The Animal

The Animal

A Poem by Draven

I can feel you within me, part of me.
Watching, waiting, lurking among
the thoughts of my mind, taking over.
Your hunger is never to be satisfied,
feasting on demons and angels alike.
Your lust does not discriminate.
But know that your days are numbered.
I am going to kill you.

© 2014 Draven


Author's Note

Draven
Altho perhaps it isnot best to post such a thing online, but I am human, and no longer ashamed of my addiction. I have been viewing the stuff nearly every day for 5 years and now am over 2 weeks clean. I give my thanks to Morgan, as she is the strength within me to do what I otherwise never could.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all congratulations for having the strength to face your addiction and the bravery to try and defeat it. Second this made me feel like I had a small view of the battle addicts face everyday...amazing work...

Posted 9 Years Ago


To defeat the beast within... Ever going battle for most, but it's not just addiction that it feeds off of, be mindful Luke, being human has many emotions whirling inside, but which one is of no use ... Which can you discard? Lol, love star wars , sorry for the geeky reference.

This is a confession and I believe you...

It's fear that darkens and consumes... But it can be have an aha light bulb moment, realizing you are the master to your own existence, your thoughts and emotions should be under your command...

I totally got carried away with this review, anyhow, well written. Kudos.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Congratulations. You are strong enough to beat the animalistic addiction inside of you! I love this poem and love it even more with your note context. Beautiful, true words :) Thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is such a powerful call out to the addiction. The animal within. Crush it. Kill it. It is only a prison holding you back from true potential. Incredible and inspiring. Thanks and take care.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Deep, dark and haunting piece and your shared with honesty...stay chill my friend and enjoy life!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 21, 2014

Author

Draven
Draven

Mount Sterling, KY



About
Hi, I'm Draven. I'm a father, philosopher, artist, writer, poet, and musician. I have a passion for the world and a deep love of all people in it. These are pieces of poetry or bits of writing t.. more..

Writing
Acknowledgements Acknowledgements

A Chapter by Draven


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Draven


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Draven