Chapter Five/Six *Untitled*

Chapter Five/Six *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

WOOT You see the first of Dares powers ;3

"
Today in P.E we were going in the gym, to climb the rope that hung from the floor to the ceiling. Don’t ask me what possessed the school to do that, cause personally I couldn’t have thought of a dumber thing to do, all they had for protection was a mat that was about an inch thick, and if your close to two stories in the air when you fall…well I don’t think that would end well for anyone.

Anyway, considering that was out of my control I followed the rest of the class reluctantly inside. Oh did I mention I hated heights? We entered the gym and sat down, the teacher calling us up one at a time in alphabetical order. I sighed, this was one of the things that pegged you in your respective spot on the popularity hierarchy, make it to the top, you were insured a spot in the jock crowd, make it halfway you wont be picked on, anywhere below that made you the target of all those above you.

Darius being a “B” was one of the first ones called. He took off his vest (he wasn’t wearing P.E clothes since this was his first day) and walked up to the rope. He stood there a moment, testing the ropes strength by giving it a few delicate tugs. Satisfied, he grabbed hold and began to make his way up the rope. Everyone in class stared as he made it past the one fourth mark, half mark, three quarters mark, and finally the very top. 

Everyone just kinda sat there, unsure what to make of it. Not many people made it up to the top, and the fact that the new kid did, who by the way didn’t even look like he could lift more than twenty pounds, made everyone impressed. Congrats Darius, you just found your way into the jock inner circle, and outside of outcast territory.

Darius climbed down and nonchalantly made his way back to where Volt and I was sitting as if doing that was as normal as a walk in the park, which for all we knew could be.

“Impressive new kid,” Volt said.

Darius just shrugged and remained silent, watching the other kids failed attempts at climbing the rope.

“Hmm, I cant peg that kid,” Volt whispered in my ear, “I can’t tell if he’s a good kid or a bad kid or a kid who’s just using us till he finds his own spot to hang with, it’s driving me nuts.”
“Tell me about it.”
“Bleh, whatever, lets just watch so we have something to laugh about later,” Volt said leaning back slightly.

I noticed a phew of the guys in other classes turn and stare when she did that and snickered to myself. That was Volt for ya, able to make even P.E clothes irresistible. Finally, after what seemed like ages, it was my turn.

I sighed and got up, not thinking about how high up that rope went. Darius clapped me on the back. 

“Good luck,” He said.
“Thanks.”

I kept walking, not stopping until I reached it, took a deep breath, and grabbed onto the rope. Suddenly, my vision went white and my head snapped back feeling like I got punched in the face. My hand clenched the rope and images swirled in my head…or in front of me, or around me, I wasn’t sure. I saw Volt get on the rope winking at me, I saw her climb up halfway, and then I saw the rope snap, freeing itself from the top of the ceiling. I heard her scream and I saw her plummet down to the ground where she stayed. I saw the rest of the class run forward, and all hell break loose. Then my vision folded in on itself and I was back where I was before, standing in front of the rope, my body now shaking.

I stood there stunned for a moment, and felt something drip off my face. I released the rope, my hand now a ghostly almost translucent white, all the blood drained from it and wiped my nose. It was bleeding.

“Dare are you okay?” Our P.E coach asked me.
“Uhm, yeah,” I said still shaking and with half my shirt on my face trying to stop the bleeding.
“Why don’t you sit down, you can climb the rope later.”
I nodded, “Yes sir.”

I sat down next to Darius and Volt, who both shot me concerned looks.

“Volt,” Coach called, “You’re up”
“Okay,” She said standing up.
“This’ll be a piece of cake,” She said to me as she made her way to the now I deemed cursed rope.

Once reaching it, she winked at me…just like in my vision, and began to climb. My blood turned to ice. As I finally realized what it was, my vision was a glimpse of the future, my hunches on overdrive, this time it didn’t want to give me a feeling, it wanted to give me absolute certainty that was going to happen.

I stood up, and ran to where she climbed, my heart beating in my throat. Time seemed to slow down, I felt the stares and gasps, and confused voices around me, but that was only for a moment because, that was when the rope snapped.

Volt screamed, I dived to the ground, arms outstretched, hoping, praying that I would catch her. I closed my eyes and felt her weight in my arms, and I let out a silent sigh of relief. She was going to be okay.

“You okay?” I asked opening my eyes.
“Uh..yeah,” She said a little stunned, “How did you…? Was it one of your hunches?”
“No.”
“No?”
“It was a vision.”
She looked up at me with her seemingly crystal green eyes and gave me a small grin, “Cool.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
COMMENT REVIEW PLLZZZ

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty great.....a great and AWESOME TURN in the story...i think you write in an informal way a lot.that's why i don't get one or two words of yours in the first shot.but anyway.nice story...i'm moving ahead right away!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yeah sorry thats how the main character talks/ thinks and since its in first person from his pov its.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
*gasp* is Dare ok? Really scared the life out of me that part! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yeah he's okay for now yes EMOTIONS I LOVE MAKING PEOPLE FEEL!
.

11 Years Ago

Well u did it my heart was beating more than normal lol! :D
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol woot my powers of suspense still live >;3
vision, huh

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

hell yeah lol
"Cool" 'nuff said.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

right? that word so beast
Dude... shivers. I totally loved the way you described his vision, it was really well done. I am so excited cause I really wanna read more :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WRITE MORE!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 21, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..