Hello, I'm Annie Walk

Hello, I'm Annie Walk

A Story by Annabelle

Hello, I’m Annie Walk

By: Annie Walk

I live in Indianapolis. I love the city, I’m in love with downtown Indianapolis. The restaurants, the shops, the diversity, the Banker’s Life Fieldhouse. There is nothing better than the whole city coming together to support the Pacers at the Banker’s Life Fieldhouse. I believe in supporting your hometown. I love Indianapolis because I love the city and I love the support.

I live in my neighborhood. My neighborhood consists of historical houses and crazy people who live in the historical houses. My school is four streets over from my house. I love my neighborhood. I love the history behind it, the high school in my neighborhood was once the Guardian’s Home. I love the craziness. By craziness I mean, loudness. On my street, there is always somebody arguing or the cops being called. “Is your street unsafe?” A lot of people ask, but I promise you it’s safe. Well, at least I haven’t been injured or died yet.

I live at school. I enjoy getting an education to become successful. I love the relationships I have with the teachers. I enjoy helping my friends. Coming to school everyday gives me an ambition to become the best Annie Walk I can be. The people I’ve met within the past three years have changed my life. I can’t help but to think that my friends are one of the greatest blessings I have. I’ve been to two high schools. Irvington Prep would be my favorite. The teachers, Ms. Larkin, Mrs. Berry, Mr. Oakley and Mr. Meek have changed my whole perspective on education. I always knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, but after observing these teachers they’ve changed it all. I for sure know now that I want to be a teacher. I want change and inspire lives, like they’ve done for me. There couldn’t be a better feeling.

I live in a house. Even though living in a house with four other people is stressful, I wouldn’t change it for anything. My enclosed porch is my favorite place in the house. I like to be alone with my thoughts, no matter how crazy that makes me sound. I often think out loud, or talk to myself as my mom likes to call it. It’s easier for me to be alone when doing so. I’m a very social person. Although, I like to keep my personal issues private. My family is very important to me, but everybody needs some alone time. Family is one of the greatest values in life.

I live in my bedroom. It’s a place where I can be calm, cool, and collected. It’s my own personal part of the house. My bedroom is a place where if my family doesn’t like it, they don’t have to be in there. My own personal lair, where I can be myself. I don’t have to be afraid of being judged for being me.

I am Annie Walk. I’m a girl who believes fairly too much in fairytales and happy endings. I’m a girl who believes in other people a lot, even when I shouldn’t. I’m a girl who believes in hope. I have faith that things will change for me, no matter what has happened in the past. No matter how horrible things get between me and a friend, I’m always there to be supportive.

I am a Light Skin Princess. Not literally, but it boosts my self-esteem. When I’m feeling lower than low, I always look myself in the mirror and say, “You, Annie Walk, are a Light Skin Princess. Act like it!” It always puts a smile on my face and makes me feel better. Corny,you could say that. Everybody has their own little sayings to get them through the day. Mine just so happens to be that.

I am weird. By that I mean, I’m the weird, loud, annoying friend. The friend that will do anything to get you over a breakup. The one who can’t stop laughing at a joke she heard last week. I’m definitely the friend who busts out in random song lyrics that fit in the current conversation. In all ways possible, I’m weird. I’m not ashamed of it though.

I am considerate. I never try to hurt people's feelings. I never cuss at people in an argument, I never go out of my way to say petty remarks about a person’s race or looks. That’s not how I was raised. I was raised with class, not ignorance.

I am a student. I put my work first, friends second. My ambition is so strong to be successful, it’s sometime overwhelming. Napoleon Bonaparte once said, “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.”  No doubt it will be worth it in the end. I’m proud of who I am and who I’m becoming. There is still a lot of work to be done, the best is yet to come.

I am a strong believer in love. However, I don’t see it in the cards for me. I believe there is somebody out there for everybody. I believe that I’m too good at being alone to invest my time in somebody who doesn’t care about me or my feelings. I don’t want to be the one who is always putting my all into somebody who could be out there embarrassing me. In my eyes, it’s just not worth it.

I am a person who wears make up. Not because I need it or people tell me I look better with it on, but because I like the process. I love opening my eyes wide and having my mouth open to put on mascara. I enjoy closing my left eye to put on liquid eyeliner. Even though 99% of the time, I get the eyeliner in my eye and the burning sensation is killer. It makes me bubbly to look in the mirror and know that I was the one who created the piece of art on my face.

