Chapter Three/Four *Untitled*

Chapter Three/Four *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Ello peeps and say hello to the finalish member of the gang Darius Breaker the mysterious transfer student. Now then, lets start to pick up the pace of this story >;3

"
We walked through the giant oak doors of Oceanside and prepared ourselves for another long day. It started out okay I guess, well if you considered a pop quiz in both my Calculus and History classes fine. Not even half the day had passed and I was already ready to go home, but hey that’s just how Oceanside was, “Pushing our students to their maximum potential”, that was their motto, which meant that even those hormone crazed jocks had at least 4.0 grade point averages. You didn’t get in Oceanside by being average.

The bell for nutrition rang and I gratefully left the room and sat down on a bench by the big oak tree, the spot Volt and I almost always hang out at.

“How was it?” I asked when she plopped down next to me.
“Oh it was great, just great, love taking tests on the anatomy of fish.”
I laughed, “Pop quiz in Physiology?”
“Oh yeah.”
“Well, you better study, you got another one for History.”
She groaned, “Great, tell me again how this day was supposed to be cool?”
I shrugged, “The day’s only just begun.”

The nutrition bell rang and we half heartedly headed to our next class English. I hoped we wouldn’t get stuck with another random forty minute essay to write. We walked into the room and to our seats in the far corner of the room, the place of outcast. That was another thing about our school, where in most places the back would be a haven to all those who were busily trying to text there girlfriends in class or paint there nails or just do nothing, here it was a place of shame and disrespect. 

I long ago gave up trying to persuade Volt to sit in the front with all the others, it wasn’t her that they had quarrel with, she wasn’t an outcast, she was just my friend. We sat down and faced the teacher waiting as she took roll.

“Damian Scottsdale?” Mrs. Jackson called my name in her southern accent, that was thicker than my own.
“Here.”
“Vanessa Volt?”
“Here,”

We looked at each other and Volt rolled her eyes. Mrs. Jackson, forever saying our full names.

“Well then y’all can relax, we aint havin our usual pressure essay today.”

There was an audible sigh of relief upon hearing the news.

“ ‘Cause today we have a new student, come in Mr. Breaker.”

Breaker? What type of name was that, I wondered. A boy in black sauntered into the room, jet black hair fell randomly around his olive colored face, framing his deep brown eyes. He looked around the room evenly his, eyes virtually devoid of warmth. He turned to me and my breath caught in my throat, in that moment I knew something was going to change.

“Well…say hello, Mr. Breaker.”

“Yo” He said with a curt nod before making his way to the back of the room and sitting down right next to me.

Volt shot me a concerned look, and I gave her a very very thin smile, I can’t imagine what possessed the kid to sit next to me, there’s a reason there’s an invisible wall around us, and anyone can see it. It’s the wall that says: stay away this is the outcast don’t get involved unless you plan on having an escape plan. Volt had her looks, but the new kid…he had nothing.

He turned and stuck out a hand, “Darius.”
“Huh?” I said confused.
“I’m Darius, and you are?”
“Dare,” I replied taking his hand.

Something warm traveled through my body, something that I had never experienced before, it felt like a dam had been opened and the flood was coming.

He smiled, “Nice to meet you.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome, I just started following this series, and you are really keeping me on my toes! The new guy definitely made an impression. Whenever I read "Volt", I still laugh from last chapter! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOL i have a pretty good impression of that voice........i digress YES Yes i shall write more lol as.. read more
Michael Perez

11 Years Ago

Its k you will do it! Just remember a Gollum face, that might give you inspiration :P
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOL gollum face~
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Great entrance for the new guy! Really loved this chapter! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yaaaayyyy~ cant wait till u have a fav char~ very interested in who it'll b
.

11 Years Ago

I think my favourite character is Volt! xD
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

woot lol yeah it looks like shes the fav by most people usually with Dare 2nd and Darius third I gue.. read more
nice work again..the best part of your work is that.you describe everything so elegantly.i really liked the simile you have used in the second last line......keep writing like this!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol thanks :3 glad u liked it :3 i do aim to please~
last paragraph sure is confusing bit if it's something sensitive to my age please don't explain...
In here, you described the feeling of a classroom when you get an annoying essay to write unless if you're a writer... and to stay in the back means haven, sometimes yes, sometimes no... Good one though...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

ah the warm feeling isnt bad its explained later so i wont say and thanks glad u liked it this schoo.. read more
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

yeah (:
"Breaker? What type of name is that?" says DARE not a normal name in my book, it's funny and a little endearing somehow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

Lol well his real name IS Damian which is pretty normal and yeah Dare slightly oblivious to life and.. read more
I'm confused by the fourth to last paragraph- do you mean he's unattractive or doesn't have any outcast characteristics or..? Otherwise, me gusta

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:O Exciting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 20, 2012
Last Updated on May 20, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..