Hiden Behind that Shade of Blue

Hiden Behind that Shade of Blue

A Story by ~AnnaCentric~
"

Princess Xora buys a slave and finds the girl to be more than just an ordinary drudge.

"

So this is supposed to be a drabble, but I'm wondering ifyou all want me to continue on this story? Many thanks.

 

Princess Xora had seen the girl in a slave house. Her brother Vars, the new king, had given her money to buy herself a new servant of her liking.

      The girl’s dark hair was tangled and messy. Her skin was pale, and her body malnourished. Her blue eyes were weary. Xora didn’t know what, or why, she was drawn to the girl. But her mind told her that the girl needed her.

      “I’ll take her,” She told the dealer.

      The dealer grunted and unshackled the girl from the floor and brought her to Xora. The girl looked down at her feet.

      “Look at me,” Xora told her.

      The girl looked up. Her eyes had black bags under them. It was obvious that she was beyond exhausted. Xora touched her cheek, silently staring into her eyes. Then she looked back at the dealer.

      “How much?” she asked.

      “For you, nothin’,” The dealer said. “Your family has been loyal to me for generations. Besides, your brother’d kill me if I charged ya anythin’ for a girl like this.”

     “‘A girl like this’?” she repeated skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

      “She ain’t very popular, if ya know what I mean.”

      “Unfortunately sir, I don’t know what you mean,” Xora returned. “What, is something wrong with her?”

Though she doubted it. The girl appeared as normal as anybody in this facility.

      “She isn’t like the rest,” the dealer told her. “Other owners have said she has some strange behavior. It’s given her a bad reputation. But I ain’t gonna send her out on the streets. It’d be bad for business, ya know what I mean?”

Xora pursed her lips.

      “Strange behavior? As in?” she asked.

      “I’ve never seen it first-hand, but one owner told me she screamed in the middle of the night. And when he checked on her, there was a big red shadow in front of her. Methinks she’s portal.”

The girl whimpered softly, but they ignored it. Xora sniffed in defiance.

      “Ha! A portal? A portal, you say? As in demons attract to her?” she scoffed. “How ridiculous! Get your head on straight. In this world, demons do not exist.”

      “Aye, but they do, Princess. Be warned, they come for disbelievers,” The dealer warned.

      Xora disgruntled; she’d heard enough nonsense. She nodded to the dealer as a good-bye and left with the girl. As they walked back to the castle, Xora continuously watched the girl, who seemed to be unaware of it. Her head was down; trying to keep up with Xora’s faster pace.

      So they arrived at the castle. The outer walls were made of thick grey stone. There were four towering points at each of its four corners. And even though there was no mote, there was a small drawl bridge that came down to keep invaders out. They went up to the drawl. One of the guards looked down.

      “Ah, Princess. You’ve returned,” he said.

      “Yes. I have,” Xora returned, looking up at him. “Let down the drawl bridge.”

      “Of course, Princess.”

It came down. Xora looked to the girl, who still looked down.

      “This is your home now,” she muttered.

      When they were inside, there was a woman walking down the staircase. She had a long blue dress that hung to the floor. Her blonde hair was pulled into a bun. Her face was lightly made up. And the dress complimented her green eyes.

      “You’re back so soon, Xora?” the woman asked, somewhat surprised.

      “I was only out to get…well…,”

Xora looked at the girl.

      “I see. Did you happen to see Draco while you were out?”

      “No, I didn’t,” Xora said, shaking her head.

The woman looked disappointed.

      “Korra, don’t you think it’s time to move on?” Xora questioned.

Korra didn’t care to answer her. She just went on her way down the hallway. Xora shrugged, it wasn’t her problem.

      “So do you have a name?” she asked the girl as she led her up the stairs.

      “No, Mistress,” the girl said. “I’m not allowed to have a name.”

      Xora already figured that, but it didn’t hurt to make sure. They came to a room at the far end of the hall. A large closed door hid its contents. Two guards stood at either ends of it. When they saw the Princess, they opened the door without needing an order. Xora nodded to them gratefully and went inside. It was a throne room, and sitting on a golden cathedra was her older brother, Vars. He looked quite regal, in his purple coat and crown. She tried not to giggle at how ridiculous she thought he looked.

      “This is what you got?” her brother asked, a bit unbelieving.

      “What is that supposed to mean?” Xora retorted, glaring. “She’s fine.”

Her brother snorted.

      “She doesn’t look like much.”

The girl made a quiet whimper, which Xora noticed, and she wrapped and arm around her.

      “That’s enough, Vars. Your opinion doesn’t matter,” she declared.

      “If you say so, Xora,” Vars said.

Gently taking the girl’s hand, Xora led her out of the room and up to the third floor.

      “Here’s my room. You’ll sleep in here at night with me,” she told her.

      As she opened the door, she stepped aside to let the girl in first. The girl looked a bit nervous, then bowed her head and entered. It was a bit more than half the size of the throne room. There were florid decorations of jewelry, paintings, and other items around the room. A queen-sized bed sat at the far left-hand side of the room. Red satin sheets covered it. The girl explored it with her eyes, amazed.

      “There’s a bit too much in here,” Xora admitted. “But I like it.”

      The girl wanted to compliment how the room looked, but was nervous. At the slave house, she was not allowed to speak, especially without permission. Xora took her hands in hers and smiled.

      “Your name will be Amy,” she proclaimed. “A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.”

The girl nodded in response.

© 2012 ~AnnaCentric~


Author's Note

~AnnaCentric~
Should I continue on the story? Is mygrammar okay? Does anything seem forced?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

To me it flows beautifully and I think you should continue with it. I'd love to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012
Tags: slave, princess, belonging

Author

~AnnaCentric~
~AnnaCentric~

Cameron Park, CA



About
I've been interested in writing since my sophomore year of high school. My topics of writing normally circle around Europe in the 13-1400's (at the time of the Black Death), but lately I've been dippi.. more..

Writing
Kyoto Kyoto

A Poem by ~AnnaCentric~


Testify Testify

A Screenplay by ~AnnaCentric~