Chapter 21/22 *Untitled*

Chapter 21/22 *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

OOOKAY ALL BACK AGAIN WITH ANOTHER INSTALLMENT *LONG OVERDO I KNOW* OF DARE, this ones about another make up between Dare and Volt and the start of their quest to find Darius~ Enjoy!

"
I paused my search in a park, resting on a bench my feet aching horribly, realizing how true I made the unfit American stereotype. I’m sure I had only walked a few miles and I already felt the fatigue in my bones and muscles. Sighing, I hung my head on the back of the bench, my hair tickling my nose and wanting nothing more than to curl into a ball and sleep. But no, I couldn’t do that, Darius was still missing and I still had no lead as to where he might be.

When I reached the school, I finally saw just how badly I had planned this excursion, and of course by planning I meant the lack of one. I had decided to do this almost on a whim with only a hunch that he was in trouble to guide me, and a feeling is no good as a map. After almost an hour of mindless wandering I had begun to seriously question my sanity and of course was mentally punching myself for not getting his cell number. I mean he’s my freaking anchor you’d think I could at least call him if I was having some sort of psychic breakdown or something, you know to save myself the awkward time of going to a probably unhelpful hospital and getting shoved in a psych ward for saying Help, my bodies falling apart because I’m housing an alien power that lets me read your minds and other crazy stuff that you wouldn’t possibly believe…well removing the assumption you don’t think I’m crazy already.  I groaned in exasperation and ran my hands down my face, in a failed attempt at calming myself, then bit my lip, the full force of my actions finally hitting me.

I had left Volt, my best and for the longest time only friend for close to ten years, broken hearted and distraught, clearly violated Ryan’s fifteen minute rule, probably getting him into a heap of trouble, and of course ditched school something my parents would definitely punish me for and  all of it for a boy, a boy I barely knew. But he was a boy  who I trusted…who I had to trust, because he was the key to my power, and…he had become my friend.


Suddenly my cell phone rang, snapping me out of my reverie, my soul sinking to the bottom of my being, my mind racing through the possible people who could be calling me. The school for one, which though would be awkward but not nearly as destroying if it was my parents who where option two. Of course it could be my brother who was just released from being questioned and beaten to a bloody pulp because I vanished, and would be able to guilt trip me to no end. I shivered and with trembling hands answered my phone.

“Hello?” I asked, the other end nervously.
“Oh my god Dare, you finally picked up, I’ve been trying to call you for like the past five minutes, how’ve you missed it?” A frantic Volt asked sounding out of breath and worried., “And why do you sound like you want to pee you’re pants?”

I let out a sigh of relief, my heart rate returning to normal…it was Volt, my partner in crime who I presumed had decided to follow me after all. I bit my lip again, my temporary joy deflating as I remembered what I had said to her.
“Look Volt, I’m fine but… I wanted to tell you sorry…you know for being an utter-”
“A*s?”
“Well I was going to say jerk but-”
“A*s.”
“Fine an a*s, a complete an utter a*s, a typical testosterone high, sex drive driven, block headed male, and I’m sorry.”
“You’re forgiven, now where are you?” She laughed and I could almost feel her smile on the other end, “By the way, I would’ve accepted you’re apology with you admitting you’re an a*s, but the other bits where nice too.”
I pursed my lips, “ I know, and I’m at a park, uhm let’s see.”

I turned around and searched for  a sign, one that told me where I was. I had to wander around for a little bit but I finally found it virtually completely hidden under a canopy of vines. Obviously a gardener hadn’t been here in ages.

“Sandy Cliff’s, that the name of the park.”
“Okay…let me GPS that real fast…” There was a pause as Volt typed the name into her smart phone’s GPS, “Ok great I’m not too far from you, be there in a few.”

Then she hung up, forgetting to say goodbye, obviously someone wasn’t as happy as she let on. I sat and waited, and found out that Volt’s version of “in a few” was apparently close to another hour, of course she might’ve done this just as a final way to get even with me so I tried not to be too mad about it.

“What took you?” I asked when she arrived, her highlighted hair bouncing with each step.
“I ended up taking a wrong turn and stopped at a deli to get something to eat, the place was packed, guess it’s a popular hang out,” She said twirling her hair absentmindedly on her finger.

Yep she definitely did it to get back at me, but the good news was that she had totally forgiven me, the proof was that she let me have her sandwich, one that had bacon and Italian sausage, both of which foods she hated (claiming that bacon and sausages and the like where the devil incarnated as meat, tasty and delicious on the outside, but fattening and killer on the inside, a notion that’s obviously ridiculous, we all know bacon is the meaning of life). 

I took a bite out of  the sandwich, savoring the greasy smoky taste, and listened to Volt as she began to ask me questions, most of which I was only able to answer with no, or no idea, or Honestly Volt, I’ve said no to the others why would this one be a yes? 

She sighed and ended her interrogation, “So pretty much we’re just where we started , at nothing? No leads, just your hunch which is only telling you something bad is happening or is going to happen to Darius.”
“Well…yes…” When she put it like that it made my power seem really useless, but it was the truth, my other ability telepathy was absolutely out of the question.
“Ok then, we need to come up with a game plan,” She said standing up and taking charge starting to walk the way she came. The time finally putting itself in perspective for me. It was past three my parents definitely knew I was gone now, Mr. Volt would’ve called them for sure.

“Well then, it seems to me the first thing to do is to try and call him.” Volt continued a little ways down the gravel path heading to the sidewalk.
“And how do you propose we get his number?”
“The school.”
“They’re not gonna let us just walk in and ask for it you know.”
“I know.”
“Then wh-. Oh no, you can’t possibly be thinking about breaking in.”
“Of course not,” she said with a grin.
“You’re still a horrid liar,” I said crossly, “How the hell are we supposed to even do this huh?”
“I dunno, you figure that bit out, I already came up with a first step.”
“Dick.”
“Love you too, Dare,” She said batting her eyes at me jokingly, “Now come on, I’m gonna need you to come up with a convincing lie about why we weren’t at school when my Dad came to get us.”
“Great so I get to fend for the demons alone.”
“Not Alone, I’ll be with you in spirit, you know right next to you, being utterly quiet.”

I shot her a menacing look as we stood at a lone bus stop near the park, but she only laughed, and soon I had to laugh too. It was good to have her back, she was as much apart of my life as I was apart of her’s to separate us would be to take a piece of ourselves away. I smiled up at her and pushed thoughts of impending parental doom behind me, and as we boarded the bus concentrated on only enjoying her company.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
FAN ART STILL WANTED! MESSAGE ME!!!
ok and please ignore grammar problems but how was the dialogue and description and writing quality? Did it seem...uhm...like a professional publishable story? And uhm yeah hope the characters seem about the same...been awhile since i wrote anything

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
LOL wicked plan! Volt really doesn't know how to lie. Loved this chapter! 100/100
:D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yes the make up chapter :3 their banter is so cute~
.

11 Years Ago

:D lol
haha...ha...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol Volt~ gotta love her

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing