My first RP post attempt

My first RP post attempt

A Story by Angelwolf

new ethus-->civilian district.

 

The view of the ski out side of Demona’s small, one window room, was dark and cloudy. Demona fought against the sound of voices outside of her door. It seemed too early in the morning for people to be standing around idly talking about the weather.
 

 

"Yes, it was a horrible storm. The store house in the back will fall down at any moment not we must hurry and get all the food out now."
 

 

Demona recognized that voice as the leader of the church in which she lived. She looked out the window and tried to locate the sun, and found that it was actually rather high in the ski.


"Oh no!" She said aloud, but it came out in a quiet, husky tone barely audible to even her own ears. Demona hurried out of bed and began dressing. As she pulled on and laced up her long sleeve floor length cotton dress that was actually rather light weight, she began to think about how difficult working was going to be today after having had such a hard time sleeping the night before. "How rude the gods must be." She thought to her self. "Creating such a storm at so late an hour."
 

 

Although Demona loved the children she feared them for the people they would one day become. Her master told her once when she was young, "People are fickle and cruel, D, and you must never trust them." he told her. "People will betray you, use you, and hate you simply because you were born a different race then they were. " He explained. Despite her beloved masters warnings she still worked and lived with Ethians. Just incase people should be as horrible as her master warned, Demona did what she could to hide what and who she was.

 

Always keeping a low profile, wearing a wig to hide he light hair, keeping her wings hidden. She was prepared though; her dress had buttons at the top of her shoulders, so that part of the back could drop away for and easy escape no matter the situation. She was no fool; she was raised with her master. They were tutored at home, and so Demona got to sit in on her masters classes and learn what he learned. Her schooling is what enabled her to work at this humble church. She tutored the children from the village down the hill. Teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic to beings of all ages was very rewarding to her; she often worried what she would do if ever she couldn’t teach.
A knock on the door had Demona looking up from lacing her boots. "Yes! Who is it?"
 

 

"It is I," replied the familiar voice of the head of the church, the kindly old man that allowed her room and board in the back of the church. "May I enter?" he asked.
 

 

"Oh yes, of course." Demona answered rushing to open the door. "Please come in." She held the door open for the man and closed it behind him, before inviting him to sit by her small fire place, and then sitting on the corner of her bed to finish lacing her boot quickly. "May I inquire as to what brings you to visit me this morning?"
 

 

"Oh yes, I came to ask a favor of you, my friend. You see during that terrible storm last night the only road up to our tiny church was covered by and avalanche and it will take some time to rebuild. I believe that with so few resources it may take two days or more. You see, dear, it seems that a tree has fallen on the store house out back and we need some one to repair it as well as a few supplies that were lost, so I was hoping that you could use your unique talents to get into town and request help and get the needed supplies." The old man stared at Demona waiting patiently for her reply. She ran over the safest route in her mind, the quickest way to fly down without being seen.
 

 

"Of course I will go, but if you don’t mind I think it would be best if I waited until closer night fall so as to reduce my chances of being spotted by someone." She replied.
 

 

"Excellent that would be fine but the market closes dusk. You will have to stay over night in the village. I will get you a list of supplies and a bit of money to stay at the inn."
 

 

"Very well, I will leave after sun down. For now I am sure that there are chores to be done." Demona said standing and opening the door for the priest.
 

 

"I simply adore how helpful and polite you are D." He said smiling as he passed over the thresh hold. "I will see you at sun down." He nodded his head before heading off down the hall to his office. Demona bowed slightly and returned to her room to tidy up before heading out to find another way to be of some use to the others that lived and worked in the church.
 

As the sun grew closer to dropping behind the horizon Demona folded her dress and placed it neatly in the bottom of her bag. Once the things needed of an over night stay in the village were neatly tucked into the sack she checked that her pants were laced tight and that her top wasn’t to revealing. It was a gift from some of the others here; it used to belong to another of her kind that had passed through the village. She felt that she was too exposed the back didn’t need to go down as far as it did, she had thought many times to alter it but couldn’t. It was the only thing she had that was of her race. She looked at her wig and decided to take it off so as not to lose it. As she pulled of the brunette colored wig her long blond almost white hair fell lose around her face. It seemed unsightly to let her hair just fall lose but the only things she had for hair were being used to hold the neat bun she always had on her wig.

 

Then she remembered the ribbon she found the other day. It was plain white, but that was fine all her clothes were white. She took her hair and braded it quickly and tied the ribbon on the end and tossed it over her shoulder and felt it hit her squarely on the behind. Perhaps she should cut it she thought as she lifted her bag and looked around to double check that she had everything. Then she suddenly remembered the dagger under her bed and thought that now was the time to have such a thing in her possession at all times. She quickly grabbed it and put everything back and headed out the door.
 

The clouds had mostly cleared there was just enough for her to hide in it need be. Demona walked into the parishioner’s office and said good bye before heading out he back. There was a cliff not too far of from the church buildings, about five minutes past the last building. Once she arrived unseen she took on last look around for people before she began to spread and stretch her grey wings. The muscules ached in a pleasant way when she stretched them. It had been a while since she dared to fly, but bringing her wings out of hiding left horrible scars and it was rather painful. It was easier to just hide them all the time, despite the cramping in the muscles. She positioned her bag on her chest and tightened the straps before jumping off the edge and nose diving to ward the ground below.

 

The air smelled wonderful right now just after the rain. She opened her eyes and decided she had fallen far enough, so she threw open her wings and almost came to a dead stop in the air before starting to climb higher. She flew up; up higher than the little hill, higher than the top of the church and then when she felt the air thin and grow colder she began to look around to get her bearings. She looked at the village and saw that there were few lights, just those of a few homes and the inn. She flew over the village and spotted a ticket of trees not ten minuets from the inn. She flew over and began circling over them before deciding to dive down fast to lessen the chance of being seen. She halted the dive just above the clear spot behind the trees and landed gracefully in the tall grass.

 

She crouched down and looked all around for people. Once she discovered it was safe she set her bag down and unstrapped the dagger from her leg, and began to undress. Once she had her pants off she restrapped the small dagger to her thigh and unlaced her shirt, pulled it over her head, placed it in the bag and pulled out her dress. With her dress, wig, and wings in place she put everything in her bag and placed it on her shoulder before leaving the safety of the trees. After see reached the inn she got a room and settled in for the night.


In the morning Demona paid for her room and went to the market place to find food and to get the supplies on her list.

 

To Be Continued. . .

© 2008 Angelwolf


Author's Note

Angelwolf
This is a post for a site i am trying to role play on. I think it could help me improve on writing. This is just the begining of Demona's storie. I am going to have to shorten it before i post but i like it like this so i wanted to put it here. After this Demona meets a hansome stranger i think so stay tuned b/c i don't even know what happens next. lol XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

its good you went into detail but not toooo much .. it keeps the readers attention to have lill things shown to them .. you did that well without going over board ... its a good rp start ... i wishyou luck

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 7, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

Angelwolf
Angelwolf

Des Moines, IA



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angelwolf


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angelwolf