My Headless Ghost

My Headless Ghost

A Story by Mariah

when i was just a little girl i had began to see certain things appear in my room. i usually ignored them but one night there was no ignoring this one ghost

 

i was having trouble sleeping this one night. i tried everything, drinking warm milk, taking a hot bath (mind you i'm only 10 years old). i begin to get a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach and i run to my mom and dad's room. i was never so terrified as was that night. i knew i shouldn't wake up my parents but i couldn't help but feel terrified. my dad began to yell at me and told me to stop being a baby and go back to bed. i knew he wasn't being mean, just very tired, but i began to cry none the less. my mom asked me gently to go back to bed and go to sleep. i went back to my room and when i returned it was ice cold. i could see my breath and everything! i looked over at my bed and saw these red eyes staring back at me. when my eyes adjusted to the dark, i saw that the red eyes were attached to a head but the head wasn't on his shoulders! it's mouth began to move and all he said was hi and i screamed. i flicked on the lights as fast as i could, the moment i did he disappeared. i was breathing hard and i slept with the lights on that night. i never slept well that entire year.

© 2008 Mariah


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good start. I think you should place a little more description in it. I liked the plot idea. It is a good start to what could be a longer story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


sounds like your talented to be able to see stuff like that. Is this supposed to be a short story? It reads like a diary entry or something like it. The experience sounds amazing and shocking but if you want it to stand out more it needs poetic words and more details. So we can feel your terror too. Not just hear and read it. Have u ever seen anymore? I have relative that sees ghosts too freaks her out so bad.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow, weird, scary for a kid, but cool as an outsider to look in on.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2008
Last Updated on April 10, 2008

Author

Mariah
Mariah

Rome, NY



About
i love to write and read. i'm a romantic and really like writing about lost romance and found romance. more..

Writing
My Vortex My Vortex

A Poem by Mariah


Turn it Back Turn it Back

A Poem by Mariah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..