ARABELLAMORTIMERHENDRY/SUPERNATURAL

ARABELLAMORTIMERHENDRY/SUPERNATURAL

A Story by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

little blog i am writing about ghosts and why us a race are so interested in them. I thought i should write something i know quite alot about. this is a blog i have been wanting to do for a while.

"
Ghost. A term which describes a person who is dead,that still wonders about on Earth
Throughout the years peoples fascination with the supernatural has grown. However there are many people out there who are skeptical of these beings.

Everything around us is of solid matter. Everything around us we can touch and see. So quite naturallyhumans can only relate to things that they can see. The majority of us like to think we are alone in the galaxy. That no other life forms could be out there. Some people also like to think that there is no life after death. 

Throughout the years, there have been countless stories of "Haunting s" passed down from generation to generation. And from history books to books. In some parts of the world Halloween is celebrated. But most people do not "delve" into the supernatural like some who celebrate it. Instead they just accept that there could be life after death and carry on with there lives. 

In the majority of films, Ghosts are portrayed as evil and demonic creatures. In children s films such as "Caspar"  they are nice and interested in the world around them.  I would like to tell the reader now that the behavior of any ghost depends on the sort of person they were, when they were alive.

Every " Haunted place" in the world is different. For example if you enter a building and it lets off a strong Atmosphere. More than likely something emotionally distressing has happened in there in the past. To describe it in a more simple form. Imagine a person imprints a pasting of there painted hand, on a wall of a house. The print of the hand might fade over time, but it will never go. Even if you paint over the hand to cover it up, it will still always be there. 

Ghosts are people who can not go into the light/pass over. This is because they may have died traumatically, or something is holding them back. They can never find peace within themselves and so they are trapped in a time wrap. There are many different types of haunting.

One of these, is when the spirit is not aware of the world changing around them.But instead they are trapped in repeating there own death over and over again.  Another type of haunting is the one when The spirit materializes to people and then vanishes into thin air. 

Of course not every spirit shows itself. Unlike us they have to "feed" off the energy of a person or an object. Or even in some cases an emotional situation. The supernatural "activity" depends purely on the energy the ghost has.

If your wondering what it is like to encounter a ghost. I have had my fair share of experiences. I used to live in a Georgian house. In the olden days the house was a farm ( Laurels Farm house) And so was the main house in the village at that time.
opposite the house, over the road there was what is not a public bridleway. But back then it was property of Laurels Farm house.

I remember when i first saw her. I was about twelve years old, and crying in the study because a family friend, had passed away. There was a strange atmosphere around me. The usual sort that engulfs you when someone dies. I looked up and saw a transparent figure standing in the doorway. I couldn't see there face just the outline. However i could make out the hem of the dress she was wearing. 

I looked in the doorway for any traces, that my eyes were playing a trick on me. Yet it was very clear to distinguish the starting point of the outline from the door. I sat there for about ten minutes wondering what i should do. was she evil? why was she looking at me. 

I always had the feeling of being watched when i was in that house. It felt like someone was following me around but when i turned around to see who it was. There was of course no-one there. Little occurrences started to happen around the house, and i noticed them more because i knew who caused them. I wasn't afraid i was interested and intrigued.

I told my family about " Lucy" but they never really  believed me. Some nights i would wake up, and see Lucy walking through my bedroom walls. And then as i got older she didn't run through my walls anymore. But would reside on the steps to the bathroom in the hall, Looking up at me whenever i went to the loo in the middle of the night.

There was the one time however, when a relative of mine complained about " The stench of rotting flesh" coming from her wardrobe in the middle of the night. I could not help but feel sorry for the ghost who haunted our house.  However i could not talk with her on any level, as she was the type to appear and go. 

As i said I was not scared of her.But there was one night when i was scared. I was in bed and the darkness of the night engulfed my room. I had a big mirror near the side i slept. I suddenly felt a very strong feeling of being watched, but this was not a good feeling. I opened my eyes to confront whoever it was. 
I looked in the reflection to see what was behind me. near my radiator stood a tall black shadow figure. I shut my eyes and tried to ignore it as it was quite frightening. 
 
I started doing some research. I came across "Shadow Ghosts" and "ORBS" and other such stuff. However I was not sure which one of those Lucy was.  So I just grew to accept her. As time passed, the activity in my house started to grow.
 
My mother would go out to the shops. and so I was left alone in the house to look after the
animals. The living room apparently used to be the old "entrance hall". But now we used it as a living room, to sit down and watch television. There was one occurrence when the dogs sat around the window and growled/barked at it constantly for an hour. It was
only after that, I found out the window they had been barking at used to be the front
door.
 
Ill always remember that one day when my mother left me in the house, alone. I was
sat with the dogs in the living room. Only one in the house. When suddenly I felt
that strange atmosphere engulf the house. Now for those of you who have not experienced this, ill try and explain it for you.
 
"The atmosphere" is the feeling of not being the only one in the room, or the house that you are in. Logically you can see that your the only one in the room. But if you
"sense" beyond that, then that's when you pick up the other "being"
 
The only sounds I could hear, was the television and the gentle ticking of the clock.
I suddenly thought I heard a cat running around the hallway upstairs. We had four
cats ( one lived in the barn outside, but the other two remained in the house)
and they would often run around upstairs in the daytime. I tried to ignore it.
However when a massive thud came from upstairs, It got my full attention.
 
The floorboards upstairs, were creaky and so you could always tell if someone
was coming down to the stairs, or about to. My heart began to flutter and I tried
to concentrate on the TV. The dogs were fast asleep beside me. after that THUD
the noise stopped for about five minutes. And then it came back, but this time,
it sounded like someone was definitely running around upstairs.
 
The noise was too heavy footed to be an animal, of any sort. I froze on the sofa,
confused as what I should do. Did they know I was in the house? were they stuck
in a time loop? or was it Lucy trying to scare me? I wanted to ring someone and
tell them, but that might of attracted the ghosts attention to me even more, and
I didn't want that. So I just sat there, becoming more frightened by the second.
 
They became louder and louder. And then suddenly the noise had reached the top
of the stairs. The floorboard let off the "CREEK" that told me if someone was coming
down the stairs.  
 
I am going to stray from this story, because I thought the readers would like to know.
I have moved house now, and live in sussex. We have never experienced anything
paranormal in this house.
 
Yesterday i was looking into my reflection to see my hair colour and i suddenly saw a person rush behind me towards the kitchen. thinking it was my mum and i called out to her but she had been in the living room the whole time . and so when i was home alone i called out saying that if there was anybody there, for them to manifest themselves in an orb in a photo that i would take. and it did.

© 2013 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 5, 2013
Tags: ARABELLAMORTIMERHENDRY

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing