Chapter 25/26 *Untitled*

Chapter 25/26 *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Oh lord this chap took way longer than i thought its almost 11pm :/ anyway sorry this one is kinda long hope the length is okay lots of talking and alot revealed hope you enjoy :3

"
Volt walked out the door of the school and down the steps towards her father, trying to decide what to say to her father and suddenly wondering how she would know Dare had succeeded. What he just suddenly turn around and leave or would it be a subtle thing like saying he forgot his cell phone at work?  She wished now she had asked for more specifics and instantly chastised herself. Dare couldn’t tell her any more than she could ask, he was just as clueless as she was, and he was doing the hard part. She would never have to know what it felt like to be crushed by a wave of thoughts, and for the first time realized that Dare’s gifts might be more of a curse than a gift unless he could get training, and that’s why they where going through all this trouble. For Darius. He was the key.

She made a face, why did Darius have to be the one with all the answers? Why couldn’t it have been her, that boy was stealing her friend from him and as much as she hated it she couldn’t see an alternative. Without him Dare would definitely die, she didn’t need to know the specifics to figure that much out, her mind instantly going back to the time his telepathy first awakened. This power wasn’t something to toy with, it was deadly and powerful, no matter what someone would get hurt. She just hoped it wouldn’t be him.

“Hey dad,” Volt said, instantly killing her irritated expression, replacing it with one of a happy daughter who has seen the error of her ways.
“Where’s Dare?” Mr. Volt asked suspiciously.
“Oh, he went to the bathroom,” She said dismissively, “He should be back soon enough.”
“Though,” She added, thinking quickly “Only one bathroom is open right now, the one at the back of the school, the others had a plumbing issue.”

That should buy him a few extra minutes Volt thought with some satisfaction. Suddenly there was a scream. I high pitched heart wrenching scream, the type of scream that stops people in there tracks and turns your blood to ice. Volt and her father turned around, Volt with a sense of dread, and ran up the stairs to where a crowd was forming. 

“Move! MOVE! MOVE DAMN YOU PEOPLE!” Volt cried pushing through the crowd, her heart pounding in her throat.

Please be okay, please be okay please be ok- 

Volt stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes widening, a strangled gasp escaping her mouth. Her fear had been right, on the steps sat Dare, sweating and unconscious, a gash on his forehead from where he fell, a small pool of blood surrounding it. Volt fell to her knees as her dad came up behind her and took a sharp intake of breath, she barely felt his comforting hands on her shoulders. The rest of the world fell away until only Dare was in her sights. Dare and her own regrets. She should’ve stopped him, she should’ve changed his mind, she knew the danger but she let him anyway, why had she done that? It had nothing to do with his seeming confidence. Was she subconsciously trying to get back at Darius by letting her best friend get hurt? Or even worse was she trying to get back at Dare for paying more attention to him than her.

He had been right, she was jealous.

“Okay everyone, move out the way, an ambulance is coming,” The school principle said, wrenching her from her thoughts, the grief now more evident than it was before.

“What happened?” The principle asked her.

Volt shook her head, not trusting herself to speak.

A girl next to the principle cleared her throat and said, “He just collapsed, I thought he had stooped down to pick something up b-but then he just…” She pointed at him without saying anything, it was obvious enough what had happened next, “…I screamed when I saw the blood.”

The principle nodded and gestured for the girl to follow him. Mr. Volt guided his shell shocked daughter to the  steps outside, slightly away from where Dare lay unconscious and took out his cell phone. After a slight pause he began to speak.

“Hey Jill, it’s John.” He said with a glance to the boy at his feet, and he ran a hand through his brown hair nervously, he hated having to tell Dare’s parents about how there son had fallen unconscious has a gaping head wound and is now about to be taken to the hospital, “No, I’ve got Volt…that’s not the issue.”

A pause.

“It’s Dare, he’s….he’s well,” Mr. Volt fiddled with the collar of his suit, “He’s being taken to the hospital.”

Mr. Volt winced and pulled the phone away from his ear as the extremely loud response came in from the other end.

“The ambulance is pulling up now, you can meet us there. Okay? Bye,” He ended the call with a sigh and headed down the stairs to the paramedics, the principle following him quickly, the young lady behind him.

Volt, beginning to recover from her initial shock,  got up and numbly walked over to the ambulance where they where just ending their questioning of what happened and sending someone with a stretcher to get the body.

“Be gentle,” She croaked out when the men returned with his body.

They looked at her, saw her tear streaked face, red eyes, and nodded, not wanting to disturb the girl any more than she already was. Volt watched as they began to hook Dare up to an IV and other medical instruments blinked to life. 

“I’m going with Dare,” She said to her dad.
“But-”
“I’m going with him.” She said again, firmly.

Her dad sighed and nodded and Volt climbed in the ambulance, taking hold of Dares hand when she got a situated. Then the ambulance doors closed and off they went.


Darius’s eyes flew open with a gasp and he instantly began planning his escape. There was the obvious door in front of him, the window, the hole in the floor he could drop down, the…He stopped thinking just then noticing that his hands and feet where bound. Silently cursing he strained behind him to see with what and groaned. Metal. Steel probably, at least two inches thick, he wouldn’t be able to break them with just his strength.

“Finally awake Darius?” A voice said from the shadows.

Darius twisted around his eyes locking on the figure that once was his sister, Delta.

“Don’t ask questions you know the answers too Delta.”
Delta laughed, “Always ready to get right to the point aren’t you.”
“I don’t like wasting time, especially with meaningless banter.”
“Last time I checked, you couldn’t “like” anything, you sure learn fast don’t you.”
“I do.”

There was a pause and Darius could tell she had expected more from him, probably more screaming and yelling and begging, but he wasn’t going to give her that satisfaction, he refused to do it again.

“Why am I still alive?” Darius asked breaking the silence.

Delta sighed and unwrapped another lollipop, tossing the wrapper on the ground and popping it into her mouth.

“Because, despite what you may believe I do still have a heart, and I really don’t want to kill you,” She sounded so genuine that Darius almost believed her. Almost. But he wasn’t fooled, no one could be selective psycho. There was only sane, and crazy, and Delta had definitely crossed into psycho territory.

“Cut the crap, we both know that’s a lie, what is it really? Couldn’t get through my wall? Wanted me to be conscious so you could torture me some more?”
“Don’t be ridiculous your pathetic Anchor based barrier is match for my psychic powers, I know all about Omega now…and your feelings for him.”
Darius’s blood froze, “What are you talking about?”
Delta laughed, “Oh don’t lie Darius, I see now why you go through such lengths to protect him.”
“I protect him because its my job, I’m his Anchor.”
“No, its not, it’s a lie  you’re telling yourself because you don’t understand these feelings yourself but let me tell you what it is, I’m very aware of it.”

She moved forward and stopped an inch from his face, her lollipop now in her hand. When she breathed out her breath smelled like cherry. Darius stayed straight faced and stoic just as he used to when he had no emotions. Delta moved closer and whispered in his ear.

“You love him.”

Darius’s breath caught in his throat, his emotionless demeanor crumbled, as she uttered those three words.

“No,” He breathed out shakily, his voice didn’t sound convincing even to himself.
“Yes,” Delta said, “And the best part is,” she dragged a finger along his neck, “You’ll break his heart.”

Delta laughed and the bonds on Darius’s arms fell away, Delta removing them with a snap of her fingers and just a small portion of her will. Darius sat there eyes wide and stared at his hands. You’ll break his heart. That phrase echoed over and over in his mind. This was why she let him live, because she knew he would ruin himself.

The paramedics quickly rolled Dare away and Volt was forced to wait in the lobby with her dad for Dare’s parents who had still not arrived. She still couldn’t believe what had happened to him and was thinking about it when Mr. and Mrs. Scottsdale appeared in a rush around the corner, Ryan close behind them looking extremely beaten.

Many eyes fell on him as he walked past, people forming different scenerios for how that could’ve happened. Street fight, abusive parents, drunken accident, the list was endless, but no one said anything, they where to busy worrying about their own loved ones.

