I love you.

I love you.

A Story by Angelauthor1204
"

Saying I love you is a commitment, but what happens when you commit too late?

"

It all started with 3 words, 'I love you'. And it all ended with the same 3 words I uttered to my boyfriend. He and I were always together and always known as the cute couple in our class. His name's Jake and mine's Layla, we met at the age of 15...he's a sophmore at high school, whilst I was a FROSH! Yup, I was a cheerleader and though he was no quarterback hottie, he was the captain of the soccer team.

 

I know, we sound like the adorable couple, so perfect at least in the eyes of my friends, other people and my OWN parents, we are. And well...we're not! YEAH, that's how the cookie crumbles. Jake is...undeniably loyal, nice, kind and he treats me well...but he treats his own sister the same way as well as other ladies.

 

I know there's nothing to be jealous of, I mean, he chose me out of the millions of girls who are in love with him, but though I LOVE, yes boys I said it, LOVE him, I'm was not so sure he did. Maybe he liked me but did he love me? We were dating for 3 years and he was in college and I was in my senior year! As a woman (not a girl FYI), I had needs and one of the is him saying he loves moi! So on Valentine's Day....

 

"Happy Valentine's Day." I said sweetly as I kissed him on his cheek.

 

"Happy V-day, Layla." he said smiling at me.

 

He handed me a bouquet of roses which was nice but I didn't need that as much as I needed him telling me he loves me. I gently placed it on the coffee table. I recalled both of us laughing and talking on the couch in my living room and before he left...I got the courage to muster up the 3 words.

 

"Um...Jake?" I said nervously. I didn't look him in the eye because that would've been an abosolute knock out. "I love you."

 

He stared at me and tried to say something. "I...like you too."

 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I said I love you and you say...???" I said hinting himto say I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!

 

He looked around and I got angrier and worried by the second. "What's so hard about saying 'I love you'? You say it to people you care about! You say it to epople who you actually DO LOVE!!"

 

"Maybe I just can't say it yet because...I don't know if I am in love with you."

 

SHOCKED. I was SHOCKED indefinitely at the time. I was about to cry so he left me there standing on the front porch holding back my tears. That night, I cried my heart out, he called but I never picked up.

 

It was 3 weeks and then he never called again. I finally had the decency to go to his house but when I opened the unlocked door, there he was making out with my co-captain. He heard the door creak and saw me. His eyes showed me hurt, regret, shame and he was sorry but just that made me walk back out of the door and I ran, crying back to my house. He called me again and again but did i pick up that time? Yes.

 

"WHAT!?" I said hurt.

 

"I'm sorry, I really am but after that fight she came onto me and ...I was feeling kinda..I thought yoiu hated me." he said in a low voice.

 

"I didn't hate you. But now I do!!! (Sobbing)" I said. He tried to explain but I kept cutting him off.

 

"Layla, if this is all about the whole "I love you' thing, I want to talk to you about it. I love you, really, I do. There I said it but I've told you this before haven't I?" he said.

 

"YOU told me? YOU'VE NEVER TOLD ME THAT!!! Now you're just saying that so you don't have to lose a trophy! That's all I ever was to you, a trophy you can just show to the 'guys'. Another one of your conquests!!!!!" I yelled.

 

"THAT was never it. You are more, I swear it on my life. Meet me at the park and we'll talk. If all you want is for me to say 'I love you' to you and mean it, for...a million times until you believe me, then I will, ok?!" he said sounding very sorry.

 

"One chance and that's it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

i arrived at the park but he wasn't there, my friends texted me and I found out, a car crashed into him on his way here and he was critically injured, I cried and ran to the scene where the ambulance was carrying him and i hopped inside.

 

"JAKE!! JAKE!!! I'm so sorry, I'm so...sorry! Please, you have to live!! JAKE!!!" I cried as I held his bloodied hand.

 

he coughed and reached his pocket, he took out a little box. I took it and opened the box, and to my surprise...it was a ring and an engagement ring no less!! "I was going to give this to you during...cough-cough...Valentrine's Day but...our fight and then...I thought you needed space before I gave it..."

 

"You idiot! If you gave me this then, this would never have happened!!!" I cried.

 

"Before I...cough-cough...I should take the chance now...Layla, I know we've just been dating for 3 years but...this is a good a time as any and I want...cough-cough...to show you I'm serious about us..will you...marry me?" he smiled and I cried. I kissed his forehead.

 

"Yes...yes you big idiot!" His tremblling hands managed to place the ring on my finger and I smiled but his conditions became worse! "JAKE! JAKE!!! Please, you can't die now! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME NOW!!! JAKEEE!!!!!!"

 

"I..l-love..yo..you, Lay..la!" he said.

 

"JAKE!!!!!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

How did it end? Like I said it ended with 'I love you' as it started with it as well. He died in the ambulance after he proposed to me, I still love him now and I will forever more. I am currently working in my hometown and working as a teacher at my school. Everyday I walk past the halls and it reminds me of him...the moment I met him, the first time I walked in these halls with him, I even see hhistory repeat itself but I make sure things end up well for them and not like my ending.

 

I have had relationships but I could not commit, my heart is in the possesion of one man and one man only, Jake. As I step out of the front doors and stare at the sky, I think to myself...'Is he living life well up there? Is he happy?' I look at my finger and at the ring he gave me on his deathbed...and say.."I love you, Jake. I always will...do you?"

 

And though he has passed away, I could almost hear him say "I love you, LAyla. I always did and forever will." Tears came out and rolled on my cheek, the sun was setting and the cold wind blew in my face, I closed my eyes and I could almost see his face smiling at me.

 

I may never get over him and I may never be free from him completely and I may never find love like him ever again. I do not wish to replace him and my memories, one day I will return to him and say once again...

 

"I love you."

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Angelauthor1204


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
This is a story that honestly just makes me think...maybe that was one of those things that just wasn't meant to be after all. Then again, I'm probably the wrong person to write a review since I normally don't read stories of this genre. I will say though, that it was well constructed. You did a great job tying the beginning and end together with those three words!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Iam in complete sympathy with you and I wish you could a someone who could compensate you even if in some way, terrific but there is spelling mistake in the setence, a word people" you say it to epople who you actually do love" is written like that thank you

Posted 13 Years Ago


its very good story, you did it a great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a good story although very sad. I didn't see any grammar errors except for one mistake with ellipsis (it is always 3 dots). The story was good and well-written although it didn't flow perfectly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am sitting here at work reading this. It is a good thing that I am alone at the moment, it brought me to tears. What a way for it all to end! If only he had said the words earlier, maybe it would have ended with your wedding instead of his death. I love the way it was written and how it all tied to gether. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yin and yang... men often take for granted that women know how they feel, so they don't express it in words, while women many times need that expression to confirm what they want to know... this was a nice illustration of that. Good writing, keep it up...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
This is a story that honestly just makes me think...maybe that was one of those things that just wasn't meant to be after all. Then again, I'm probably the wrong person to write a review since I normally don't read stories of this genre. I will say though, that it was well constructed. You did a great job tying the beginning and end together with those three words!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was so sad! But it is sweet too. Really, if Jake say'I love you' earlier, everything will turn in peace......

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww this is soo sad and so sweet. I loved it. Amazing job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww, this is so sad and sweet!! I love it! really nicely written! Great job!(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010

Author

Angelauthor1204
Angelauthor1204

Anywhere you want it to be, !!?



About
I'm 15 years old and I'm in high school. Like everyone in this site-- I also want to be a professional writer! It may or may not happen but I have a dream and I am passionate about writing so I know I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..