Chapter Ten/Eleven *Untitled*

Chapter Ten/Eleven *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

OMG OMG, this chapter i think i did a pretty epic job on :3, i hope you like it, more of teh story is revealed and with it more questions, I hope it makes you want to read more >:D

"
When the bell finally rang signaling the end of the day I was exhausted. The whispers, what ever they where had drained me completely. Each step was like a landmine going off, sending spasms of pain through my brain, I could barely remain conscious. I leaned on Darius for support and together we slowly made our way to the front of the school where Volt stood waiting by her dad’s mini cooper, her dad looking impatiently at his watch. We were taking up some of his lunch hour.

“Oh my god,” Volt said when she saw me, “You really look like death, maybe we should take you to the hospital or something…”
“No…I-I’m fine,” I stammered as the two of them helped me into the car, “J-just need some…sleep.”

Volt looked unconvinced but didn’t argue, she knew that it would be impossible to reason with me. Darius climbed in beside me, and strapped me in, my body too weak and disoriented to do even that small task. Volt shot me another worried glance and opened the passenger side door, sitting next to her father, who looked uneasily at me through his rearview mirror. The whole car was silent with worry, I guessed Darius’s interrogation would have to wait for another day.

The twenty minute drive moved by quickly, my mind blurring between consciousness and unconsciousness until I couldn’t be sure which plane I resided in. The car door opened, and I was virtually dragged out of the car by…I think, Darius…but I wasn’t too sure anymore. 

I was suddenly in front of my door, and Mr. Volt knocked on it violently…when did he get out of his car? The door opened, and the whole world tilted sideways and my legs buckled beneath me, I would’ve fallen if it wasn’t for who ever was still holding me up.

“Oh gosh, what’s wrong with him?” I heard my panicked mother say.
“I’m not sure Mrs. Scottsdale, he looked decent earlier, but now…now he just looks…well like this,” Volt said. Even in my deranged state I could tell she was forcing herself to stay calm, not wanting to think anything bad was to happen to me.

I groaned and clutched my head as the whispers grew to a deafening roar, becoming a jumble of sound, no longer making any sense. I must be on my last leg. 

“Get him inside,” My father said in a strained voice. I felt myself cross the threshold of the home and was led to the living room, where I was set down. I heard voices at the front, it sounded like my parents where denying Volt and her dad entry into the home. I could hear Volt’s protests and I heard them get shot down, but honestly I couldn’t care less, noise was just becoming noise, and I couldn’t stand it much longer.

Finally the door was shut with a deafening crack, my senses where going haywire, I was barely able to make a single coherent thought. I felt someone put something on my forehead, it felt wet and cool, I would’ve laughed if I could, what was a little rag supposed to do if my entire body was almost rejecting itself?

Hushed whispers, this time I think they came from my parents, something about an Anchor, whatever that was, but I felt that they had a definite animosity towards Darius. I wondered why…wait…was Darius even still here?

“Well, you found us,” My mother said in disgust, I had never heard such an angered, hateful tone used by her ever, what was the reason.

Suddenly, my equilibrium went completely topsy turvy, even with my eyes closed it was disorienting and I missed Darius’s answer.

“Well go on then Darius, do your job,” My dad said the last words with the utmost disgust.

Again I missed Darius’s answer, all my energy focused on staying at least somewhat coherent.

“Well it doesn’t matter now, just do it, the Council will know you’re gone by now,” My mother retaliated.

I opened my eyes for a moment and a disorderly scene revealed itself to me. I was in the living room on the couch, my parents were out of their lab coats for the first time in years, their calm collectedness of scientists lost for the moment. Darius sat next to them looking like they usually did, totally calm, collected, and rational, looking more like the adult in the room than my parents did. I almost would have thought it was a dream except I was in too much pain for that to be.

I made a noise, probably bordering animalistic and they all turned in my direction, my parents expressions softened immediately.

“There there Dare, it’s going to be ok, nothing bad will happen ok?” My dad said in an almost motherly tone. Things must have been pretty bad for them to call me Dare, they always call me Damian.

I struggled to make a sound, but nothing worked, just a strange mix of gurgles that couldn’t pass as language. My mother looked away from my pathetic form and to Darius, her expression now hard, “Do it, or I swear on his dead body I’ll kill you.”

Darius studied her for a moment and nodded, then put his hand on my eyelids. They felt heavy and I closed them again. He grabbed my hand and like before I felt the electric warm feeling that I tended to feel when he touched me, except this time it was in overdrive and  I gasped audibly, almost sure that my hair was standing on end. 

Wave after wave of the warm spread through my body, comforting me healing me, re-orienting me, making me normal again. Eventually the whispers died down to an almost inaudible voice. 

“Done,” He said.
“Good, then get out, and don’t you ever come back,” My dad said.

I could almost feel him pointing him towards the door.

“Of course Mr. Scottsdale, sorry for intruding.”

With that, Darius grabbed his things and walked out the door, closing it gently. My parents sighed in relief, I felt the atmosphere in the room return to normal.

“How do you feel dear?” I heard my mom ask, but I never answered, for I had finally managed to fall into a much needed sleep.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Still loving this! For a moment I thought Dare was dead. 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOl this early on? PSSSh no he cant die until the end >:3 (just so u know hes not gonna die at the .. read more
.

11 Years Ago

K tnx for telling! :)
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol np
mysterious...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yesh >;3 More shall be explained soon enough~
Darius makes me want to read on......Nice and.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh. Well... that's fine... make Darius like a minion of the crazies. Haha :) nicely done. Seriously I was reading so hard cause I was like-where does Darius fit in here? Anyway, again... good job. I enjoyed it :) I don't have much to say this time though cause I liked it so... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing