Origami:: I want to be a writer

Origami:: I want to be a writer

A Poem by Naomi Montana Walsh
"

I wrote this poem years ago..I still feel the same

"

 

I want to be a writer, I imagine myself turning paper into art like origami but with words.
I would fold them into oceans and roses and suns and moons and they would crash like waves on the shores of your imagination they would melt as a snowflake on your tongue.

This is what I want. No this is all I can do.. No this is who I am.
The landscapes of my thoughts are stretched out on paper I believe the focus is clearer each day I hope that someone will take wings made of ink and fly.

When I was a little Girl I used to fly... I was Wendy and Peter took my hand and away we went into never never land..

I don't remember a time when I did not read.. my mom said I was only 4 when I began.
It was not long before I wanted to write .. I thought everyone wanted to.. I thought everyone did.. but as I grew... I knew it was not so easy to make words embody things.

I want to be a writer I want to fold words like paper into Origami images.

 

© 2009 Naomi Montana Walsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing, Vivid, and Relatable!!
"I want to be a writer, I imagine myself turning paper into art like origami but with words.
I would fold them into oceans and roses and suns and moons and they would crash like waves on the shores of your imagination they would melt as a snowflake on your tongue.", my favorite lines!! Absolutely Brilliant!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


That was so lovely my good friend,you chose to be one of the best of people..you have to be true to your job and dream..
its not easy ,its like a message you have to deliver to others..writer is a big thing,you have to live up to it ,I am sure you can..
With words you could draw oceans and mountains ,high and tall ,big and small..greeny lands,dreamy valleys..
with your imagination you could bring the rains and stormy weathers..or when you liked you would call for the sun
and the rainbows ,telling them its time ,its time to shine..your thoughts would be stretched on paper.
they are words you write but they are sweet worlds and lives and hopes and strange lovely images like strong drawings they
will look to others....Thats the beauty ,the strength of you..to change these small words into some strong images in others minds
imprinted into their minds..and its never easy..its like putting so much life and soul into these words
you will turn them into something like magic..yes I want to be a writer..its a dream,not easy but its great
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an awesome poem, Naomi! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this for many reasons. One, it reminds me of myself. I guess every writer can see themselves in this poem, but that is part of the beauty of reading this poem.

Also, I love your imagery. It is so vibrant, vivid, and magical. I really liked how you compare writing to origami. It is very original, definitely something I wouldn't have thought up! I think this is one of my favourite stanzas:

I imagine myself turning paper into art like origami but with words.
I would fold them into oceans and roses and suns and moons and they would crash like waves on the shores of your imagination they would melt as a snowflake on your tongue.

Then the way you go from Nature to Peter Pan is seamless. It brings out the magical, almost childlike, imagination of a writer. Reading that reminded me of when I was a kid and I'd have all these characters and stories conjured up and I felt like I was in a different world--like Never Never land.

Good job!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


excelent job! one thing tho. i hate doing this to people because i'm such a horrible speller myself, but you had one spelling error when you said wendy and peter in the third stanza of the poem. you spelled windy. i'm sorry! i hate to write these reviews but i know that was spelled wrong. i rarely give these cuz i have no clue myself. but great write! continue to dream big!
love,
reca-becca!
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

Posted 14 Years Ago


This very much reminds me of myself. As a child I become the hunted princess and several mythical guardians surrounded me as I paraded through my back yard. The animals were on my side of course and whisper secrets of good hiding spots, or where the demons were lurking. The best thing about being a writer is that you can go anywhere, be anything and experience life through the eyes of another. If I want to time travel to Atlantis or perhaps to an undiscovered dimension or into outer space, I can! It's awesome!

I like how you said, "This is what I want. No this is all I can do.. No this is who I am." This is exactly how I thought of it. I can't imagine myself doing anything else because this is all I do...this IS who I am. Without it, I would curl up into a dark corner and rot away. Without it I am not free.

Thank you for sharing this piece with us. Very inspiring. And great comparison with Origami!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an amazing poem. A couple little errors here and there, but you did an awesome job. I swear, work hard and eventually you'll have a great piece of writing on your hands! Heck, this one is already awesome.

Keep on writing!

-Steely

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2009
Last Updated on August 1, 2009

Author

Naomi Montana Walsh
Naomi Montana Walsh

Los Angeles , CA



About
I am a writer and Artist .. well actually those are the same thing to me..I like to tell stories with art and I like to make pictures with words ..I live a happy life now but have walked through the v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You and I You and I

A Poem by Vertigo