“Where is he?” Mr. Scottsdale asked when they reached him.
“In the ER, getting his head looked at, he has a nasty cut on the side of it.”
“Was it deep?” Mrs. Scottsdale asked
 Volt’s dad shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Ryan sat down next to her while their parents talked an awkward silence ensuing. Volt stole a glance at him and yet again wondered how brothers could look different from each other. Ryan’s hair was straight and light brown where as his brothers was wavy bordering on blood red.

“What are you looking at,” Ryan asked her defensively.
“Nothing,” She turned the other way just as the doctor walked out wearing a neutral expression.

This cant be good  She thought. She stood up and grabbed her fathers hand who pulled her close into a comforting hug.

“Hi I’m Dr. Rodriguez, I’ll be tending to Damian while he remains here.”

Remains? So something has gone wrong.

“Though he’s stable, he’s shown no signs of waking up, we believe it was the head injury that has caused his current state.”
“And what is his current state?”  Dare’s father asked stiffly.
“He’s in a coma, he’s shown no sign of waking up since it happened.”

Silence at those words. He’s in a coma, it’s my fault Volt pulled her father closer and fought back tears, everyone else looked to be in various states of shock…except for his mother. She turned and looked at Volt her eyes boring into hers and it felt like she could see every thought Volt had without being psychic, the feeling chilled her to the bone.

“I have a phone call to make,” Was all she said when she broke eye contact.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
Okay~ Hope you enjoyed this, tell me how you feel about the big Darius secret~ I'm curious how you all are gonna react to that, and of course how was the dialogue, description and all that jazz. Who's your fav char now :o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Delta: telekinetic
telepath
psychopath

She's so amazing! But sick. I'm glad Darius didn't end up like Isabella. Ech, that wouldn't have been good. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh dear should i be worried?
Woah, a great chapter/chapters? Anyway, there is so much hardcore detail and imagery, its fantastic. Still following along :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOL she is hot and yes IT IS gonna be a series oh how i love the decisions of fellow men >;3
Michael Perez

11 Years Ago

Oh, no problem. Btw, are you still looking for fan art? And what style? Mangaish or...?
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yes i am looking for fan art lol and any style is fine just a picture lol
It sounds yaoi bloody type once again

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol welllll Darius does like Dare~
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

haahaha
OMG... my fave character is Delta wahaha just kidding...
It's Darius and slight for Dare...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

oh... Volt is popular huh
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yeah Dare has always been kinda middle ish in the Like train
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

even though he was the main character
Okay, again, plot is rushed and smashed together and what, darius wants guy on guy action? Dare is in a coma out of the blue when last I checked doctors should be baffled because he fell on the floor, what gave him the gash? did he just bounce his head on the floor, because then I totally missed some major detail because all this crazy stuff happened in one chapter. *inhale*

Anyway, i would have to say that dare is my favorite, is it weird that I feel he does not have as much character as the other two? His entire personality consists of fear of his and volt's parents, sarcasm, biting his lips and ajusting to these crazy powers. It really lets me inject part of myself into his personality rather than it definately being Dare, I don't know if thats what you intended but thats how i see it. *inhales again*

Anyway I like this story soooo much its a shame I'm such a fast reader.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh well he slammed his head on the floor when he fell on unconcious its not that surprising thats wh.. read more
ShadowFaux

11 Years Ago

ADD FILLER my friend, master the art of transition form one scene to the next. you have the opposite.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yeah....i tend to be vey direct no nonsense...kinda like Darius, I will definetly attempt to add fil.. read more
I liked this enjoyable chapter.
Keep on the excellent work!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

thanks :3
Man I got to admit, you know how to spin a good story. Brillanty crafted, do I sense a little Twain influence? So poginant but still so hard hitting./

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

Thanks lol~ I'm glad you think so this story has been kinda mellow so far in terms of poignancy lol,.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

OH yeah idk if it seemed like it but I'M DEEPLY MOVED BY YOUR COMPLIMENT! I'm glad you think my writ.. read more
Oh My God! How could Delta say something like this about her brother!!
My favorite character is Volt. I wonder what next chapter would be about. Really good piece of writing. Keep writing. ^.^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Well, when I start to read a book I won't get in peace until it finishes. Lol. Its my habit.
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol thats good to know~
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

^.^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..