Crimson - Scene 5

Crimson - Scene 5

A Chapter by ApKWrites

Unknown Location " UK

 

Darkness….


He tries to open his eyes but light hurts like hell… he manages to catch a glimpse of a blurry shadow…


“Wakey, wakey! It was about time” a male husky voice says


He attempts to open his eyes again, the pain is unbearable; his mouth feels dry as if he’d been chewing dirt all night and his head is buzzing louder than ever but he tries to speak. “Wh…wher…am I?” he tries to lift his head up and a sharp pain takes over rendering him unable to move a muscle and his head falls with a thud on the cold steel table. His whole body feels as if he’d been beaten mercilessly, all his muscles feel like jelly and he shakes from cold.


“Easy…easy…” that man’s voice says again “You’ve been through …a…hm…rough night. Do you remember anything?” the man approaches him and lifts his head up. “Your name’s David. Do you remember that?” the man continues.


David forces his eyes to open and the pain’s excruciating. The man is standing right in front of him, wearing a suit. He slowly lifts his head up and tries to speak once more “Y..yes. Where….am I? Wh..who are…you? I’m cold.” He looks down and notices he’s bare naked, sitting on a cold metal chair.


“I’m Agent Jackson. David, do you remember anything from last night?” the man insists.


“No…” he replies and shuts his eyes again


“Here, drink some water”  the man holds his head up and helps him sip

water from a bottle “What’s the last thing you remember?” he asks


David coughs and spills the water out “There…was a girl in the tube” he coughs “Sh…she made a guy…attack me. Ev…everything’s so blurry” he coughs again “He…he punched me and…” last night’s events start coming back to him and he starts crying


“The guy’s called Adam and he’s in our custody at the moment. He’s more confused than you” Agent Jackson continues “He remembers you teasing her and then he blanked out. Next thing he remembers is a police officer pulling him off you and arresting him. Do you remember what happened?” Agent Jackson asks and he pulls a chair from under the steel table and sits opposite him.


David wipes his tears and makes an effort to sit up, trying to ignore the pain. “She made him attack me…I swear…she mind controlled him” he pauses to catch his breath “Did…did you arrest her?” he asks


“No, by the time we got to you she was gone and everyone seems to have blacked out…everyone but you David, so I need you to tell me everything you remember” his tone changes, becomes impatient.


“I was drunk…everything’s so blurry…she looked at him and…he…he pulled my trousers down and…” he stops


“He raped you” Agent Jackson continues apathetic “He was at it for quite some time before we found you. Do you know that girl? Her name? Where she lives? Anything that might help us find her?” he asks


“No…never saw her before.” David cries “She…hypnotised him”

Agent Jackson gets up and walks round the table “Okay” he smiles


“David, I want you to know that I will find her and she will pay for what she did, but I’m afraid there’s a small problem”


David looks at him walking towards him “What is that?” he asks and tries to stand up but his feet fail him and he falls back on the cold steel of the chair forcing him to scream in pain.


The Agent approaches him and before David realises, he pulls a hunting knife from his belt and runs it through David’s throat; blood gushes out of the wound and David’s naked body collapses on the cold floor covered in crimson.


“I cannot have any witnesses” Jackson murmurs and he turns to the door, opens it and orders the guard to clean up the mess before he walks down to the end of  the corridor, opens the white door on the right and enters the room where three other agents wait.


“Gentlemen, we seem to have a small problem in our hands” he says and everyone takes a seat around an oval table.


“Did you not find her?” one of the men asks


“No. The…victim was useless” he replies


“Well, I hope you, at least, took care of that problem” the man at the head

of the table, opposite Jackson, says and stands up. “Gentlemen, we need to be really careful how we manage and contain this situation” he notes “We had several cases all around the world in the recent years. In 1999 we had a woman, in Africa, who could fly, a telepath in Turkey in 2005 and as, I’m sure, all of you remember, in 2008 a guy in Russia, who could pulverise a car with one hand and that’s only a few. There were many more, but we dealt with every single one of them discretely! However, there has been an increase in freak cases in the past five years” he pauses and looks at everyone around the table “Gentlemen, if we don’t contain and eliminate these threats, we will soon be overrun and outnumbered!” his voice becoming increasingly louder “Our efforts to contain and destroy these freaks without the public noticing have been great so far, but these…these monsters are multiplying every day and we need to take more effective measures”


“What would you suggest we do then?” Jackson asks


“We need more firepower! We fight fire with f*****g fire, Mr Jackson! We need to up our game and we need the big guns” he shouts and punches the

table


“Do you understand what you are asking, Flint? They are not ready, yet! They have not had any training and what if they turned against us?” Jackson stands up


“We’ll have to take the risk or eliminate them-” Flint answers


“They are just kids, Flint!” the man on his left interrupts “We can’t just throw them in the battlefield…especially not unprepared!”


 “That’s what they were created for, Sam! They were made to become our weapons” the man on the right side of Flint stands up in his defence.


“They are our children, Jasper, or have you forgotten that?” the man cries “They are-“


Flint pulls his gun out, aims and shoots the guy on his left between the eyes “Those freaks are no children of mine” he shouts “We knew what was to become of them and we always knew they’d be sacrificed so the human kind can survive. We need to do what needs to be done!” he looks at Jackson and Jasper and they both nod in agreement.



© 2015 ApKWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Written well for those who like this kind of a story. I am too old for blood and guts. Valentine

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ApKWrites

8 Years Ago

Thank you:) I appreciate the fact you read it:)
Two remarks:

I know a bit about anatomy (studied medicine for a while) and that made me wonder: Why did the Agent kill David the way he did? I guess from your descriptions the idea was to drive the knife through the spinal cord.
But that:
a) is hard to do, there are a lot of bones in the area that can deflect the knife, so you'd have to know exactly where to stick the blade.
b) is not necessarily deadly, it could result in nothing more than paralysis (well, that's still bad of course but not what a killer would go for ;-))
c) usually doesn't bleed that much, at least not immediately - unless you hit a major blood vessel that is, but they are located rather towards the front of the neck.

So why stab him from the back? The only reasons I can think of are to look cool and make less of a mess than by slitting his throat, but since "...blood gushes out..." I'd say the agent did a poor job in the mess department ;-)

The other thing: I'd advise against using the phrase: "As [we all/you/everyone/etc...] know/remember..." It's such a big, flashing warning to the audience that everything that follows is gonna be exposition that the author couldn't fit in otherwise.

Of course background information is sometimes necessary and very hard to sneak in without the reader noticing but it's usually better not to draw extra attention to it.

Just my two cents :-)

It was a thrill to read, as always, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Cheers,

Kali

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ApKWrites

8 Years Ago

Very good points. I will be looking into them and see what I can do to change them. Thank you very m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

673 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, #Agents


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Simplicity Simplicity

A Poem by Robert