Chapter 9 support homosexuality, lesbian,and incest/"WHY DON'T YOU"

Chapter 9 support homosexuality, lesbian,and incest/"WHY DON'T YOU"

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Leviticus 18:6-24
(Remember if scripture is to long, I only put the verse, this means you have to look this verse up in your bible, if you have one)
Several detestable activities are listed here: 
1. Having sexual relations with close relatives.
2. Committing adultery
3. Offering children as sacrifices.
4. Having homosexual relations and having sexual relations with animals.
These practices were common in pagan religions and cultures, and it is easy to see why God dealt harshly with those who began to follow them.
Such practices lead to disease, deformity, and death. They disrupt family life and society and reveal a low regard for the value of oneself and of others. Society today takes some of these practices lightly, even trying to make them acceptable. But they are still sins in God's eyes. If you consider them acceptable, you're not judging by  Gods standards.
Leviticus 20:11-21
Romans 1:21:32
This list of commands against sexual sins includes extremely harsh punishments. Why? God had no tolerance for such acts for the following reasons:
1. They shatter the mutual commitment of married partners;
2. they destroy the sanctity of the family;
3. they twist people's mental well-being; and they spread disease.
Sexual sin has always been widely available, but the glorification of sex between people who are not married to each other often hides deep tragedy and hurt behind the scenes. When society portrays sexual sins as attractive, it is easy to forget the dark side. God had good reasons for prohibiting sexual sins: He loves us and wants the very best for us.
The detestable acts listed here were very common in the pagan nations of Canaan; their religions were rampant with sex goddesses, temple prostitution, and other gross sins. The Canaanites immoral religious practices reflected a decadent  culture that tended to corrupt whoever came in contact with it.
By contrast, God was building a nation to make a positive influence on the world. He did not want the Israelites to adopt the Canaanites practices and slide into debauchery. So he prepared to people for what they would face in the Promise Land by commanding them to steer clear of sexual sins. God still expects those who worship him to maintain sexual purity in their lives.
Paul clearly portrays the inveitable downward spiral into sin. First, people reject God; next,they make up their own ideas of what god should be and do; then they fall into every kind of wickedness: greed, hate, Envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious  behavior, and gossip. Finally, they grow to hate God and encourage others to do so. God does not cause this steady progression toward evil. Rather, when people reject Him, He allows them to live as they choose. God gives them over to or permits them to experience the natural consequence of their sin.
Once caught in the downward spiral, no one can pull himself or herself out. Sinners must trust Christ alone to deliver them from the destruction.
                                     


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw