Alex

Alex

A Story by Anjan

Clary Beth is a beautiful young girl that any 14 year old falls for.She is smart, god looking , intelligent and kind.She would help anyone.If someone has any doubts regarding any subject , they would surely go to her.There is a rumor in the class.There is nothing Clary Beth could not do.Often the rumor is proved true.Her curly , chocolate brown hair added much to her beauty.When wind pulls her curly hair back , people can stare at her for hours.With the strands of hair falling on her hair, people whisper , she looks like a Greek goddess.Not that any of the students knew what it exactly meant, probably it was something someone read some where.
Being her friend was what most of the class wanted.Not that she is unfriendly , the problem is she is frnds with everyone.Everyone loved being with her.The whole class liked her very much.Not just that class, even pple younger and elder.She had a huge circle of friends.She is friendly with each and every one.In that many number of friends, it is really hard to be distinct.Most people suffered this with her.Many boys wanted to ask her out but no one really had guts ever to ask her out.They always feared that she would reject because she would be too much for them.They often felt like no one with her.But that has nothing to do with her attitude towards her.She always respected everyone.she was never arrogant.Thats what makes her look higher.
Many people had crush on her.Almost all had crush on her at some or other time.Most of them gave up because they honestly never thought they could date Clary Beth.Alex is Clary Beth's best friend.Clary beth would share every single thing with Alex.She saw something in Alex that rest didnt.He has compassion for people and their misery.For some reason Clary Beth didnt know , he never asked anyone out.He always had been single.She never saw him speak to a single boy or girl closely.But he would spend endless amounts of time with her.She always wondered why.
Alex was very handsome boy with dark hair.His brown eyes were kind and sharp.He works very hard and has excellent grades.But he was not friendly.Not tht he is mean , he always helps others but he just cannot connect to anyone other than Clary Beth.Clary beth made him happy.Clary Beth understood him .Clary Beth was there with him always. Clary Beth would share everything.Clary Beth listens everything. Clary Beth is his best friend.Or may be more.Yes.She is more than that.He loves Clary Beth.He doesn't know when it started but he is totally in love with her.He knows he is too young to decide but he wants his complete life with Clary Beth.But she was his best friend since childhood.If she rejects their friendship ,which many consider ever lasting, will be gone.Burnt to ashes.So he decided its best not to hide his true feelings towards her for now.He was trapped.He know he cannot help it.
That day finally came.The whole school has been eagerly waiting for this.A PROM.A prom has been announced in the school.This is what everyone is waiting for.The theme of the prom is yet to be announced.Every single boy and girl has been waiting for this.After the announcement immediately Maths class resumed.No one really listened to the maths class because everyone was busy with many doubts.Who are they going to ask ?Will they be asked by some one? and many more.Just like everyone else Alex's mind was filled with lot of questions.Can he ask Clary Beth?What if some one else asks her before he does?he had to ask quick but not showing that he is desperate.Can he do that?Will Clary accept him for who he is?

The Maths Class was followed by the gym which Alex stayed out pretending not feeling well.Throuhg out that time Alex's mind was filled with questions that he could not answer.Once again he fell into the abyss of his thoughts.Clary Beth has been my childhood friend.He was her best friend always.She would do anythingfor him.shouls he be ashamed of himself for having these thoughts?Clary Beth just saw him as just a best friend.Will she accept him?Will she atleast forgive him?Atleast if she rejects him , can they continue their friendship like before?He is smart , goood looking and kind to everyone.But just one draw back.Can she accept that? He had spent months wodering over that.But now he has to act quick.He has to let her know his true feelings.May be if she knows,she may accept him for who he is.He knows her.She will definitely understand him.But can she date him?May be she can.he was her best friend.Out of her many many and many friends , he was her best friend.This definitely means something.He was special to her.When he is with her , his insecurities dissappear.He feels safe with her.He finally knew he should ask her.Prom would be a perfect time.But how?Should he ask her with a grand setting and all?Or should he make simple?He should need some help.But he couldnt ask anyone.He didnt want to ask anyone.He would invite her home and then tell her calmly.May be would understand.No , he would write a letter.In that way it would not be awkward.Sh would write a very good letter expressing his true feelings.he knew what he had to do.

After the school he met her in the locker room.She was speaking with another girl he did not know.He waited for her at his locker,After she has done talking with her, he called her.
"Hey , Alex , Were u waiting for me?"Clary Beth asked.
"Yes of course,"
"Sorry for the delay.Loralie was just enquiring why I was not coming to the prom"she said.
"What u are not coming to the prom?"he asked shocked.
"Hm..Lets talk on our way home."she pleaded.
They both made their bags and stated to home.
"Actually I didnt tell her truth"Clary Beth declared.
"What y didnt u ?"he asked.
"Hmm...Its.."she began to think.
"Wait Why are u not coming to prom?"he asked not able to control his anxiety.
"Hmm.."
"Clary , Tell me"he pleaded.
"I cant dance."she said her face turned pink.
"What?"he tried to hide his smile.
"yeah, I know.Thts funny.Thats why I didnt tel her the truth"
"U really cant dance Clary?"
I know tht sounds ridiculous.there is nothing Clary beth cannot do.I know that"
"Hey u too heard tht?"
"Yes I did.It wd sound ridiculous if I cant dance right?"
"No...I mean yeah.But I can teach u "he said without knowing what he had just said.
"Really?Will u ?"she sounded happy
"Of course yes.I can do tht"
"Thank You Alex.I am so lucky to be ur best friend.Luv You"she gave him a long hug.
They talked for a few minutes and she reached her home.She invited him over but he had work to do.So he didn't go in.On his way , the thought of teaching her fascinated him.I am teaching Clary Beth.The thought itself was too good to be true.He is gonna dance with her a number of times.A chance anyone would kill for.And also she hugged him.And it was a long hug.She said she was lucky.Please Dont let this to be a dream.But there is a problem, the problem.The problem even Clary Beth could not overlook.But thts not any of his fault.he couldn't help it.Its not something he chose.It was the fate.Can she overlook it?he knows thts  a very big issue but its not his fault.Clary Beth is not judgmental.Can she overlook it?There is only one way to find out.Ask her.His inner voices were strong.He is going to ask her.All he has to do is wait for her to come to his home.
He reached his home hoping today would be different.But as he knew no day was any different.He entered his home to see his Mother with a new boyfriend.He hoped to see her mother in a stable relationship just for once.He often wondered if he is a result of a one night stand.he closed his door and started to fresh up.His mother entered the room and asked "Hows ur day?"
"Did he pay u ?"he asked without a second thought.
"Thts none of your business Alex"her face turned red.
"So he paid u"he said walking away.
"yes he paid me.U know how much?Thts exactly the amount i need to add to my saving to pay ypur school fees.That much"she yelled.
He went to the garage and cried.He had cried endless amounts of time hoping that her mother would change.Now he cry endless amounts of time hoping that he would stop caring for her mother.But he knew neither of the things really happen.His phone rang.He wiped his tears and tried to become normal.
"Hello Clary"
"Hi , Alex.U said we will start our dance classes from today right.Shall I strt from home?"
"yeah, yeah .meet me in the garage"He said
"Alex , have u been crying?"she asked
"No , no y would u ask that?"he tried to laugh.
"Alex u r a bad liar.Even if u r not , I know u .U cant lie to me Alex.Its ur mother again Isnt it?"
"Yes"
"She got a new boyfriend?"
"Yes"
"Dont hate her Alex.Its not her choice.She is doing tht for u"
"She is not regretting it , Clary.She enjoys it."
"U misunderstood Alex.Let me come over.We wil speak."
"Kay"He hung up.
Did Clary Beth understood him?Or is she just comforting him?But her tone was genuine.Will Clary Beth understand his problem.No one else can.But can she?
By the time she entered the garage,Alex was crying.he could not control it.She held his face in her hands and laid it on her shoulder.He hugged her and cried harder.
"Alex , I know u are ashamed of your mother.But one thing is for sure.She luves you."
"No she doesn't. She doesnt know what luv means"
"But you do right.U need to accept her for who she is.If she cant be ina  stable relationship, its totally her problem.U should love her unconditionally.U know u r not like her right.U would never do that."
"Yes , I would never do that Clary"he said.her grip became strong.
"Come on , Alex.Lets get out of this topic .Are really going to teach me or should we stay hugging the whole day"she laughed.
"Oh sure.Lets start"He released her and continued"Follow my lead."
He had put his hand on her waist that sent a shiver down his spine.But he tried to be firm.He held her waist.He followed his lead.He taught her a few basic moves.They played her favorite romantic song and danced together.Alex totally forgot his misery and enjoyed the dance with her.For him , that was a moment of a life time.He is dancing with Clary Beth.He totally forgot the world and danced for hours and hours.The whole night he thought about nothing but Clary Beth.He spent time thinking about the advice she gave about accepting other.Does that mean she is gonna accept him?He realized it was time to tell her.He wasted years.He had plans with her that Saturday.So he decided he would tell her then. Until then all he did is wait.
That Saturday they both went shopping for costumes.He is gonna get a costume with the money he saved the whole year.One thing with Clary is that she takes too much time to select a dress.She had first tried a white one , then a pink one , then black one (though it looks awful for a prom) and finally she came up with a pink one.In that pink dress she looked like an angel.While they were done shopping, they headed to their houses.On the way just before Alex decided to ask her, Clary asked"Alex , Do u know Ricky well?"His heart skipped a beat.
"Yeah , I do.He is a player.Why?"
"Player?"
"Yeah.He has been into lots of girls before and ended the relationship very quickly. Thats what anyone would say about him.Why did u ask abt  him?"
"Oh , Nothing yesterday while I was talking to Loralie , I saw him waiting for me.But Loralie's doubt took much time,So he left.I think he will ask me for thew prom this monday."she said kicking the stone very hard which she has been kicking right from the store.His heart skipped a beat again.He realized he had to act fast.But will Clary accept him?He has to ask now.
"Clary, Can I ask u something?"he forced himself.
"What?"she asked.
"I need some help with Algebra."he lied.
"Okay After the prom?"
"Okay.After the prom"He said partially ashamed of himself.
Immediately after reaching home he went to the garage and struggled to think how to propose her.He knew He was trapped.But Clary wil understand.She has to understand.Without her he cannot imagine his life.He decided he is going to tell her. Tomorrow he is going to call her and tell her.The whole night he spent in rehearsing how he is gonna tell her.
The next morning he spent waiting for the afternoon, the after noon waiting for the evening,the evening waiting for Clary Beth.He cleaned the garage and decorated it. Clary Beth called him telling she would be right there in half an hour.His mind was filled with doubts. Will she accept him?Can she accept him?Can Clary understand him?If she cant no one can.He is trapped.But Clary told him a lot about understanding.So she should.Clary was at his door.He hid his rose bouquet behind his back.He went to open the door.As he opened the door,he saw Clary.
"Come in"he said.She looked very happy.
"Hey I have something to tell u."she was very much happy.Alex was tensed but tried not to show it.
"Ricky asked me"she said.His heart sank.
"What?When?"
"Morning he came to my home and he asked me. Isn't that amazing?"
"Cant u do anyone better?"he asked.
"He is the only one asked me Alex."she said.
Yes, Many would think Clary Beth is too much for them.He didnt reply.
"U know what.He is not a player.He broke up with many because he wants to find the right one.He is cute and smart.He is so nice."Alex hated the spark that never left Clary's eyes while speaking about Ricky.
"U know what , we went shopping.He brought me this."she showed her watch."isnt this amazing?"She looked at the watch one more time and continued "We went to lunch and the place was awesome.He took me to the carnival.We played many games.I ve enjoyed a lot.Guess What this all happened in just a day.This is awesome right?"Some one knocked the door."Its him.I invited him.U dont mind right?"
She ran to the door without even waiting for his reply.
As she opened the door she hugged him and gave a long kiss.Alex knew it was over.Its totally over.
"Hey Alex"
"Hey Ricky"he said trying to smile.
"Alex I am so sorry.But I planned something for her now.Can she come with me?I know u had plans plans but u hang out all the time right?Please"he pleaded.
"Thats totally okay.U guys carry on"
"Really?I thought we are going to hang out.the three of us."Clary said
"Anyways I have work to do "he lied.
"Fine.i ll meet you tomorrow. Bye Alex"she hugged him.
"Bye Alex"
He closed the door immediately.He threw himself on the couch and cried for half an hour.He knew he cannot do anything now.It is over he thought.He spent 15 minutes under the shower and finally got out of it.He was trapped he thought.He came out of the shower.He stood before the mirror and dropped the towel looking at himself..He is pretty.He is smart.He is kind.All he wanted is Clary Beth whom he can never have.He was trapped.He was trapped in a girls body.He cannot help it.Thats what who he is.This is how rest of his life is going to be.



© 2015 Anjan


Author's Note

Anjan
Reviews would be greatly apppreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi. You have the basis for a good story there and I like the part at the end where you reveal that Alex is actually a girl but feels more like a boy. i also like you showing that even the most 'popular' amd 'cool' kids have their own insecurities and worries. I would also cut down the description and add in more actions that show the things that you are trying to describe. i hope this makes sense.

At soem point would you be able to have a look at my writing? Thanks

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anjan

8 Years Ago

I actually know what you mean.But I described evry little thing in detail only to capture the feelin.. read more



Reviews

Hi! I read your story and I enjoyed it very much. I felt bad for Alex, really bad actually... Your way of writing is pretty good and it made me enter into the story so deeply...
I felt like I was Alex and all the feelings that she was feeling, I was actually feeling them too.
Your plot twist is awesome, you should continue to write this story. It reflects very well the insecurities and worries of teenagers.
Keep working on it!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Anjan

8 Years Ago

Thank You.But I never actually knew a transgender.So I could not write anymore.But I will try becaus.. read more
Nice one. It's a good point that you have few characters to focus on since it's a short story(?) and also being a short story, another good point is the flow of the story is quick in such a way that it is still realistic, although there were parts of the story that needed a little more focus. The introduction of the characters was very detailed which gives the reader a better understanding of what's going on, though some details are better revealed as the story unfolds so that the beginning of the story would appear more like an exposition with a brief and short introduction of characters rather than an overview of characters before the exposition. the plot twist was unexpected, it was a good one but I think it would be better if it would be revealed earlier in the story (maybe at the middle of the story) since it seems to be the highlight and having it at the end of the story, delays the reader's understanding of the story.. but overall it's a good one. I'm no expert, I'm just very much exposed to reading and writing so I have ideas regarding good and bad points in writing. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anjan

8 Years Ago

This is helpful.i considered that aspect.I thought many people would stop reading at the middle.But .. read more
Good start to a story. I know you mentioned this is not a chapter but a book. As you left it, you could definitely add another chapter to this. Especially with the curious statement of, "He was trapped in a girl's body."



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

8 Years Ago

Well I have to read about ARIEL then. :) BTW, let me know if you want some help with your Avatar. Th.. read more
Anjan

8 Years Ago

Thats so kind of u but u sure do not have to do that.But really thanks
dw817

8 Years Ago

It's not that difficult. Go to the top of any page. Move the mouse pointer over the word, "HOME."read more
Hi. You have the basis for a good story there and I like the part at the end where you reveal that Alex is actually a girl but feels more like a boy. i also like you showing that even the most 'popular' amd 'cool' kids have their own insecurities and worries. I would also cut down the description and add in more actions that show the things that you are trying to describe. i hope this makes sense.

At soem point would you be able to have a look at my writing? Thanks

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anjan

8 Years Ago

I actually know what you mean.But I described evry little thing in detail only to capture the feelin.. read more
Hey the story is nice :)
But i think it is stretched too much due to which it gets monotonous.
you can probably cut short the description of the girl and the boy and also add natural imagery to make it more interesting :)
Keep writing. You'll definitely make it good :)
Even i"m working on short stories ;) :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


Anjan

8 Years Ago

Thank You for the review.Even I thought I stretched it.But for the first time I ve tried something I.. read more
Ankita

8 Years Ago

Yes first works always screw up...i screwed mines too :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015

Author

Anjan
Anjan

Writing
The begining The begining

A Chapter by Anjan


Nexus Nexus

A Book by Anjan