Things You Should Know

Things You Should Know

A Story by Anne Verona
"

Listen to me Sam, because you have to know...

"

She looked in the mirror, her hands all clammy. She breathes in and out as if it’s the last night of her life. I come over to her and put both my hands on her shoulders.


“It’s going to be alright.” I say to her as she looks at me with all disbelief in her eyes.


I roll out my eyes at her. “I promise you Sam you look gorgeous, amazing, even.”


Beautiful actually. Like heaven on a face.


 

She frowns at me as she moves away from the sink. “It’s easy for you to say that.” She pauses as she moves away, to grab her bag. “You’re not the one who’s going to meet them.”


I chuckled.  “No.” I stopped, moving towards her. “But I know you.  And anyone would be insanely crazy not to like you.”


Really insane.



She sighs having heard this speech before. I sigh as well motioning to place some hair behind her ear. I then held her face and looked into her eyes for the thousandth time. “You have nothing to worry about because you are amazing Sam. You have to know that.” I pause as Sam scoffs at the statement not looking into my eyes.


“It’s so easy for you to say that Tori. You’re not a cry baby. You don’t cry so easily over everything. And you’re not the one stumbling on grass or falling gracelessly down the stairs for no reason. And besides, you’ve known me for half your life and…”


“And yes I’ve known you for half of my life, and that’s why I know how amazing you are.” I pause as I hold the bottom of her chin to face me. “Listen to me Sam, because you have to know. You have to know that you have an amazing smile, that it’s impossible not to feel happy with it. You have an infectious laugh, and it’s something I look forward to coming home every day. So what if you cry? Most of those times were when you cried for somebody else, you who rarely cry for yourself. That just shows me how much you care for others more than for yourself. And yes, you’re so clumsy you fall down the stairs with your pajamas. But so what? When people ridiculed you for wanting to be yourself, you stood, your head held high and went on achieving becoming someone no one thought you’d be.  You stood when everyone put you down. You always stand when you fall. And that takes courage. You are loyal. You are trustworthy. And you are an understanding person. You understood me, when I thought nobody could. So I take it back. You’re not just amazing Sam. You’re beautiful, and I love you for that.”

 


Sam looks at me, now with a smile on her face. “Thank you Tori. You are an amazing person yourself. And I love you too.”


I smile back. “No problem, always.”

 

Just then, a knock on our door interrupted us. Sam pulls away from me quickly. “Oh s**t! That’s James. Tori, do I look okay?”


I smile turning to her. “You look…


… Wonderful


… Amazing


… Perfect


… Beautiful


“You look nice. His parents are going to love you.”

 

Sam smiles back and then rushes to open the door being met by James on the other side. James tells her she looks amazing. She smacks him lightly and laughs before glancing back to me quickly. “Thank you Tori.”



I smile and then nod. The door closes, and so did my eyes. I feel a tear roll down my eye.


I love you Sam.

 

I’m in love with you. 

© 2015 Anne Verona


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohhhh i'm a mess right now. This is such a beautifully written story and I could feel every emotion so much. Ahhh Anne you did such an amazing job! This is beyond wonderful storytelling! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Anne Verona

8 Years Ago

O.O... (puts Valerie back together) Better? :) lol. jk. But really, thank you so much :) Your compli.. read more
Wow, I was in the same contest as you, I wrote "Strictly Friends", but this is really, really good. I love how the format is unique and your word usage is just great. I really, really enjoyed it. Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anne Verona

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Hi! I'm new and stumbled upon your story. Beautiful. I love that the last two sentences are set apart like a poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anne Verona

8 Years Ago

Thanks and welcome to wc :) I'm new as well here too, and so far I'm liking it here. I hope that you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015
Tags: love, relationships, lgbt, lesbian, bisexual, friendzone