Chapter Eleven: Home

Chapter Eleven: Home

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel

Chapter Eleven: Home
Evon

Eh well...hi. I guess... 

I honestly have no idea what the f**k to say right now. I have half a mind to insert an irritating texty little lingo thingy like L.O.L right here (you know me, just have to have the totally random ice breaker) but that would just be like... What? You still think in abbreviated instant messaging terms even though you haven't been able to use a phone or tap into the world wide link thing, that no really understands but the creators, in four years? Why yes. Yes I do. Considering half of those messages were relayed directly into my freaking brain, I think it would make sense that there was just a bit of a lasting impression there. You know...in the form of eh, I don't know, never forgetting?! 

Yeek, now that's got me thinking bout what other side effects there could be. I realize I never really considered what the aftershock to having a piece of, well, virtually radioactive metal embedded in my head would have on my...head? Brain? Take your pick. Which, ha, is kinda sad, cause well...that's a bit of a big deal ya know. Like you'd think I'd have thought about it sooner... I wonder how many people they accidently lobotomized before me. You know, just, Whoops, there goes Bob's will. Now isn't that a comforting thought.

Meh, well at least if something happened that fried my brain and killed me I wouldn't be missing out on much. He, or well...anything really.

Morbid? I think not!

Awkward? Eh.... I say...well...maybe...yeah...

Just a tad?

ANYWAY!

I think I was staring at Nicoli, but I wasn't sure. Well, it was either him or that suddenly really fascinating speck on the wall right behind him, but you know what? That doesn't really matter. Nor do I care. Actually I kinda do, so well that was a bit of a lie. You know a specky lie, a small lie, a really insignificant lie, but you know what, I'm rambling cause, well, how the heck did I get here again? 

Ah yeah, that's right the magical speck that had suddenly materialized out of er...thin air? Or perhaps it was really a hole in the wall and with that logic I guess it would have appeared out of like...wall. And hey what the hell does that even mean: "thin air", like how can air be thin? Is there fat air? Does our air needa go on a diet? Is that why we can't breath the air outside cause it's too fat? Is that what fat air is? Gosh, sometimes I just don't understand how human minds work, how do you make the connection between gift horses and mouths? Actually I get that one, though it's like soooo prehistoric now, like dude, who the hell uses horses anymore? Psshah!

Either way, I really wanted to ask Julius about that speck, if, you know, that dot, that little, teeny tiny, less than one centimeter by one centimeter circular thing... had always been there or if it was new. I was really leaning towards the whole it was new idea cause like this place was freaking spotless. Seriously, my reflection had a reflection it was so clean. It was worse than a freaking hospital! Though meh, I could've just been imaging it, you know taking my mind off what it was pre-occupied with at the moment. With the, uh, real deep and philosophical s**t; thoughts contemplating the origins of order and chaos, cause you know, I'm such a freaking deep person. 

Oh my god. Holy s**t. Holy s**t. Holy s**t. Holy s**t. Holy f*****g s**t!

Yeah, that was pretty much the entirety of my mind at the moment. Deep right? So, so so, deep. Yeah...

Not.

But hey, don't blame me, my mind was like freaking blown! Like BOOM! You know, I was just like stuck on what had just happened. I couldn't believe it, I'm pretty sure I was delusional, there's no way that everything that happened really did. I mean, Akes? Showing, emotion? You know besides the whole bad a*s I can snap you in half with a glance stuff. I mean just like...whoa.

Oh my god, Akes knows Nicoli.

Holy s**t

Oh shiz, Nicoli just punched Akes.

Holy s**t.

Whoa, Akes just sat there and took it.

Holy s**t.

Wait... Akes has a heart? 

HOLY F*****G S**T!

Yeah that's what I was stuck on. The whole encounter just kept replaying over and over and over again in my head. Every time I kept expecting some different twist ending but nothing changed. It really happened. I glanced at Akes face, and stared at the growing bruise on his cheek, the mark that solidified it all. I just couldn't believe it. It really f*****g happened. 

It really f*****g happened!

And of course that brings us back to the present. You know that extremely awkward present that has Nicoli staring daggers at Julius, Akes looking like a whipped puppy who just got it's paw stepped on, Sally standing behind Nicoli like a protective Mother Duck who holds an AK47, Victor a foreboding statue waiting to come to life, and of course Julius, resting with an amiable smile on his face, his signature tinted sunglasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

I shifted uncomfortably where I stood, dude, was he like totally blind? Seriously! How could he just be sitting there? I mean the tension was strong. Like really strong, like almost palpable, and Julius was sitting there like he was having a beach vacation. How could he manage that when Nicoli looked like he was ready to jump the desk and rip his f*****g throat out with his bare hands... Granted that would probably require a lot of strength and there would be a lot of blood...and sharp nails. Oh god now I have an image of Nicoli as a weird a*s zombie out to eat our brains. Bad. Yeah that's really not the image I want in my head. Awkward. Pushing that away.

Maybe he'd use his teeth instead...

OKAY! No! Time to turn my attention elsewhere.

I looked around the room, the silence was suffocating, I cleared my throat. "Hey...where the heck's Dale?" My voice sounded loud in the quiet room, though I knew that was impossible, considering well it was still kinda raspy.

Everyone jumped, well, you know, everyone but Julius, who just seemed to be waiting for us to join him in his summer wonderland, or wherever the f**k he decided to put his psyche in the moment. See, told you silence is hell, definitely not worth a lump of gold. Ha! Ridiculous.

Sally spoke first, the hand placed on Nicoli's shoulder tightening slightly. "He left awhile ago, don't know where though, he didn't say."

The room lapsed back into silence and I shifted my position slightly. I didn't do well when there was nothing to occupy my mind with, I just had an urge to move.

"I'm sure he's fine," Julius finally said, smile still in place, leaning into a more presentable sitting position. "Probably going to do his daily duties which reminds me-" He turned his attention to the three newcomers, "You'll need to be assigned a station too, that is, assuming you're staying?"

Nicoli glared, but the three nodded. What was his deal? Didn't this beat being on the run out there? Why wasn't he happy with being here where it was safe, stable and protected?

Julius's smile broadened and he clapped his hands together. "Splendid!" He stood, and walked around his desk to stand in front of the "immigrants". "You," he said, pointing at Victor. He looked him up and down once, before finishing his statement. "You look like a big strong man, I'll put you in Dante's division. You have some experience in mechanics correct?"

Victor's eyes widened slightly, but he showed no other surprise. "Yeah, I used ta work in da shop with ma, pops, back before da world ended."

"Wonderful!" He turned to Sally, "Now you, I think you'd be best in the medical division with Winston, that would be okay right?"

Sally blanched and stuttered. "Well I-I suppose. I was training to be a doctor before...you know."

I looked down at Nicoli as he looked away from Julius to shot me a what the f**k look. I shrugged my shoulders? What was there for me to say, so he had some lucky guesses, big whoop.

"Ah, now last but not least, you Mr. Dolore," He smiled at him, the boy only glared more fiercly at him.

"And where do you want to put me oh wise and all knowing Julius?" Nicoli said mockingly, fake bowing in the process.

Akes shot him a look, Nicoli, glared defiantly back, before whipping his gaze to me, a look saying, you got something to say b***h? I put my hands up in a placating gesture, yeah, I had no, freaking desire to be on his bad side. Julius though showed no outward signs of irritation and just kept smiling. It was incredible how he could just stay so positive all the time.

"Well, I'm going to put you in defense with Alex of course, I know you're more than capable in that department."

Nicoli, set his jaw, his demeanor darkening even more. "Of course that's where you'd put me." He growled darkly. It wasn't a statement, it was a threat, and it sent shivers down my spine. 

Yep it was official, the dude was going to slit Julius's throat in his sleep, somehow, one way or another, I'd know who to blame when he turned up dead.

"It's great isn't it?" Julius said not missing a beat. "The perfect spot for you."

"Yeah, I'm ecstatic, radiating with joy." Nicoli rolled his eyes, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Is that all?"

"Ye-No!" Julius clapped his hands together, "You're sleeping arrangements! That's very important! Well, then, considering you hate for Alex...Akes, whatever, take your pick, I'm going to put you with Evon and Dale," He winked at the glaring boy in front of him. "I'm sure you're happy about that aren't you?"

Nicoli sputtered and turned away, turning red. "Why would that matter? I don't care as long as it's not with Alex." 

