Cyber delivery

Cyber delivery

A Poem by Inkcognito
"

...a rambling bouquet of random thoughts...

"

I picked you a bright, large aromatic bouquet

lavender passion and capacious orange lust

bluebells of desire - velvet ruby roses of love

delicate temptations - lilies fragrantly frosted

candy scented pure luminous alabaster skin

take delivery of dreams through midnight ink

and send me a note of thanks in the morning

 

©

© 2010 Inkcognito


Author's Note

Inkcognito
If undelivered, please return to sender!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really unusual structure, I love it, it's packed together densely, like the best bouquets! Just pure flow, almost stream-of-consciousness, with no real punctuation and no true line breaks, so it hits us as one solid, compact passage. I almost felt like I absorbed this poem rather than read it. Your use of color and fragrance is very sensual, I especially like the interplay of fragrantly frosted / luminous alabaster / midnight ink... like the play of moonlight on dark water. There is something very vivid and "living" about this poem. I'm interested in the unusual mood / emotion associations you make with various colors.... lavender passion, orange lust, blue desire.... because they are perhaps not the most usual parallels, these really stand out, and help to make the poem your own. I really like "take delivery of dreams through midnight ink", it works well with the poem, but could almost stand alone, it's such a great line, and could mean so many things if considered in isolation. Excellent :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such colour you used to paint your poem, a rainbow is not any brighter

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
ohh..I would lurve to receive that gift in the post..I can smell it! What a delightful mix of colours, smells and vivid images..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Signed, sealed and delivered.. straight to my heart... You always entertain my mind with such teasing desire... simple little sentiments that mean so much, they speak directly to me.. at me, for me.. and THANK YOU.. sorry, it was a day late.. wink!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


colors and scents that fill the heart ~ thank you

Posted 13 Years Ago


A lovely write!
Random thoughts they may be, but they are charged with emotions and aimed at someone specific and once arranged in a bouquet, they lose the randomness and become a gathering of like minded things and those that compliment them.

Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. ah, beautiful ... a lovely bouquet ... artistic and enchanting ... here's my note of thanks ... thank you so mucho ! ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a lovely amazing write here. I like this. Very well written

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a simple thing done so intricately....so beautifully. This bouquet of human emotion, passion, desire and love; delivered in "midnight" skies...with the confidence to demand a note of thanks in the morning!
Lovely write! ;)

-light-

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

680 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010
Tags: bouquet, color, fragrance, scent, passion

Author

Inkcognito
Inkcognito

About
I am no master of poetry nor an accomplished writer, simply a dreamer stringing together some words. I hope that you will enjoy the read. Your reviews and feedback will be much appreciated -thank .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..