I only tried to save you.

I only tried to save you.

A Poem by Naomi Montana Walsh
"

I think sometimes you think someone is waiting for you to say you are sorry and sometimes you truly believe in what you feel.. that is what it is about

"
 

I guess, I only tried to save you,

assuming there is saving without grace,

You took everything , I believed in and threw it in my face,

Thinking me ignorant for being a child, I was innocence running free and wild.


I guess you think , I meant to hurt you,

I didn't show my proper respects

but you took me out of context and now your sorely vexed.

I guess it was confusing to you, to me it made perfect sense, the art is not in losing, nor in recompense.

I only tried to save you, from what I'll never know.

I guess saving me was all I could do, and that meant letting go.


I never meant to hurt you but, I meant every word I said and if kindness is unforgivable it's better off being dead.


I say , I never meant to hurt you and I'd do it all again, if friendship is unforgivable , then count that as my sin.

 

 

Naomi Montana Walsh

© 2010 Naomi Montana Walsh


Author's Note

Naomi Montana Walsh
I think in my mind this was a song

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I say , I never meant to hurt you and I'd do it all again, if friendship is unforgivable..then is my only sin.

oh what an ending... sometimes saving someone means we have to let them do it on their own as hard as it may seem and even walking away... even when helping there is only so much you can do... very powerful words... it most certainly would make for a great power ballad.

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW! This is powerful and written so well

Posted 13 Years Ago


I could see it being a song. Just flesh it out a bit more for chorus and such but, yeah, I could see it.


This: I never meant to hurt you but, I meant every word I said and if kindness is unforgivable it's better off being dead.

Is my favorite line. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was beautiful and it flowed really well. i think it's true how a simple misnderstanding can ruin things. when other misinterpret something you say as hurtful, it sucks. really nice job. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2010
Last Updated on June 13, 2010

Author

Naomi Montana Walsh
Naomi Montana Walsh

Los Angeles , CA



About
I am a writer and Artist .. well actually those are the same thing to me..I like to tell stories with art and I like to make pictures with words ..I live a happy life now but have walked through the v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Space Space

A Poem by ShaneBerry