Band-Aid

Band-Aid

A Poem by AprilRN1210
"

little fixes are still fixes sometimes

"

“Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which affects most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.”

-Bertrand Russell






Let your fingers

slide through my hair

electrifying the spot that erases the day.

 

Let my lips

                 taste escape

as they sample the story of your soul.

 

Let your flames engulf the chill

              from my frigid tendencies

smoldering heat stealing our inhibitions.

 

Tangle my thoughts

    in pleasure

         towards tranquility….

 

 

……even if only temporary

 

 

 

© 2017 AprilRN1210


Author's Note

AprilRN1210
A scribbling daydream of loving escape to come "home" to after rough day. A girl can dream.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thoughts after reading from the candid start to the eloquent stirring finish... then, reversing the process. How stark the second seems to become, how somehow hollow in spite of the melding of two bodies into a mass of passion. Perhaps it's not what one says but when and how.

You've created the most wonderful eruption from mind.. spirit.. to the physical.. and, thanks be, superb writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

Thank you ma'am, I appreciate it :)
This one is quite charming. I like the medical analogy of the title, though I think it's more of an injection than a band aid ;). Anyway, what is cool is that you start the first stanza with "Let your" and the second with "Let my." It suggests to me that the narrator's focus is first on her partner, and she is letting her partner initiate the intimacy. Also, I like how you started with describing physical sensations first, and then you moved to the mental aspects. IE lips to soul, chill and heat to inhibitions, and finally ending with thoughts. It gives the impression that the physical intimacy must come before the mental healing, which is so sexy. It's a beautiful poem, April. Good job.

Mister Splitbrain

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

You are always honest and thorough in your thoughts on my work for which I am grateful and treasure .. read more
This sacred tranquility flows through your thoughts, and how a lover's touch can bring healing, to the body and soul. Love, it is so much more than voices can speak, and even in simplicity it is more than gold. You confess it so well. Dream, more each day.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

Thank you Craig, dream I must for now :)
An owl on the moon

6 Years Ago

Make those dreams count. I know you will. :)
even a moment of warmth can salvage the day---

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

indeed it can :)
thank you Jacob.
Its so brilliant to tag the end with even if it's temporary. I brings and ambitious dreamland and smacks it into reality. Sometimes the cure is not permanent. Sometimes the cure is for the moment. Sometimes waiting is numbing enough.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

Exactly!!! And you saying brilliant is high praise indeed Charlie Brown, thank you :)
it really is an amazing thing ...that human beings can be so swept away and find release from all kinds of trouble and toil .. and when intimacy shared is driven by honesty all the terrible pain that can come afterwards can be minimized ... the feelings i get in reading are not from a one night stand ... says i! ;) so happy and joyful you are posting April ..god bless you big big! :))
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

That's one of the things I love about poetry- the way we can all see and interpret what we need/want.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

mums the word dahlink!

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1463 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 6, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017

Author

AprilRN1210
AprilRN1210

MS



About
Just a simple, old-fashioned nurse who writes to tell the stories of my heart and appease the voices in my head.. more..

Writing
Worth Worth

A Poem by AprilRN1210



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..