THE GHOST TOWN

THE GHOST TOWN

A Story by Ankit

we were trevelling to the city to deliver oil from our village .MY daughter and son were tired but were pretending as they could go more. It was a long journey and we have been travellling since morning and we all were tired now, the sun was going to set and so we decided to take some rest as soonas we reach any town in our way. We came to a town which had something different in it. The trees were dark and for a moment they freaked all of us. My wife sofie tried to told me not to stop here but to go and find some other place to rest. I knew she was scared , even I was but I convinced her that we will  go in the town and look for a place to rest. As we entered the town we all felt a cold wind striking to our body and we felt as it was telling us not to enter the town. It was getting darker and so we decided to move on and searched for a place where we can stay and can get our strength back.
The most amazing thing was that the town had no light even in the darknes of the night and not a single man could be seen in the town. The sun was going to set but some of the light from the sun enabled us to see our way in search of a place to rest.
We came to a building, it had broken windows and the door was broken too. So we decided to search for some other building and we came to another building that was in better condition than the others so we decided to move in. As I opened the gate, it made a loud noise that shivered us and scared my children and my wife. We entered the building. It was all dark, we lit up one candle we had and decided to take some rest. But before that we decided to eat some food that we had with us and when we decided to take some sleep, we heard a voice of a lady singing near us  , it scared all of us and all of a sudden the voice went away. I decided to go in the direction in which the voice was going but my wife stopped me but I convenced her. But she got more scared by the thought that when we came in the town we saw none , then who was the one singing the song and as I moved from the building a saw a old lady coming toward us with a lantern. It scared all of us more and my son stephen and daughter georgia shouted as loud as they could . I convenced them that there is nothing to be scared of , the child stooped shouting and the old lady came near us. The old lady was so old that it was impossible to believe that she was even alive.
We asked the lady about the one who was singing then she told us that she was the one. We asked her where she was and where was everybody , then she told us that she lived alone and she was in the forest in search of fruits on the tree. We asked about other people of the town then she just gave a weired smile and asked about us , we told her we were going to the city and stopped here for the night and asked her that if we could stay then she agreed, and went inside the building. I felt something diffrent about the lady and suddenly the temperature of the place started to decrease, the temperature got so low that we all started to shiever and then my wife asked me to go inside and ask the lady for some blanket for us. I went inside and saw some weired patterns on the wall of the room and to my surprise there was noone and when I looked more crefully in the room  I found blood on the walls of the room and at that instant I saw blood even on my shoulders. I got so frightened that I just fell down on the floor  and  suddenly heared a loud noise from outside and I just tried to run out but I felt someone holded my hand and in an instant I was in the air and was thrown on the wall and after that I wasn't able to stand and I heared voice of my son and daughter like they were shouting in pain and so I collected some strength and tried to move. When I moved out of the room I saw blood everywhere and my wife was covered in blood and my children were nowhere to be seen and reached me  wife and asked her what happened. She told me she was sitting with the children and suddenly hands covered in blood came out from the walls and started to pull them in the wall . She somehow managed to escape through the hands but the children weren't and when she tried to helped the children then someone threw her in the air . My wife was crying in the pain. I told her that I saw some weired patterns on the wall in the room but when I went in and looked closely then I could see faces in the patterns crying that shievered me and my wife . We decided to search for the children and we reached the house that had no doors and no windows. All the other buildings had those weired patterns and faces but that house had nothing but books. And it had some wierd sounds coming through. We searched and searched but found othing but a book that told about some curse on the land and on the people that steeped on the land. We decided to search for our children and get out from that place. We found our children at last but they were inside the wall of the building. They were trapped in the wall and then I realised that all other faces we saw were of people trapped in the walls. I could see their faces in deep pain and misery . I felt as I am the one responsible for their situation and then we decided to end up their misery and pain. We decided to burn the whole place, so we went to the place where it all started and grabbed the candle and some books from the other building. We had  oil with us that we decided to use to burn the place. We spread the oil all over the place and when we were trying to burn the candle then all of a sudden I felt something went through my leg and it was a hand of that old lady , she threw me and my wife in the air. So she was the one behind all this. She took my wife and bit her on her neck and tered her neck apart. My wife died in an instant. I quickly tried to grab the machstick  but the old witch had her hand through my stomach and I felt a sudden pain deep like ocean. But I somehow managed to burnt the candle and threw it on the wall covered with oil the old witch just ran off like there was nothing . I also ranned to get through the fire and reached the entrance of the town and fell down and closed my eyes . When i opened my eyes again I could see my children playing in the town happily and my wife with me .And guess  where we were now , we were in the same town but the diffrence was we were a part of the town now.

© 2016 Ankit


Author's Note

Ankit
please guys ignore grammer problems, please give your reviews about the plot, about the story and if you want then give points from ten on how much you al liked the story................. It would be a great help.......

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ankit --- seems you have a start of a story here...a bit hard to read in the condition in which you seem to have just paste and copy into a quick format...I would advise you to reread the entirety of this and make the appropriate changes in format and all...and post again for a general out put for others to read...there is many issues to make this even better...for this to take off in the direction for which I assume you want to go...so with that...keep writing and good to read your work...

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You know, I agree with the first reviewer.
First, there are some typos.
Writing names should be in this, "Call me Hearm Jan."
Second divide the paragraphs, and if you can manage to arrange the sentences onto basic structure format that's good too.
Don't bold the alphabets, and remove... I guess just remove the italic. It's quite, I found it, disturbing.
My advice, choose Times New Roman for font, then font-size near or 12-13.

About the plot, it's good, a horror yes, and interesting. Just that you need to arrange your sentences to help you narration at ease, and made your reader read in ease.

-Jan


Posted 8 Years Ago


Ankit --- seems you have a start of a story here...a bit hard to read in the condition in which you seem to have just paste and copy into a quick format...I would advise you to reread the entirety of this and make the appropriate changes in format and all...and post again for a general out put for others to read...there is many issues to make this even better...for this to take off in the direction for which I assume you want to go...so with that...keep writing and good to read your work...

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 9, 2016
Last Updated on March 9, 2016

Author