Passing Of Time

Passing Of Time

A Story by Joseph Mulpeter
"

I started writing this randomly, it's something i want to turn into a full story someday. two gay lovers separated by time.

"
"But who am i without you, who will i become without you?" Charlie asks

Gus's hand is resting on Charlie's shoulder. "You will be destined for great things, things that you could miss out on if you don't go back". It's been almost twenty four hours since Gus brought Charlie along with him fifteen years into the future. After dating only a few months, Gus revealed his secret, his secret being that he doesn't belong in this realm of existence, that he is traveller from another time. Before the twenty four hour mark passes, Charlie must step back in time, back to his reality, before the door closes for good. 

"i can't leave you Gus" Charlie says as the salty tears run down his face into his mouth. Charlie closes his eyes, still sobbing he takes a deep breath in and Gus's hand that rested on his shoulder now felt distant, the final touch of the man who saved his life, the man who shown him a life of love and a life of possibilities was now a mere moment in time, a time that will never be reached again. That is, not until fifteen years down the road, but Charlie knows the truth, he knows that waiting for Gus for fifteen years, is a lifetime of missed opportunity. 

"So that's the story. I never did meet Gus again. They say everything is about timing, but It's been almost fifty years since that night, the night Gus sent me back. There were many occasions in my life that i felt his presence, there were times i thought i saw him, stood on the other side of the road, or at the end of the supermarket isle, all of these turned out to be false, just regular people passing by. But Gus did know the truth and he was right about one thing, that my life would be destined for great things. I became a husband, a father and now a grandfather. I'd like to think Gus lived a full life too, that where ever he ended up, it led him to happiness".

© 2018 Joseph Mulpeter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting story line Joseph. It must be tough not getting mixed up with the time travel bit. I suppose this is like the 'what if?' that we all experience. I'd like to know how Charlie goes from gay lover to husband and lover. Well done for this!
Cheers,
Alan

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting story line Joseph. It must be tough not getting mixed up with the time travel bit. I suppose this is like the 'what if?' that we all experience. I'd like to know how Charlie goes from gay lover to husband and lover. Well done for this!
Cheers,
Alan

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful tale written. We do meet people who haunt our life and thoughts. I liked the meeting between them and the wish for happiness and complete life. Thank you Joseph for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Even tho this snippet of a story seems to be addressing a fantasy situation of time warp, it also represents so many things that could happen in real life. People get separated all the time, wondering if they’ll ever run across one another again. With such tools as the internet & especially social media, we can look up old friends & lovers, but in my experience the magic can never be recaptured, even if you do reunite. I prefer for the story to stay as it is in your story. Our hopes & imaginations always exceed reality and that’s why we love reading a hopeful story like yours. Good job of offering an array of possibilities! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joseph Mulpeter

5 Years Ago

I agree, forcing something instead of letting it play out naturally will never be as great. Thanks f.. read more
barleygirl

5 Years Ago

Feel free to read request me. I'll enjoy reading more of this!
This is a really interesting concept and I think would make a great novel! I would love to read more, and I found this to be both intriguing and heartbreaking, so if you do decide to continue with this story, I know it'll be a tearjerker. I like how your story evokes strong emotions from the reader and uses pathos to both your and the reader's advantage.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joseph Mulpeter

5 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, i would like to make this into a novel or short story. :)
Fanicia E.

5 Years Ago

I would like that too

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2018
Last Updated on June 2, 2018
Tags: #romance, #love, #gay, #lgbt, #timetravel, #life, #passingoftime, #sad

Author

Joseph Mulpeter
Joseph Mulpeter

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
My name is Joseph Mulpeter. I am 25 years old from England. Besides photography, my other passion is writing. I'm currently writing a novel which will be posted once written. I enjoy expressing myself.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Mirror Broken Mirror

A Story by pia


Patience Patience

A Poem by Giulia King