, my lord, but I took it upon myself to kill the intruders.  Their trap was set and ready to spring.  I hope you are not displeased with me for spoiling your kill.  I thought only to protect you." she bowed her head in apology, her long, black hair hiding her features.  "This is how a proper mate should behave.  She protects me, she wishes to please me, and she is a blood-thirsty killer." Darkness taunted Lily.  "Come forward.  I wish to look upon you." he commanded, still gripping Lily tightly. 

    Belladonna stepped into the firelight and Darkness sucked in his breath.  She was covered in blood!  There must have been many enemies to account for this amount of blood.  Darkness observed the human critically.  She was even more beautiful than Lily.  Her black hair shone like a raven's wing and her skin was as pale and smooth as milk.  Her eyes were as black as a moonless night and shone with great cunning.  She was taller and more curvaceous than Lily.  She reminded him of a warrior goddess, and the blood splatters assisted in this image.  Darkness looked down at Lily, still struggling in his grasp.  He suddenly wished to see Belladonna in the black bridal gown.  The image filled his mind and desire flooded through his veins.  He regained control with some effort, then asked in a strained voice, "All my enemies are dead?"  Belladonna nodded her head and answered "Yes, my lord, even the fairy, Oona.  Your only remaining enemy stands before you."  She pointed her bloody dagger toward Lily, then added, "Once the unicorn is dead, the world will be yours." 

    Darkness smiled, then waved his hand toward Belladonna.  Her blood-stained clothes disappeared, replaced by the beautiful black bridal gown that Lily had been wearing moments before.  Darkness devoured her with his eyes.  The black dress clung to her body, barely concealing her full breasts.  His eyes traveled down to her small waist, her rounded hips.  Her milky skin gleamed against the darkness of the fabric.  Darkness finally tore his gaze away from his new bride and looked contemptuously down at the struggling Lily.  He scanned her now naked body and realized she was built like a boy.  No womanly curves at all.  He snorted in disgust and had just decided to snap her neck, when Belladonna spoke up.  "The dress is beautiful, my lord.  You honor me." she said, reverently bowing her head.  She glanced up at him and slyly asked, "Shall we drink this wretch's blood?  Perhaps a toast to our new life together?"  Darkness smiled and reached for a large wine goblet from the table, his other hand still tightly gripping Lily.  Belladonna moved forward, as graceful as a cat, and raised her dagger to Lily's throat.  "Shall I?" she asked.  Darkness shifted his grip to Lily's hair and pulled her head back, exposing her tender throat.  The dagger darted forward, neatly severing the artery in the side of Lily's neck.  Scarlet poured out in a torrent and Darkness caught as much as possible in the large goblet.  Darkness dropped Lily's body to the floor without even a glance.  He raised the goblet, breathed in the scent of warm blood, then tasted.  "Aaahh, wondrous!" he exclaimed, flicking his forked tongue across his lips to catch every last drop.  He held the goblet out to his new bride.  Belladonna stepped forward and reached for the goblet.  Her hands brushed across Darkness' fingers as she held the goblet, cupping his huge hand in both of her own.   She tipped the goblet and delicately drank Lily's warm blood.  She closed her eyes and savored the flavor, then smiled up at her dark lord.

 

    Belladonna and Darkness were wedded in unholy matrimony by one of his dark priests.  They stood before the struggling unicorn while they recited the vows that would entwine their lives forever.  Dusty skulls and bones littered the area near the sacrificial altar and a huge fire burned in a large pit below.  Belladonna accepted Darkness as her husband with a final "I do", then he leaned down to kiss his new bride.  Fire coursed through his veins as their lips met.  Darkness was eager for his wedding night, but first, the unicorn must die.  The sacred beast seemed almost to have heard Darkness' thoughts because she renewed her struggles to free herself.  The unicorn jerked her head against the chain that restrained her and slammed her hooves against it again and again, but to no avail. 

    Darkness drew an enormous sword and approached the unicorn.  The high priests winched the chain tighter so that the unicorn's head was pulled down toward the ground.  "Father, I call upon you to witness this sacrifice." Darkness began, "A sacrifice of the purest blood, from the most sacred of creatures.  With the unicorn's death, light will be extinguished forever and I will reign in the world above."  Darkness then handed the sword to his new bride.  Belladonna was surprised at such a wonderful wedding gift and bowed her head, "You honor me, my lord."  Belladonna raised the sword high and brought it down upon the unicorn's exposed  neck.  It was a clean kill and the beast didn't even have time to cry out.  The blood of the last unicorn pooled upon the dusty ground, soaking into the pure white hide of the creature.  Darkness let out a deep, booming laugh, then reached down and snapped off the alacorn, the unicorn's horn.  "Now I have a matched set." he growled with delight.

