Chapter 27/28 *Untitled*

Chapter 27/28 *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Woot Dare's back in action~ Tis a short chapter not much else to say lol ENJOY!

"
It was dark. Dark and loud, voices swarmed around me, too many for me to understand, too many for me to break free of. I struggled against them, trying to break free but it was to no avail, I was forever stuck in this state, forever almost awake, but forever asleep. Suddenly there was a light, a light in the darkness, and a familiar warmth spread over me, Darius? But…that was impossible, he’d vanished for weeks, how  could he know I was in trouble now?

I opened  my eyes slowly, squinting against the light, waiting for them to adjust to it. I turned my head slowly letting my nausea subside, then my eyes focused on the figure in the room. Black hair fell over his face, much longer than it had been before, but I’d recognize him anywhere. It was Darius.

I stared for a moment, a look of obvious surprise on my face, my eyes glued to his. Eventually, they moved down to where he was still holding my hand. His gaze followed mine and  he quickly removed it. The silence continued for a few minutes, I myself trying to come up with some witty comment, but in the end settled with the simple mundane greeting.

“Hi,” I said to him in a dry croak of a voice that sounded like I’d decided to rub my vocal chords with sandpaper.
“Hi,” He said, still trying to hold a nuetral expression that was neither happy or sad, just there.
“The others know I’m awake?”
“No.”
“How long was I asleep?”
He shrugged, “I don’t know.”
“Much help you are huh?” I said sarcastically.
“I’d like to think so.” He  said totally oblivious to my cynical joking
I sighed, “Darius, I wasn’t being…oh never mind, I feel like s**t, where’s the doctor?”

Darius opened his mouth to speak but at that moment a nurse walked in. She was bent over a clipboard, completely oblivious to the fact that I was awake and Darius was in the room. I suppressed a laugh and watched as she silently went to the other monitors, look at numbers and reset other machines. Finally when she was about to reinsert the I.V in my arm I cleared my throat.

The nurse jumped and dropped the needle, and began looking around as if she were just waking up from a dream. I laughed and Darius grinned slightly.

“I-I’ll get the doctor now, Damian,” She said, turning red and  turning to hurry out the room.
“Ok,” I croaked, “…Do you have any water per chance? My throat is killing me.”
“Yes, I’ll bring some in.”
“Thanks.”

A few minutes later the doctor arrived with the nurse, who handed me a cup of water, and then commenced examining me, the doctor waving Darius out. Look left, look right, look up, look down, how many fingers am I holding up? It was all pretty tedious but eventually they finished; they decided it was ok for me to leave and that’s when I was bombarded by my family Volt, Ryan, Mom, Dad, Mr. Volt, and to my surprise Darius, though he remained in the corner of the room out of the way of the others, smiling from where he stood.

I let them fuss over me for a few minutes then cleared my throat and turned my attention to Darius.

“So, you’ll be at school on Monday?”

All eyes turned on him, and for the first time he looked awkward, his too big clothes making him look smaller and more frightened than he was. I caught my mothers glare and she softened her gaze…slightly.

Darius loosened the collar of his shirt before replying, “Yes.”
“Okay then, lets get me out of here.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
Tell meh whatcha think :3 Welcome to the....middle end i guess lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ugh... sigh.... sigh....sigh
I finished the middle end ! yay

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really good ^_^
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

thanks :3
awwwe, what a nice way to end a mid-climax to your story. I can't wait for an update.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

probably around....10-12 pacific time
*has hw to do b4*
ShadowFaux

11 Years Ago

Ah, homework, those were the good old days...
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol and i failed to finish it in a timely fashion :/ so the new chap is like partly done lol
Lol, middle end eh?? Anyways pretty good. Darius is back :/.. Nice though ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yeah we are approaching the end of the middle i think....lol...theres still the winter formal an.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Okay cool, ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on August 18, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..