Chapter Nine/Ten *Untitled*

Chapter Nine/Ten *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

BLLLEEEH this one took awhile, and it kinda sux :/ but yeah here it is the new chapter in the book hope u at least kinda like it. Oh and you get to see a new slightly innocent side to Darius

"
We got to school with no problems, her dad, noticing my fatigue, allowed me to “sleep” for the ride. When we arrived, though,  the whispering only got worse, becoming an obnoxious murmur. I clutched my head and winced.

“You okay dude?” Volt said noticing my discomfort.
“Yeah, I’m fine, I just want these people to shut up,” I said, “It’s giving me a headache.”
“Tell me about it,” Volt said.

We sat in the hallway by our lockers waiting for the bell to ring for first period and watched the other students bustle around, to and fro, on their own personal and secret missions of the morning.

“Well, there’s the bell,” Volt said standing as the bell began to ring, “You sure you’re gonna be able to survive the day? I kinda think you might be getting sick.”
I nodded and stood up, “I’ll be fine, always loved the idea of people screaming at me when they see a ghost.”
Volt stared at me blankly, “What?”
I hung my head, these voices where messing up my sarcasm, “Never mind, just go to class.”
“Well okay Mr. Moody,” She said making a face.

We hugged quickly and I watched Volt walk down the hall before starting to go to my own class. I had barely taken three steps before I bumped into Darius, who of course sharing my entire schedule accompanied me to Calculus.

We walked a few moments in silence before Darius began to speak, “What’s eating at you? You look kinda…sick.”

I groaned, was I going to have to deal with everyone asking me that today? 

“Nothing, it’s just a head ache,” I replied.

Darius looked at me quizzically and then grabbed my hand. I gasped slightly, getting a little dizzy from the sudden rush as the warm electric feeling I felt when I first shook his hand yesterday spread through my body. 

“What are you doing!” I said, yanking my hand away, severing the connection.
“Nothing…just…nothing,” Darius said being as cryptic as ever.

We walked through the threshold of the classroom and I took my seat in the back of the room. This class was full to bursting, so students actually had to sit next to me in here, and thus saving me from one other class I had to sit next to Darius in. The kid was seriously weird.

The final bell rang just as I sat down, and then my teacher, a squat, round and balding man, announced to us that yet again we would be taking a quiz, this time on limits. The class collectively moaned, and it seemed like the other classes decided to be even louder, the whispers increasing in their intensity.

The teacher began walking up and down the rows handing out the quizzes and he dropped one on my desk when he passed mine. I flipped it over and stole a quick glance in Darius’s direction and quickly averted my gaze, Darius’s eyes looking straight at me. I sighed and shook my head, trying to clear it and took out my calculator.

I groaned inwardly as I read the first question: What is the limit of  x squared plus 4 over x minus three as x approaches 5, graph and make a table to show your work. I hated it when he gave us those problems. Why couldn’t it have been one where he just asked us if the limit was possible and why? But no, he had to give us one where I had to actually think on the day I was least up for it. I scratched my head, tried to block out the voices and began to work. 


“Time,” My teacher called after ten minutes had passed, “ Hand up your tests.”

I bit my lip and passed it up, knowing I failed it. Yet again the voices prevailed in distracting me, and even if I was awake and jittery from the coffee, it did nothing to help my concentrate. I sighed and closed my eyes, desperately trying to come up with a solution, knowing that if this day continued like this, my brain would be fried by third period, and the last thing I wanted was to deal with a pressure essay on fumes.

Finally the bell rang for first period to end, luckily it was a shortened day (meaning that we only had to deal with four classes instead of all six), and I headed out to the quad for some much needed air.

“How’d it go,” Darius said as he caught up with me.
“Huh?”
“The quiz.”
“Oh…yeah…that thing,” I tried to wrap my mind around his words, my head feeling like it was about to split open, “Uhm…I- I think I failed it.”
“Ouch, that, sucks,” Darius said awkwardly.

I almost smiled. The goth kid, he was so awkward it was just funny. I decided to forgive his hand grabs and focus on how he saved me from Jason, mentally adding him into my friend group.

“Well, come on,” I said forcing a smile against my wincing, “Volt’s waiting, she really hates it when friends are late.”
Darius froze, looking a little shocked, like the concept was completely foreign, “Friend?”
“Yeah, you can hang with us…officially,” I said laughing slightly, “Ow, I shouldn’t have done that…oh but before I forget, my parents told me to invite you over today, so they could meet you, I kinda told them about you last night. You okay with coming over?”
He nodded, recovering from his stupor, “Yeah.”
“Great.”

We turned a corner and approached a smiling Volt. Someone’s first period went well.

“Heya peeps,” She called as we got closer, “How goes it?”
“Just dandy,” I said, “Oh, by the way, think your dad will be down with driving Darius with us too?”
Volt nodded, “Yeah, he’s gonna wanna meet the mystery boy anyway.”

Darius raised an eyebrow but said nothing. 

“Well, lets enjoy what’s left of this fine, fine morning and then prepare to be murdered by the dastardly villians known as teachers. Agreed?” Volt said sprawling on the grass underneath the tree.
“Agreed,” I said joining her on the ground, my arms wrapped behind me.
“Agreed,” Darius said, sitting beside us. He had a small smile on his face, one that betrayed his joy at being accepted by us. I temporarily forgot about the whisperings and smiled myself, looking up at the clouds. I knew what it was like to be outcasted and not wanted, I was just glad that I was able to help another lost soul. I realized that’s all that Darius had wanted…a  friend.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
sorry bout this one, it kinda sux :/ Please critique though :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this chapter :) but you should relax, it's hard to make fill in parts of the story and make them sound interesting but I think you managed to do that well. I'm glad they're friends with Darius now :) sort of... but I mean, if he's evil or something then I don't. Anyway, I just wasn't sure about this sentence-“Ouch, that, sucks,”-I just think maybe lose the extra comma in between that and sucks. But if you meant it so there was a gap maybe saying something like, "Ouch, that... sucks," But I mean, it's just a suggestion.
Anyway, still loving it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
dastardly villians known as teachers really sounds like me commenting about teachers on one of my bad days at school! Loved this! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOL yes gotta love em >;3 BUT WAIT THERES MORE! DARE~~~~~~
.

11 Years Ago

Totally! Can't wait to read the rest! :)
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol yes u finished the whispers :3 ur approaching my favorite bit so far DELTA!
All that Darius had wanted is a friend... All new kids want one and not everyone approach a new one without suspicions and everything I'm glad he was accepted though

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yeah hes all happy now kinda....that stuff will be explained later
He's still creepy! Darius gives me the willies.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol who is your fav char anyway? If Darius is freaky lol
Needs some tits and bits edit.But hey its really not that bad.Goodluck and keep on

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this DOESNT suck...its really good....YES FINALLY DARIUS is his friend.....:D this is a perfectly paced chapter...HEHE

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this chapter :) but you should relax, it's hard to make fill in parts of the story and make them sound interesting but I think you managed to do that well. I'm glad they're friends with Darius now :) sort of... but I mean, if he's evil or something then I don't. Anyway, I just wasn't sure about this sentence-“Ouch, that, sucks,”-I just think maybe lose the extra comma in between that and sucks. But if you meant it so there was a gap maybe saying something like, "Ouch, that... sucks," But I mean, it's just a suggestion.
Anyway, still loving it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing