Chapter Two/Three *Untitled*

Chapter Two/Three *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Ello all meet Mr. Volt, Volts....eccentric, over protective father who has no problem asking the awkward questions

"
Volt left a little after that with a wave, heading back to her house for the evening, probably to get more lessons in the art of dropkicking boys who picked on me…her family was definitely an interesting one. Anyway, I placed my glass in the sink and her can in the trash, then went to take a much needed shower.

I ran the water and waited for it to get to the perfect temperature, a millimeter away from scolding hot, and stepped in it, letting the water run down my face and into my pores, soaking and burning whatever impurities lay within. After washing my hair I stepped out feeling for a towel and dried myself off before looking in the mirror. My red brown hair was plastered to my ivory skin, and my amber gray eyes stared back at me somewhat lazily.

I made a face and walked out the room.

“What took you so long?” My older brother Ryan said messing with my wet hair.
“Nothing, I felt like looking in the mirror.”
“Narcissist.”
“Whatever you say,” I brushed my brothers hand away from me and continued down the hall to my room where I’d hopefully get a good nights sleep.

 … 

The next morning was the same as usual. Volt pounding on my door, her platinum blonde hair still a little frizzy even though I knew she had probably combed it before walking in here, but as it always did it managed to become slightly crazy by the time she reached me. 

I handed her my comb and she began to work it back into place, her gold highlights freshly done so they where an even more vibrant gold than usual. 

“Hmm…I think I’m gonna try a new color when this one fades,” She mused looking at her reflection in her small carry sized mirror, the only feminine styling tool she owned. 

Volt would never be caught dead holding mascara or eyeliner, let alone put it on. She didn’t need it, and even if she did she wouldn’t care, she was too different to.

“Come one, I don’t wanna keep my dad waiting any longer,” She snapped her mirror closed and placed my comb on my dresser before grabbing my arm and yanking me down the hall to the front door.

“I wonder what that ‘cool’ thing is gonna be that happens today,” She said to me as she dragged me out the door.
“No idea, but I definitely could’ve used some breakfast,” I said slightly annoyed
“Bleh, that’s not something you should worry about, what you should worry about is what will happen to us if we’re not in my dads car in the…” she stopped to look at her watch “Thirty seconds.”
“You know he’s a stickler about time.”
I groaned, “Yeah yeah I know, still it’s not like he’d be hurting me, you’re his daughter” 
“Don’t remind me.”

This was another one of the unspoken rules of our homes: Volt comes here everyday after school, you can drive the two of them to it.

It’s one of those things that just sort of happened, and I know my parents are happy about that, means they get more time to hole up in their lab and work. Volt and I got in the car just as Ryan got in his ride to school, a bunch of  rowdy, music blasting, hormone raging, horn dogs, also known as the Oceanside High School’s football team.

Volt made a face as Ryan whistled at her. 

“I don’t know how the two of you are related.” She mumbled to herself, probably thinking I couldn’t hear her, then shut the door relinquishing us to twenty minutes of what we call the “Interrogation”, the oh so enjoyable twenty minutes where I get to have Volt’s father, Mr.Volt, who I might add is one of the most fearsome men on the planet, question me on an array of topics, mostly involving what I did when I was utterly alone, what my deepest darkest thoughts were, what was my view of death, and of course my all time favorite, do you find Volt sexually appealing. 

I know the first time he asked me that one Volt and I very nearly choked on our juices, Volt turning beet red, and me, well I just stammered like an incoherent idiot for the rest of the drive. Now, I started trying to think up the most elaborate answers possible that would either, fill up all of our time, or cause him to sidetrack to a different set of questions. Usually it was the latter.

Today started out as it normally did with the typical philosophical questions like What is the meaning of life, What is your purpose, How do u measure your potential, etc. etc. I tried to answer them as deeply as possible but I still left him time to start heading into the yellow zone questions, the ones that got more personal like, How are your parents, Do you talk to your brother much, Does he try to make you look at inappropriate content, What does he say about my girl. 

Unfortunately, I answered those questions even faster than the green questions leaving him all the time he wanted for his red question of the day. You could feel the tension in the small mini cooper rise as Mr. Volt contemplated his final question carefully. After about a minute of silence he cleared his throat and spoke.

“Now son.”

I gulped, those where never the words you wanted to hear at the start of a red question.
“Do you ever masturbate with the thought of my girl in your head.”

Volt’s jaw dropped, “Dad!” 

“Uhm sir?” I said after a moment, my mind still not grasping the question.
“I think you heard me quite clearly.”
“…Well…no…sir, I-I don’t,” I said flustered.

He nodded approvingly and stopped out in the front of the school.

“Well I’ll see you two after school.”
“Okay,” we groaned together.

At least the Interrogation was only for coming to school.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
enjoy, hope its not too inappropro

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha :) made me giggle. Anyway, who cares if it's a little risque? It's your writing. I thought it was very amusing. But I was a little confused at first cause I was reading this whole thing thinking that Dare was a girl! Awks. But anyway, I love it so keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A good chapter. I wish I had your eye for detail. You made each situation important. Chapter held the reader and I like the closing lines. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

10 Years Ago

Lol I never considered myself greatly detailed before ^^; Thanks for the compliment :3 Glad it held .. read more
Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

You are doing better. Detail is very important. I just read four books. The series of Game of Throne.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

10 Years Ago

hnngggh Love the G.O.T series, LOVE THEM TO DEATH! Okay, I'll definitely try to keep more detail in .. read more
100/100!! Lol, you have no idea how hard that made me laugh!! Great work, nice rising action.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh yes this chapter i think its funny too lol i love exceedingly awkward moments~ thanks i do like t.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
The end made me laugh though I really don't know why! 100/100 I'm still loving the book!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh yes teh awkward interrrogation chapter lol love it~ totally inappro pro glad u liking it :3
.

11 Years Ago

:D I'm loving it!
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

woot >:3 IT ONLY GETS BETTER!
felt like i was reading a professional writer's story.and you know what..you are surely no less than those professional writers...seriously you are really awesome.......the way you describe everything in so detailed and beautiful a style.is truly appreciating.....the most important aspect of the story writing is that it must be flowing with a very nice sequence and smoothly moving over the plot.......i really liked the way you have distinguish those questions in three colors..the color itself represent the type of questions very well....hmmmmm...quite intelligent,huh?........if you really don't mind.can i please urge you something..you write the note on the story below the title....well of course that is the correct place.but since the letters are so dark and small.i sometimes couldn't make it out clearly...would you please write them in the Author's note.or do you want me to buy a pair of spects for myself.(whoops..can't imagine myself in it).anyway....i this new character really adds the colors of humor in this chapter.......
but yes......
."walked out the room.".shouldn't it be."out of".......
thanks for sharing such a great story.....getting restless to read next chapters......



Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh fudge i totally didnt realize i forgot the of and thanks for the review I'm glad u liked it and s.. read more
The dark story

11 Years Ago

hey.thanks a lot for accepting my request....
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

np~
brothers-brother's, nights- night's, one or on? , dads-dad's or Dad's, u-you,
um.. pardon... I'm not quite used to words like "masturbate" though we encounter it this year... But mostly to us, Filipinos we are quite sensitive to this subject... Pardon me if I also corrected some of the wrong words... please don't hate me... Just being honest...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

if you're really reading a story you can see the left out corrections... (:
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol i'll definetly correct those though thanks again :3
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

(:
Ah, mirror cliche! ah! oh... guess I'll let it slid ;) Grammar was fine until the middle there where there was a 'u' instead of 'you' but no biggie. I am a little wary of Mr. Volt, i get the whole dad thing but he is creepy and am kind of curious as to why he is doing this interrogation everyday?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yes it was the fastest way to describe him before you end up going "wait what? He's not blonde? .. read more
That's great, Volt's dad is awesome! I'm glad my dad isn't like that, though, lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha :) made me giggle. Anyway, who cares if it's a little risque? It's your writing. I thought it was very amusing. But I was a little confused at first cause I was reading this whole thing thinking that Dare was a girl! Awks. But anyway, I love it so keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL...i loved it..:D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing