The Road Taken!

The Road Taken!

A Story by Aravindhan

Adjusting my helmet so that it fits snugly, I started out for the, well, not so long, 6 km ride to my coaching centre. An activa that has seen better days is to be my companion. Whirring loudly, I triumphantly glanced back at the police outpost I just crossed.


 After all, one does not get his license at 16 in India, does he?!


Afraid that I might be frostbitten, I slowed down to a 20, easing down on the gushing cold 5:30 am morning wind. As if I am the protagonist in a melodrama, early birds on the road give me curious looks. Ignoring them, I give a burst of throttle to be ushered into pitch darkness, pertaining to the absence of street lamps. No, let me make myself clearer: the absence of functioning street lights.


Alas, I (sadly) am no Harry Potter to flick my wand to bring on the lights and so, I move on.

And finally, as I reach the centre, am welcomed with a soft glow of a fading bulb from the windows. There ends my early morning saga. Of course, it is to be continued the next day!

 

 

© 2013 Aravindhan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 21, 2013
Last Updated on April 21, 2013
Tags: driving, education, morning, winter

Author

Aravindhan
Aravindhan

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
A 12th standard student in Chennai, who loves to write and photograph... more..