Advice to Myself

Advice to Myself

A Poem by Anu Joy

Keep your peace in the noise and chaos of Life

Thread those scattered pearls of thoughts in your Mind

That infinite Universe ensconced in the finite space of your Body.

If the World shuts you off, rejects you

You have yourself to turn to

You are the only person you can entirely depend upon.

Be unlike a creeper whose existence depends on the tree

Only to vanish with it.

Be kind to yourself.

You are loved, even if it may not be apparent.

You are a part of the universe,

Created by the same Force which gave birth to the stars and the seas.

© 2014 Anu Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'That infinite universe ensconced in the finite space of your body' Your poem talks about universal reality. We,as a micro are part of that macrocosmic universe for, metaphysically, same cosmic laws and forces act at micro and macro level...So,one must have belief in oneself. Thanks for sharing this enlightening composition.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anu Joy

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your review :)
Rehan Roy

10 Years Ago

It's my pleasure :)



Reviews

A beautiful, thoughtful poem. You were created because you are needed, needed by the universe. You are the universe and the center of the universe. Sometimes you are as deep as your sister the sea. Sometimes you are as bright as your sister stars and you are guiding others while you are thinking the world ignores you. Ensconced in our little bodies we cannot see the real world, hidden behind its projected illusions. We project our own illusions and what we believe is of primary importance. Fill the mind with light and the spirit will be radiant. Of course you are the only one you can depend upon. To be alive is to be on your own. The only question is where do you fit in.

Posted 9 Years Ago


'That infinite universe ensconced in the finite space of your body' Your poem talks about universal reality. We,as a micro are part of that macrocosmic universe for, metaphysically, same cosmic laws and forces act at micro and macro level...So,one must have belief in oneself. Thanks for sharing this enlightening composition.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anu Joy

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your review :)
Rehan Roy

10 Years Ago

It's my pleasure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 10, 2014

Author

Anu Joy
Anu Joy

India



About
Hey, I'm Anu. I'm a voracious reader and I love reading everything: from books to the labels on ketchup bottles. I'm a 23 year old who's still trying to find her niche. I've never shown my work to an.. more..

Writing
Nothingness Nothingness

A Poem by Anu Joy


Escape Escape

A Poem by Anu Joy