 

 

    Darkness and Belladonna retired to Darkness' lair and enjoyed their wedding feast.  A sumptuous meal had been prepared for this special occasion.  The long table groaned under the weight of so many rare dishes.   "How do you like your steak, my queen?" Darkness asked.   Belladonna looked up from her meal and smiled.  "Unicorn meat is quite flavorful.  It is truly excellent." she replied while cutting another bite for herself.  They enjoyed their meal, secure in the knowledge that sunlight would never threaten the life of Darkness ever again. 

    Belladonna delicately dabbed at the corners of her mouth with a finely embroidered black linen napkin.  "I wish to tell you a story, my lord.  My story." Belladonna said, expectancy in her voice.  "I would be delighted." Darkness answered.  Belladonna got up from her chair and walked toward Darkness' throne.  She carefully gathered the long skirts of her bridal gown and climbed onto Darkness' lap, much to his enjoyment.  She settled herself comfortably and Darkness wrapped his huge arms around her with a sigh.  "As you know, my name is Belladonna." she began, "I am named for the poisonous plant that is also called Death Cherries, Devil's Berries, or more commonly, Deadly Nightshade.  My mother is Circe the witch, your loyal servant."  Darkness quirked an eyebrow, he knew that name well.  Circe was the most powerful and evil of all the witches who served him.  She was legendary.  When Blix, his loyal goblin servant, once described himself as "black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch", he was referring to Circe.  In her younger years, she had been fond of seducing men and turning them into animals.  She had acquired quite a barnyard over the years.  Even at her advanced age, she could still work many types of faerie glamour to disguise her now wrinkled skin.  "Mother knew she was nearing the end of her long life and wanted to give you one last gift." Belladonna explained.  "She used her most potent faerie glamour to disguise herself, then she seduced the king, Lily's father." she continued her story, resting her hand against Darkness' broad chest.  "Mother wanted a princess for her Prince of Darkness." a smile quirked at the corners of her mouth as she spoke.  "The daughter of the king...then you truly are a princess." Darkness said with an evil smile.    Belladonna continued her story, "Mother trained me in various forms of magic and I am an acomplished shape-shifter.  That is how I so easily destroyed your enemies.  I simply killed one, took his form, then walked up to another and killed him."  Belladonna looked adoringly up at her new husband and whispered, "You should have seen the look of betrayal on Jack's face as his friend, 'Oona', plunged a dagger into his heart."  Darkness threw back his massive head and laughed in pure malicious delight.  "You truly are a gift.  I must thank your mother properly for giving me such a wondrous bride.  What sort of gift do you think Circe would like?  Perhaps immortality?"  Darkness asked Belladonna.  Belladonna smiled and nodded, "That would please her, my Lord.  If she is immortal, she can continue to spread fear and despair throughout the lands of mortals."  

    Darkness nodded, massive horns dipping down toward his new bride.  She reached up to touch the gleaming ebony length with a curious expresssion upon her delicate features.  Darkness watched in rapt attention as Belladonna caressed his horns, then moved her hands to their bases.  He shivered and closed his eyes as she touched his head, ears, and face with no fear, no revulsion whatsoever.  He felt her shift upon his lap and opened his eyes.  Belladonna had moved her long gown out of her way and now straddled him.  Darkness was so tall, that even kneeling astride his lap, Belladonna's head was not level with his.  A deep moan of ecstasy rumbled through Darkness' chest as she continued to trace delicate, white fingers across his jaw, down his thick neck, to his massive chest.  Darkness leaned down toward Belladonna, careful of his sharp horns, his lips smiling in anticipation.   His bride reached for him, her full lips meeting his own.  She ran her tongue across his needle-sharp teeth and suddenly, he tasted her blood.  Darkness wrapped massive arms around his new bride and pulled her tightly against him, whispering,  "I shall sire a new generation of creatures to populate this dark new world."

© 2011 A.D. Wilson


Author's Note

A.D. Wilson
I'm sure Darkness, the red-skinned lord of evil played by actor Tim Curry, would have wanted a happy ending. This is a truly evil ending to the story, so it is not for the faint of heart. Most of the dialogue from paragraph one is directly from the movie, and is there just to set the stage. Everything after that is my own special touch added to the story, except for the "black as midnight" verse. I was going to be especially cruel and turn the unicorn hide into a throw-rug for the fireplace, but I thought that was a little too much ;-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As much as I hate evil to win, there was a certain sensuous air about it that was quite erotic. Whenever I watch movies like Legend, I always have a thing for the bad guy, probably the allure of power attracts me. This was an imaginative write that I enjoyed ALOT! I also loved that you put a bit of mythology into this story with Circe, who I loved learning about in my high school class of Roman and Greek history. I have to agree with you I thought Lily was not that attractive and was indeed built like a boy. But anyway, I really loved this and I cant wait to see what your devious mind comes up with next!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5850 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 22, 2011

Author

A.D. Wilson
A.D. Wilson

Dallas, TX



About
I decided to update my profile and switch from Lovely Lyla to my real name (my initials, actually). The picture and name fit well with my fan-fiction writing, but clashed with my horror writing. It .. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by A.D. Wilson