"Oh well, I could put you with Winston in that case..."
"No!" His eyes widened at his outburst. "I mean, bunking with Evon is fine. No need to change that."
"And Dale."
"Of course...and Dale." Nicoli huffed. "I'm leaving if that's all." He turned and stormed out the room, not waiting for a response.

Julius sighed. "Akes you better go follow him, he'll get lost otherwise."

The blonde opened his mouth to speak but closed it nodding instead before walking through the automatic door, following in Nicoli's wake.

Julius turned back to Sally and Victor. "Now you two...well...there are no other women to put you with and I'd rather not have you alone, so I guess you two can take one of the free rooms, whichever one you'd like." The two began to leave, but Julius stopped them. "Just, ah, please refrain from being...intimate, in your time here, we don't have the facilities to properly accomodate a newborn yet. I do hope you understand."

Sally blushed and nodded before taking Victor's hand and leaving the room as well. I started to follow but Julius stopped me.

"Ah, Evon, could I have a word with you?"
My brow scrunched in confusion; I scratched my head. "Yeah, sure, what's up?"
"It's nothing bad, I just wanted to ask you to do me a favor."
"Okay...what is it?"

"Well...I don't think Nicoli wants to stay very much, actually I don't think any of them do, but considering the fact that Nicoli is the deciding factor of their little group their opinions don't matter."

My face scrunched further. "And? What do you want me to do about it? If they don't want to stay you can't make them."

"I know, I know, that's why I'm asking you to do me this favor."
"Which is?"

"To befriend Nicoli obviously." He smiled. "If he starts to feel like he has a reason to stay, namely you, then he won't leave. So will you do it?"

I rubbed the back of my head. "I-I don't know, that seems kinda, low..."
"Well don't you want him to like you anyway?"
"Well...yeah bu-"
"And don't you want to show him what a wonderful place this is?"
"Yeah..."
"Then what's the problem?"
"Just...the reasons behind it."

Julius held up his hands in a defeated manner. "Okay, okay, don't do it for me, do it for yourself. Is that better? Does that work?"

"I-I guess."

"Splendid, I can't wait to see your progress, now run along, you need to make sure Nicoli doesn't bite off Akes' head."

I grinned at the prospect, that would be hilarious, and saluted. "Sure thing dude."

-O-O-O-O-O-

"Is it true you killed a swarm of Animate?"
"Are you really from Reyna's camp?"
"Do they really eat people over there?"
"How'd you get out?"
"Do you like it here?"
"Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?!"

Nicoli just stood awkwardly as the twins verbally attacked him with questions. It was strange watching him in this setting, he seemed so awkward with all the attention on him, all the eyes, and I knew he was anything but. The way he made himself seem smaller, wrapping an arm around himself, eyes darting back and forth, a slightly lost and unsure expression on his face. I felt bad for the guy. He obviously didn't talk to people much.

"Um...I...er," He stammered, backing up slightly. "I need to go to the bathroom. Bye." 

Lamest excuse in the book, and everyone knew it, he just needed to get away. He didn't even shoot Akes a glare on the way out.

The twins looked at each other and pouted, as Nicoli made his escape. I chuckled lightly and patted them on there heads. 

"Did he not like us?" Calvin asked turning his big green gaze on me.
"I want him to like us." Hector said grabbing onto my pant leg tightly.
I ruffled their hair. "I'm sure he liked you both just fine, he's just... overloaded ya know?"
"Eh?"
"What does that mean?"
"Is it something bad?"
"Kinda, I guess..." I scratched my head. "I don't think he likes crowds much, you know, being asked all those questions by strangers can be kinda scary. Especially when the dude is by himself like twenty four seven. See?"

"I guess."
"We guess."
"Yeah...what he said."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at them, before prying their fingers off of me. "Now, I'm sure he'll answer your questions later if you find him alone."

The twins grinned widely and jumped onto Akes, who stumbled slightly, looking surprised by the sudden increase in weight, hanging off his arms grinning evilly.