I am a person who enjoys fast food. Whether it is McDonalds, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, or KFC. I believe in using your tastebuds to the best of their abilities. But I also believe in eating healthy, don’t get me wrong. What’s wrong with eating fast food every so often?

I am a fan of old people. I’m not a fan of  the mean old people who tell you everything you do wrong, but the old people who praise you for everything you do right. My dad has a friend named Katherine Leonard. I’ve known her since I was in kindergarten, she qualifies for one of my biggest supporters. I’m so thankful for her. The other day on Facebook, I shared this quote about loving myself even though I’m not perfect. A few minutes later, I received a lovely comment from dear Ms. Leonard. It said, “Annie I just love you for who you are, such a beautiful young lady. You seem to find the right things to share on Facebook. Thanks.” To some people, they might just blow it off. To me, that made my day that much better. It’s always a good feeling to know how you affect people’s everyday lives.

I am a fan of Lea Michele. I love her role on Glee as Rachel Berry. When she sings, it’s like you’re hearing ocean waves crashing up against the shore. Her singing is so relaxing, I could listen to her all day. She is so pure and always positive. She qualifies for one of my role models to look up to. My favorite quote by her would have to be, “I love being healthy. I get a lot of sleep. I’m a girl who eats. I feel beautiful no matter how I look.” I really like this quote because as a teenager, everybody wants the Barbie doll body. A lot of girls will starve themselves so they can fit the stereotype. I wish girls would realize that it’s not all about looks and not everybody is going to be super thin.

I am a person who believes in thinking outside the box. Why settle for being ordinary? Nine times out of ten, when you think outside of the box it opens a world of theories and discoveries you never would have known about if you wouldn’t have taken the time to think outside the box. A lot of people don’t know how to really think outside the box. Thinking outside of the box means, to think differently, unconventionally, or to form a new perspective.

I am a person who believes in laughing. Not the fake laughing, but the laughing where your stomach hurts from laughing so hard. The kind of laughing where your lips ache and you lose your voice because something was so funny. I believe in the strong laughs from your stomach that only come out when you’re around certain people. I strongly believe in laughing too much and not crying enough. Life's too short to be upset.

I am a person who believes in coaching. Not only sports, but coaching people through difficult times in their life. Most of the coaches I know are extraordinary people. The ones I’ve talked to give the best advice. Reassuring me that life goes on after high school and even though it seems like the end of the world now, that high school doesn’t last forever. In my honest opinion, coaches of all sorts are the best people to have in your life.

I am a person believes in being a basketball fan. Some of my closest friends play basketball. I believe in being a huge supporter of basketball. I love the players, I love the game. If I had to choose between high school, college or NBA I know what my choice would be. It’s a tie between college and high school. I love high school basketball games because high schoolers are in their prime. It’s only the beginning for them! College is where it gets real. You’re either great or you’re not. My opinion is kind of biased, because every time I watch college basketball it’s I.U. Guilty is charged for being that “basic Hoosier fan” who is obsessed with Yogi Ferrell. Looks and all.

I am a person who believes in befriending underclassmen. Nothing is worse than having all the upperclassmen pick on you when you’re new to the school and the high school experience. I have recently befriended two freshmen, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. They’re so young and pure. I love guiding them in the right direction.

I am a person who believes in traveling around the world. I think that young adults should get out of their comfort zone at least once in their lifetime. They should expose themselves to different cultures and experiences. As a young adult, I would love to travel after I graduate. I would like to see England, Mexico, Greece, Italy, Australia, France, and Germany. The different languages and customs would be a life changing experience for me.

I am a person who believes in going to college. I believe in expanding your knowledge to the best of your abilities. College degrees are so important nowadays, going to college should be mandatory.

            Throughout my life, all my beliefs have not changed. I try to stay true to myself at all times. When it comes to people’s opinions about me, I’m not worried at all. I have me, myself, and I, a wonderful family, and supportive best friends that have my back. What else could a girl need?

© 2016 Annabelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016
Tags: narrative

Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

Indianapolis, IN



About
Preschool teacher. College kid. Pitbull mommy. Girlfriend of James. more..

Writing
Adoption Adoption

A Story by Annabelle


Granddad Granddad

A Poem by Annabelle