A Human Thought

A Human Thought

A Poem by Anthony

Why is it that happiness always Dies away at its peak, &
Why does Despair & Depression fill the gap?
I don't know, but we shouldn't let that Stop us...
I Know it may hurt.
I Know it must be bad.
But don't give up hope.
Cuz if you do, then whats the point in life?
Without happiness,
Without hope,
All that we'd be is empty Souls,
Run by routine...

I've been hurt,
I've lost hope...
So I Know how that is...
But Don't let yourselves lose what makes you happy...
& If it still happens, look for it again...

So... if you like someone, Tell them.
& they'll tell you how they feel...
It might not be good,
But it allows you to pick yourself up & try again...
Who knows. They might like you as well...

But in the end...
Regardless of the Result..
Don't let anyone or anything take away what makes us...
Human...

Our emotions..
Our heart.. &
Our soul...

© 2010 Anthony


Author's Note

Anthony
This poem is an attempt to recreate a poem I had written before, Only had one copy and lent it out to a girl who wanted to read it.. oh well...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

very nice.....how true!
how does one continue on with life when there's nothingto live for and their hope has died? once you lose that you're basically a zombie going through life with no emotion and bascially saying 'f*ck the world'

telling someone you like them, can get pretty sketchy but if you dont then you'd never know, right?

life is about taking chances and the individuals who dont, have no understanding of it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sounds like something I'd say. Lol.
I like this,going in the library. Nice job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love it:) It teaches to never give up and never let anyone change who you are. You are you for a reason right?? Never give up hope and never stop trying cause like you said...you never know unless you try. Nice poem:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Poem is very good. A lot of good wisdom in your words. You write like a old man with a lot of experience. That is very good. Can't allow the bad to leave us grounded. But keep hope and dreams alive. Pain and sadness should be education to make the next opportunity a better one. A excellent poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great job!:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


hey i've already left a review. no wonder i thought it sounded familiar. and it also sounds like something my friend use to say. add it to the contest.=]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Flowed pretty well. I see the truth behind it but i dont really have an oppinion on it.
Not as good as some of your others that I have read of yours.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nice.....how true!
how does one continue on with life when there's nothingto live for and their hope has died? once you lose that you're basically a zombie going through life with no emotion and bascially saying 'f*ck the world'

telling someone you like them, can get pretty sketchy but if you dont then you'd never know, right?

life is about taking chances and the individuals who dont, have no understanding of it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very nicely done, I really liked the feeling in it, the emotion was very well displayed, good job on that, really deserves high ratings

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Where was this poem when I needed it. The message is very strong, blunt, and wonderful. I hope you get readers who feel greatly moved by this piece and will pick up their lives and carry on.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching poem. Describes what a lot of people feel when they want to tell someone their feelings, but can't. I like it a lot!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 30, 2009
Last Updated on February 12, 2010

Author

Anthony
Anthony

Council Bluffs, IA



About
I'm not normal in any case (Feel free to ask away). I enjoy reading to get a release into someone else's world. I enjoy writing to share my world. My Story "Fallen Mortality" Was started a couple year.. more..

Writing
Ties Ties

A Poem by Anthony


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Anthony



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by ShaneBerry