"Hey Akkie." Calvin said voice lilting playfully. "We have a question for you. Right Hec?"
"Yeah, yeah, we have a really important question for our big bad puppy!"
I saw Akes eyebrow twitch but his voice came out steady. "What?"
"Why'd NicNic call you Alex?" Wow I was impressed, they already had a nickname for the guy.
"Yeah, yeah, everyone calls you Akes, why'd you answer to Alex? That name is so plain too."
"And why doesn't NicNic like you?"
"It didn't seem like he liked you."
Calvin giggled. "Yeah, he looked like he wanted to rip your head off."
"So do you know each other?"
"Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?" They exclaimed in unison, jumpng up and down, jostling Akes arms.

Akes groaned, he totally should've seen that one coming. Hell even I saw that one coming, there was no way he was going to get out of getting asked that question. I smirked, I couldn't wait to see him squirm.

I glanced at the others in the room. Dante, Dale, Winston, Matthew, Augustus, Trent, Benedict, Francis, Sally, Victor, and Booker. The few others that weren't in the room were probably busy with other tasks, like the kitchen crew, farming personnel, and scavengers, which is why pretty much everyone in here was in the defense squad. You know, besides me, Dante, Dale, Winston, Matthew, Trent, Sally and Victor, though I don't know if I should count them considering they haven't officially started working yet...but...whatever. Either way, everyone was looking at Akes with a go on then, answer the question expression.

Well besides, Sally, Victor, and I who just looked mildly amused.

"Come on dude, answer the question, we're dyin' to know."

Akes glared at me, but I just smiled innocently in his direction. Finally he conceded with a sigh. "It's my uh...real...name. I know Nicky from before...I used to date his sister."

I grinned and he winced as he heard the collective gasps that enveloped the room.

"Then why does he seem to hate you?" Winston asked.
"Was his sister hot?" Trent contributed.
"Dude that's just gross, don't ask about the guys dead sister." Dante said punching his friend in the arm.

"How do you even know she's dead?" He shot back.
"You don't see here here do ya?"
"Good point."
I leaned back in my chair grinning wickedly as Dale caught my eye. "You knew didn't you?" He asked.

I winked. "Course not, man, I just thought it would be fun to see him squirm."
"You totally did, how'd you find out?"

I waved him over and he quickly crossed the room so I could tell him. "Well, I was with Akes when he first saw Nicoli, and well from there they had a bit of a falling out. See that bruise on his face."

Dale turned and nodded. "Yeah...when did he get that." He looked back at me and my grin widened even more. "No way, he didn't- did he?"

"Oooh yes, the kid decked him to the floor. It was priceless."
Dale's jaw dropped. "And he didn't do anything bout it?"

"No dude, he just sat there looking stunned, the two used to be as close as brothers, I just think he was like in shock or something."

"Holy s**t." Dale whispered in awe. "Holy s**t. I can't believe it."
"I know right, dude, that was my reaction too." I paused. "Well actually it was more like holy f*****g s**t, but you know same idea."

"Where'd Julius stick 'im?"
"With Akes."
"That's not gonna end well is it."
I smirked. "No well in hell dude, I just wish I could be there when the s**t train hits."
"Who's he bunking with?"
"Us."
"Great, gotta move my porn stash."
I shot him a look. "Seriously dude? That's what you're worried about? What about my booze?"
"Think Bennie'll hold onto it?"
I made a face. "Probably if we let him use some."
"Is it worth it?"
"Do we want our new room-mate to find it?"
"Point taken."
"You ask or me?"
"Me, he likes me more, you know got the whole brother from another mother thing going on."
"Dude, cut the crap you're whiter than me."
"Shut up a*s."
"Just go ask him."
He held up his hands. "Okay okay man, I'm goin, goin away." He sing songed away
I shook my head and smiled, watching the commotion go on around me.
God it was good to be back.
Well and alive too.
But ya know, home is where the heart is.


© 2013 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
ello my two readers lol HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS ONE :3 man I have a head ache -.-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Two readers? Who's that?
Anyways, nice chapter again, Tsukin. You pulled this one off greatly

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol okay more like 3 counting urself lol, but yeah only 2 ish really consistantly review it lol
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

i SEE then, good for you
"I could've just been imaging it..."

Posted 11 Years Ago


Writer #00

11 Years Ago

WC pulled a big-bad wolf again. : (
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol i c

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: science fiction, dark fantasy, post apocolyptic


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing