Heaven Sent

Heaven Sent

A Chapter by AnuBro

 

 

Noon

The Devil drives a hot pink Lexus. I would know. I painted it. And I can see him drive it towards me. No, I’m not lying, and no, I’m not mad. At least I don’t think I am. I might be. Sort of, kind of, maybe?

I twist the ring on the finger of my left hand and stand up, stomach heaving, breath short. A banging door follows the screeching halt and a man steps out. Tall, handsome, dressed in -

What the hell?

Neon blue loafers, yellow and pink polka-dotted pants and a black shirt that’s covered in red hearts. There’s a cocky grin on his face and a glittering knife in his hand.

‘What happ-’

‘Don’t even think of asking.’ He grinds out, stepping closer to me. I ignore the waves of repulsion spreading from him and step closer, teeth stretched in a tight smile.

‘Trouble in Paradise?’ I ask with a laugh.

‘You’ll know soon enough.’ My eyes wander to the twirling knife. ‘Unless, of course, you’re ready.’

‘The answer’s no, Grim.’ Breathe, Noon, breathe. Oh wait, I forgot, I don’t need to. How silly of me.

‘It’s Satan.’ His eyes flash. Figuratively and metaphorically speaking. A flame glows in the black pits of his eyes and I take a half step back. Teasing someone who can kill you with a flick of his fairy wand, err... I mean his fingers, is probably not the smartest thing in the world. But totally worth it.

A movement behind him catches my eye and I crane my neck in time to see another man step out from the car. He comes and stands beside the Devil. Beside him, no one dares to stand beside Satan. Always a step back. Never at level with him. Now ain’t that interesting?

An element of mystery prevails as I study him. Tall, lean body. Legs clad in black jeans hanging low on his hips, black hood hiding his face in shadows. Satan nods at him and the guy removes his hood. My breath hitches as I look at him. A mane of messy black hair falling carelessly across his forehead, nearly obscuring his intense purple eyes. Yes, purple. Strong jaw, high cheekbones and full luscious lips. He is beyond hot. Smoking hot. Tree-caught-on-fire hot.

Oh boy. Heaven. Hell.

‘Love what you did to the car.’ He says with a sardonic twist to his mouth as way of greeting.

‘Anytime.’ I mumble, the graffiti I did on Satan’s car the least of my worries.

‘Aren’t you going to invite us in?’ Satan asks.

‘Of course, how stupid of me.’ I walk a step towards my house and then turn around with a wicked smile. ‘I just remembered, my mom has a no Grim Reapers policy.’

‘Say that one more time.’ Satan challenges.

‘You want me to?’

‘I dare you.’

Grim Reaper.

Satan lets out an honest-to-God roar and throws the knife in my direction, but with my vampire-werewolf-angel reflexes, I have no problem taking a calm step to the side and raising my hand to catch the knife, with the blade no less

‘Now that’s not very nice, Grim.’ The mask of bravado I’ve perfected over the years is slipping.

‘I’m not known to be nice.’ His patience is waning, like the moon during the time of the month when I’m safe.

‘What’s with him?’ I nod towards the other guy.

‘He doesn’t take well to strangers.’ Satan replies.

‘I had a dog once who didn’t take well to strangers.’

‘You know what I want.’ Back to business, his voice is cold.

‘I also know that I have a math test tomorrow.’

‘What does that have to do with anything?’

‘I thought we were both stating things that we can’t conquer.’ Purple-eyes laughs, a deep stomach-rumbling sound that makes my toes curl.

Satan gives him a hard look, no words required. A normal human would have turned to dust with even a glimpse of that. But none of us are normal, now are we?

‘You’ll be singing a different tune soon enough.’ Satan grumbles, turning around.

‘Until then, Noon.’ The guy murmurs as he turns.

‘Luce.’ I whisper, staring long after Satan and Lucifer have driven away.

 

 

I sink low in my seat at the back of the class and try to conjure a way to drink acid and see unicorns. Nah, no such luck. I guess trying to help y find his x in the maths paper is the next best thing. It’s only then that I hear the commotion in the class. I look up, chewing the end of my pencil when I see a new student enter the class. My eyes roam over his body as I try to tune out of the excited conversation holding the female population of the class captive.

Oh boy. Heaven. Hell.

I think I either let out a laugh-moan or bang my head against the desk. The looks from the class suggest the former but my stinging forehead suggest the latter. Great, I did both.

‘Is something the matter, Noon?’ Ms Sanders questions. I keep my head held high as I stare Lucifer straight in the eye and shake my head no.

She goes forward with the general introduction of Lucifer Black -like seriously, Black? What happened to creativity? Did she drown herself in a well, maybe? - transfer student. And she ends with ordering me to show him around school. Ha ha, Universe, love the joke. Now quit it before I smack you in the forehead.

No such luck, of course. Luce takes the empty seat behind me and I can feel his eyes burning a hole through my head as I try my best to remember why an alphabet was dating in the first place.

As the bell rings, I grit my teeth and pick up my books at a speed that would make the Buddha seem like the energizer bunny. I finally look up to find Lucifer standing beside me, arrogant grin adoring his perfect features. Did I mention how hot he looks?

‘What are you doing here?’ I hiss, walking out of the class.

‘What do you think?’

‘I don’t know. Do fallen archangels have field-trips in Devil school?’ My eyes land on his. Not purple, he’s put a spell to make them appear black, but I can see right through it.

‘Yes, yes we do.’ He fake gasps. ‘How did you know?’

‘It was written in the manual about Devil school that Satan sent me. I never did get to fill the application though.’

‘And why’s that?’ He takes a step closer to me, heat radiating from his body, smacking into me. I swear my un-beating heart skips a beat as I look at him.

‘You know, all the lakes of fire, the smell of rotten, burning flesh and heat, it just wasn’t me.’

‘I bet.’ He flashes an arrogant smile and I barely restrain myself from socking him, realizing it’s probably not best to anger a fallen angel.

‘You’re not getting it.’ My voice is a harsh whisper as I answer their usual question.

‘Thanks for the news flash. You sure keep up with the times, don’t you?’ Stupid, snarky a*s. Hot a*s. But still an a*s.

‘You’re trying to make me change my mind.’ I realize as I start walking towards my next class again.

‘I would call you witty, but that would probably be an insult to the word.’

‘Har har har, you’re hilarious.’

‘Well, I try to be. Nope, it comes naturally to me.’ I turn to glare at him but bump into someone and lose my footing. Luce’s hand shoots out, lighting fast, burning my waist as he steadies me. I take a quick sharp breath through my teeth when I feel my body pressed against his, before he lets me go, eyes wide. Luce clears his throat, looking around.

‘Shall we?’ He asks, voice deep.

‘We shall.’ I lead him to the next class.

Just breathe, err...  act like you’re breathing, Noon. And remember, he’s the enemy. Oh yeah, that’s super easy. Just as easy as making Frankenstein understand that bringing an undead monster to life is probably not the brightest idea of the century.



© 2015 AnuBro


Author's Note

AnuBro
This is the first time I've put up my writing so I hope you enjoy and please ignore the grammar problems. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015


Author

AnuBro
AnuBro

Ajmer, Rajasthan, India



Writing
Heaven Sent Heaven Sent

A Book by AnuBro