I have something to Say:

I have something to Say:

A Story by Also known as Clare.

I have a proposal for everyone on here.

How about will be nice to everyone?

 

1.There's this amazing thing called contructive critiscm. If you see a problem with someones story--like a puncutation mistake or a spelling error--let's be nice when you tell them that. Don't just be like, "you really fucked up on grammer, you should go take a class somewhere," and things of that nature. Just be nice! Please? Words are powerful and they can hurt people's feelings, whether you think you are or not.

 

2. Now, for the people that are recieving the contstructive critiscm. You need to be nice too. Please quit being so defensive. These people are trying to help you, and if you ever want to get published, your going to have to deal with a CRAP LOAD of critiscm, good and bad. So, just listen to what they have to say, and if you don't agree, then you don't agree. We all have our own opinions, and just because one person believes one thing, doesn't mean it is wrong.

 

Thank you. c:

© 2011 Also known as Clare.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with you on some levels. Definitely about needing more constructive criticism, however I'll take rude if its honest over "hey! good work, you're the most amazingly amazing writer ever! This is just amazing. Now come review me and tell me how amazingly amazing I am" Which does happen a lot on here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good advice Clare. Its a shame that people can be exactly as you've described.... On BOTH points. We ALL need to remember, No one is a born writer (as such), We ALL NEED advice an critiscm to better ourselves in our chosen field of self expression. You Have to be willing to take the good with the bad, And MOVE ON.... Hopefully all the more wiser.
As you have pointed out, Everyone has an opinion.... It's just up to the writer to sort through the useful ones, And let the others be what they are - An opinion.
Thank you Clare, for hopefully opening up some of our blinkered eyes.
Keep writing,
& Keep smilin'
~ Ds

Posted 12 Years Ago


awesome advice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is good Clare , I have been a wee bit surprised at one or two comments seen on poems , " you spelled Robert without a capital _ you will go to hell for that" well not quite, but some are a little superior, almost de-structive.
I found just two comments that were a wee bit unpleasant on my poems quite unsettling and saddening.
I think I read poems as they are from friends, and if I donn't like or agree with them well tough! I will chill and respect their hard work. I don't think I regret one read, so much good on every site I have been to.
So glad you posted this it makes a lot of sense X

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you, Clare! You've said what I've been thinking for a long time. I try to be as polite as possible when I critique someone's work. I've been through years of the bleeding papers filled with red corrections here and there. It is never fun, but it will make you a better writer over time. And with any critique, you can take their words with a grain of salt. Some critiques have made my work better, others would have dampened the spirit in which I wrote a piece. Thanks for being so candid and saying these words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Totally agree, well said.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with you on some levels. Definitely about needing more constructive criticism, however I'll take rude if its honest over "hey! good work, you're the most amazingly amazing writer ever! This is just amazing. Now come review me and tell me how amazingly amazing I am" Which does happen a lot on here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good say my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


by the way, if you guys dont mind, pass this on to all your friends, that way everyone can try and learn to be nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Exactly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with this too...but sometimes people are always going to stubborn and mean about their reviews...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

549 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2011
Last Updated on March 20, 2011

Author

Also known as Clare.
Also known as Clare.

Hell,, AZ



About
I'll make this short and sweet you dont need to take a seat ~ ~I love the night ~I have strange habits ~Bipolar, OCD, and depressive ~I hate a lot of people, If your one of them, get over it. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


May May

A Poem by Robin


zero zero

A Poem by Siddhartha