Friend I've known for 10 Years

Friend I've known for 10 Years

A Story by Whitney Shaw
"

Dedicated to my best friend, Meggan Welch, it talks about what has happened to us over the years at Greenwood School here in Midland TX.

"
I am going to take this story way back, say 1999. There's a girl named Whitney Shaw, who was in the first grade at the year of 1999. Whitney Shaw had a friend, her name is Meggan Welch. When we first met in 1999, we were becoming close already. When I first came to Greenwood Elementary School, Meggan grabbed my arm, sat me down next to her and said.

"Hi, my name is Meggan, what's yours?" she asked.

"My name is LaSha, but most people call me Sha-Sha."

Well I can't tell you everything that happened because that was a long time ago. But I do remember the third grade. In the third grade it was Me, Meggan Welch, Samantha Weston, and Crystal Kimble. We all became friends, and Crystal would always pick on Meggan, because she was different so did Samantha. Well everyone knows about drama at Greenwood. Well anyways I don't remember what happened but something about Me, Crystal and Samantha going to Mr. Randal's office A.K.A principal's office. Meggan would go to her mom and tell her something about Crystal or me that wasn't true. Anyways me and Meggan had our ups and downs, and sometimes we would hug and make up. Well as the year went past, we were still friends, and this time we were in the six grade.

Meggan would always get frustrated, if she doesn't get a problem like her schoolwork. One time I remember my Special Ed teacher Mrs. Zant tried to help Meggan, but she would just either hide her paper or arguing, saying "I don't get this?" Then sometimes I would have to tell her let the teacher help you." My teacher Mrs. Zant said, "If she doesn't want help and is throwing a fit, then I'll her to do it on her own." That's all I remember. The year went by again and this time we were in the 7th grade. They had there ups and downs, Meggan and I made friends, we were still friends with our Crystal and Samantha, Meggan and I made new friends in the fifth grade their names were Destiney and Iris.

During P.E we were playing dodge ball, and you know if you get hit, you're out. Well Meggan got hit, but she didn't go out. She would stay there and say "I am not out" And the other side would yell at her "YOUR OUT!" She still wouldn't go down. So I yelled at her. But she wouldn't listen to me. That part made me mad, when she didn't listen to me. So I of course picked up the ball and was about to throw it at her, but my friend Destiney grabbed it before I could throw it. When it was time to get changed in the locker room, she was up in the locker room already, as I was coming up the steps, she saw me.

I pushed her up against the locker, and everybody stopped talking and laughing, they were all looking at us, because they heard a big slam. I said, "You think you just ignore me and everybody else, which is very rude, if you get hit the dodge ball, that mean you're out and you have to run around the gym, you're a brat. Your stubborn, you don't listen to people when there trying to tell you something, or even help you." I was mad and I decided to push her again, but she blocked me from hitting her. Then it became another fight, I was kicking Meggan and she was kicking me, she was trying to grab my hair but instead she pushed me. When we backed off of each other, I was about to punch her, when Crystal grabbed me and had me in a lock, Crystal was a very strong girl, she works out with her brothers. I was telling Crystal to let me go so I got loose and then she quickly grabbed me again, and I tried to get loose again, and I accidental hit Megan Garcia in the mouth, another friend I made, she was holding me back as well.

Meggan Welch ran for it, when they were holding me back. And of course we had to go the principal's office, but nobody got in trouble. Now as the years went by again, Meggan still looks back and laughs and I do to, and all that was in 7th grade. It was a crazy time.

As the year went by again, we were in the 9th grade. They still have their ups and downs but they seem to pull together. We have been friends for 9 years now. Next year will be ten years; we will be in the tenth grade. Well I will. Meggan will be in the tenth grade in another school, she is moving to Lubbock. So I won't be seeing her next year. But no matter how we are apart from each other were always going to be friends.

© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016
Tags: school, childhood, friends, life, simple

Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw