SEE...

SEE...

A Poem by Jola
"

" ...a joint writing project-- concept and original poem by Jola S...; English interpretation by Mark Teague"

"

 

SEE.../Zobacz/
 
 
Look!
Soon it will be night,
And before the Dawn, I may see
Another such as me, another frail flower
Playing a sad, soft song in my piano...
 
Can you hear my notes, fragile as butterflies,
Flying out the window, through the storm?
I note that other flowers such as I have died already!

 
 
 
 
See how the player of the guitar
 
Has plunged his face into Darkness,
For he sees me, and he knows...
Knows that my time is short!
 
Can you not see that the meadows
Are painted with Fall's fallen flowers,
Held hostage by their own Nature,
Blinded by the coming winter's hues?

 
 
 
 
Now, sisters, I beg you:
 
Shed your heavy coats,
And shun those who would shield you from Life!
Grow anew your wings, and fly...fly...
Fly out to what awaits you!
 
jola  and mark teague
  October, 2009

© 2009 Jola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the first two verses - very delicate! The next two stanzas introduce a darker element. The meaning of the last verse is somewhat lost on me - the 'heavy coats' for instance. I can't see the point of the huge gaps between sections, either. They tend to indicate that we're dealing with three separate poems here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Perhaps this is a question of the "Slavic" soul... but i know very well what you are writing about. it is very uniform for me and expresses certain nostalgia that we absorb with the howling of the gray November rains and the subdued music of Chopin. Keep writing Jola!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The poem is beautiful and sad. You left us with a good ending. Flow and story was very good. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have never seen someone as like you in regards for lack of talent. F-

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this. Delicate, then a little harsh, then hopeful. I like it when music changes drastically withing the same piece, enjoy it in writing too. The way it reads is different. It flows, but it doesn't just kind of melt from one line to another. A good piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought this poem very beautiful and delicate. I could almost hear the music and see the butterfly notes flying out the window on delicate wings. A darkness in the poem as well as hope at the end for freedom in life from death and constraints.

Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very beautiful write, Jola! The imagery is excellent and I love the style.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh Jola this was pure delight!!! Yes i hear the notes softly playing. I loved All, yet the ending haunted me, for its words.. They took over me and i found myself going over this piece over and over.

Now, sisters, I beg you:
Shed your heavy coats,
And shun those who would shield you from Life!
Grow anew your wings, and fly...fly...
Fly out to what awaits you!


Oh this was divine!!! To all sisters everywhere.. So divine!

Fab list this goes.

Mags xx


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful poem. The messages are so heartfelt and uplifting. Nicely done!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Soft amd sobering. The wistful tone of this piece shows a desire to shed that which weights you down (heavy coats) and fly. I both the concept and the interpretation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Yes, Jola, I can hear the notes playing. I can hear them indeed. You are absolutely right- those who would shield us from pain would also strip away an essential part of life. Let us instead transcend the pain, like you do in this lovely write, and take back the night while we await the dawn.

This was very nicely done. I liked the way you used the progression of words to send your message to your "sisters".

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1686 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2009
Last Updated on October 26, 2009

Author

Jola
Jola

Poland



About
obj=new Object;obj.clockfile="0037-blue.swf";obj.TimeZone="Poland_Krakow";obj.width=150;obj.height=220;obj.wmode="transparent";showClock(obj); more..

Writing
Wind brought... Wind brought...

A Poem by Jola


I do not.... I do not....

A Poem by Jola



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan