Cause and Effect

Cause and Effect

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

just my imagination.... Derive your own meaning, my friends...

"


Shattered Smirnoff bottles of
                     Butterfly wings,

                       Broken dishes...regret

Black Velvet horses beyond reason...

Time can never mend reckless whispers;
                     Do you bleed as I do?



© 2010 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
This is a short one although I felt I said what needed to be said... Sometimes life is not pretty, yes?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is almost as if you've taken the images of some nightmare and thrown them onto a page. So intriguing, jagged and poignant all at once !
You've done a phenomenal job with very few words.
Well done :)
And thank you also for the review of my work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmm. How did I miss this?

Regret. I don't know if that was the intent, but it's what comes to mind immediately. Perhaps drowning that regret in alcohol, thus causing an emotional outburst of sorts and then, of course, more regret. The self-torture that follows when wondering if the other person also feels this pain, or if they even care. "DO I BLEED ALONE??!"

Raw, human nature -- emotional pain -- bottled bandages without warning on their labels.

Okay -- I'm getting carried away again. lol As always, lovely lady, your work reflects deeply our human element and triggers an emotional response in the reader. Even, in a few short lines. You're awesome.

xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poetic Voice is Announcing the first Poetic Voice Cash Prize Contest for Poetry. Awards will be given to the writers who submit for consideration the most outstanding poems within the context of Poetry and Word Art.

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wow, this is to the gritty, I enjoyed this alot. Love the pic!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Holy wow! So intense and powerful and raw... and yet so short. It takes talent to convey such an extreme feeling in such a short piece. Great, great work! And I loved the last line.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
that was hard hitting..seems to tell a story in a short poem...that's a skill in it's self..great gritty write

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The last line reminded me of the song "37mm" by AFI, their line is "Do you fall too?" Who the narrator is speaking to is a bit of a mystery to me, though. She obviously feels her pain is universal and is looking for someone to sympathize with. The broken dishes and smirnoff bottles of butterfly wings probably reference beautiful things in her life that were destroyed by loose words. With the last line, "Time Can Never Mend Reckless Whispers," it leads me to believe that this poem is about a girl who told someone she thought she could trust a deep secret that she only shared with people she really cared about, and this person instead told this secret to others and put her on blast, thus shattering those dishes and the bottles of wings. This is something that can't be undone and can't be forgiven, at least not in her eyes. Beautiful and sad. Well done, love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

so much emotion in this , the title is perfect

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! What else can I say when other writers have already given so many reviews about this? Superb and amazing writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm in awe with the immense intensity and power of this piece. Everything about this writing is absolutely flawless! You have depicted that feeling of loneliness, depression and heartbroken so perfectly here.
"Black Velvet horses beyond reason.." - Ah! Loved this line, it conveys such a deep meaning with the deep metaphor behind it.
Brilliant usage of words at right places, Great work. I for the one absolutely loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2671 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


hush-hush hush-hush

A Poem by TamiViolet