Does Truth Exist?

Does Truth Exist?

A Poem by AAmell
"

Not a Poem, but rather a philosophical thought.

"

“The truth is that he murdered that man”

“No, the TRUTH is that he was defending himself”

“No, the TRUTH is that this is war, and it is not called murder”

 

If perspective dictates how you see the truth, and your perspective is shaped through who you are and how you were raised, meaning that every single person has a different perspective of the world around them, does an absolute truth even exist? Point: Truth is an idea. Facts are a human invention that hold no weight in reality. The mere idea that we do not even know the true names of things in nature exemplifies this. All things we discuss are based off of guesses, yet some claim to know the absolute “truth” in certain situations. There is no truth, no fact. There is merely opinion. 

© 2017 AAmell


Author's Note

AAmell
This comes to mind when i listen to political or religious debate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Absolute truth: no one knows all of it, some know none of it, and all know a little. This brief, but compact little philosophical "essay" is thought provoking and anyone who reads and thinks, I should think would be compelled to respond in some way. Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Absolute truth: no one knows all of it, some know none of it, and all know a little. This brief, but compact little philosophical "essay" is thought provoking and anyone who reads and thinks, I should think would be compelled to respond in some way. Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So, is your opinion on "There is merely opinion." absolute truth?

Posted 6 Years Ago


AAmell

6 Years Ago

*Head Explodes*
Calamus

6 Years Ago

That just solidifies your thoughts and the Paradox of Truth.

Kinda reminds me of Plat.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017
Tags: facts, fact, truth, thought, philosophy, saussure

Author

AAmell
AAmell

YUCAIPA, CA



About
I'm 25 years old, have been married for over 1 year now, have a 2 year old son, am going to school full time for English: Linguistics, and work full time as the sole source of income for my family at .. more..

Writing