Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by ReallynL
"

Chapter Two of A Rosebud in Resin

"
      "Tasha!... RUN!"
      Those were the last words I've heard from mother before Mr. Aron seized her neck with his vice-grip like hands and slowly took the life out of her. 
      "MOM!", I shouted as I pounded my fists at our once docile neighbor's left arm. Mother's pale face was turning red as she gasped for breath. Mr. Aron didn't even notice my flimsy attacks.
      "Let go of her you Monster!"
      Mr. Aron's dark face was twisted with a sly grin. His brown eyes looked oddly black in the dim light of the kitchen and his menacing gaze gave me the chills.
      "Let go of Mom! Let go of her!"
      I tried to pull Mr. Aron's arms off my mother's neck but it didn't helped the situation. He gave off a chuckle and ignored my effort once again, or so I thought.
      Mr. Aron cocked his head at my direction and suddenly kicked me in the stomach with his left foot. I was violently flung like a football and smashed my back at a drawer which displayed fine China a couple of meters away. Shards of glass and porcelain rained over me before the drawer gave way and fell with a loud groan.
      My line of vision was getting dimmer by the second. I could barely move any part of my body, save the eyes. My skin and clothes felt damp and sticky from the warm blood that was pooling out from me. I felt that the end was near and I was going to die soon. I muttered my last words with my right cheek resting on the ice-cold floor.
      "I love you Mom. Sorry I couldn't -"
      And then everything went black. I couldn't see any light nor hear even the faintest sound. The pain that once burned like fire throughout my body was also gone. I touched my chest and tried to feel the rhythm of my heartbeat but there was none.Panic raced though my my mind as I floated in an endless chasm of darkness.
      Where am I? Am I already dead? What's going to happen to me? Is this the end? Countless questions filled my thoughts. I never felt more confused in my entire life until now. I wanted my mother to comfort me right now. Mom! I've almost forgotten about her. Had she also died? I wish I could have protected her.
      "Well, you tried your best..."
      An ominous voice vibrated around me. I clenched my fists on impulse.
      "Who... Who are you?" I mustered all the courage left in me and asked the empty darkness that smothered me. I heard a snicker and then a clapping of hands.
      "So ya' finally heard my voice. Good, good." The clapping stopped.
      "You have no idea how long I've waited for this day to come. For you to finally notice me." The voice continued. "To put things simply, you should know me more than anyone else in the whole world."
      Is this voice kidding me? I have no memory of ever meeting a person whose voice resemble his.
      "Stop screwing around. Who are you?" I asked for the second time. The darkness didn't bothered me as much anymore and I was getting used to the sensation. My fears were slowly dissipating.
      "My, my. I didn't know you were that shallow." There was a sigh followed by a short pause. "Tell me, have you ever heard your own voice recorded in a video tape?"
      "What do you mean?"
 


© 2011 ReallynL


Author's Note

ReallynL
Keep the reviews decent and unbiased. Inform me of possible grammar problems and misspellings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2011
Tags: Demon, Tragedy, Possessed, Flames, Death, Nephilim, Love, Filial Piety, Split-personality, Split-identity


Author

ReallynL
ReallynL

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
Hi, Im Reallyn. And just like almost everyone here, I love to write stories. I'm a pre-med Biology student in the oldest university in Asia. I also like drawing and imagining the characters in the sto.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by ReallynL


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by ReallynL